Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#466 Post by azureXtwilight »

I think the download got corrupted, or perhaps you're using windows 8?

Safu

#467 Post by Safu »

Hello. I'm (really) looking forward to play this game! :D The plot sounds very interesting. I've downloaded it. Sadly, I got the same problem as Tenarium. I tried to extract it for several times, but Winrar keeps telling me to download a fresh copy at the final part of extraction. I believe the part's called "video.rpa". I think the file got corrupted? Can you help me? Thank you! :(

I'm using Windows XP SP3.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#468 Post by azureXtwilight »

Have you tried the other download link? Thank you!

suikojay
Regular

#469 Post by suikojay »

Safu wrote:H I've downloaded it. Sadly, I got the same problem as Tenarium. I tried to extract it for several times, but Winrar keeps telling me to download a fresh copy at the final part of extraction. I believe the part's called "video.rpa". I think the file got corrupted? Can you help me?
Just keep trying! Eventually, you'll get a good copy at some point (unless u have an unstable internet connection)! I did actually just download the game again today using the 2nd link and I was able to extract it without any problems.
azureXtwilight wrote:
suikojay wrote: Hmm, were there any other references that I missed?
I'll leave it to you to find out :p
U meanie! Image

But seriously, I looked thru the majority of this thread today just to see some more of what people were saying about this game, and I ended up finding out about 2 other references! :lol:
Madoka Magica and Higurashi! I guess it makes sense that I missed both of these since I stopped watching Higurashi after like the 1st ep, and I haven't seen anything from Madoka Magica, but ironically, I was actually planning on watching it pretty soon (like this week, after another short VN and of course, Re-set :wink:), especially with that sequel movie coming out later this year. xD
Doppelganger is a sarcasm about many things I've observed in life. From my culture, from the internet, from the media, lots of things has been added into the game. So yeah, I model most of them after personification of certain cultures/ideas/trope and break it.
Hmm, that's interesting, was that also what you've done in your past games, and is that what u plan to do in your future projects?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And if u are ever short of or need an extra proofreader (that's not afraid to criticize and make corrections, lol), I honestly wouldn't mind looking things over. : ) I don't really have a degree in English grammar, but I've always done very well in that subject in grade school as well as in college.

Safu

#470 Post by Safu »

azureXtwilight wrote:Have you tried the other download link? Thank you!
suikojay wrote:
Safu wrote:H I've downloaded it. Sadly, I got the same problem as Tenarium. I tried to extract it for several times, but Winrar keeps telling me to download a fresh copy at the final part of extraction. I believe the part's called "video.rpa". I think the file got corrupted? Can you help me?
Just keep trying! Eventually, you'll get a good copy at some point (unless u have an unstable internet connection)! I did actually just download the game again today using the 2nd link and I was able to extract it without any problems.
Oh, yes! :D I just finished downloading. And I was able to extract it too! Yaaay! Thank you for the suggestion! I'll come back later if I'm done playing.

FaithBloodBath

#471 Post by FaithBloodBath »

Hello~ I REALLY want to try out this game it looks soooo awesome! But I'm having a really hard time downloading it, I tried both the links more then once and nothing.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#472 Post by azureXtwilight »

FaithBloodBath wrote:Hello~ I REALLY want to try out this game it looks soooo awesome! But I'm having a really hard time downloading it, I tried both the links more then once and nothing.

sab564

#473 Post by sab564 »

Thanks! I've been looking for this!

khfan12
Regular
Completed: Clarity, a MH KN
Projects: "With You", Truculence

#474 Post by khfan12 »

**emerges from the shadows of her cave bedroom**

*leaves this sketch of Blake*

**disappears into the shadows**
Image <<My DeviantArt

Kinetic/Visual Novels:
Complete:
Clarity - MH KN- Solo Project
Projects:
With You (working title) - Lead Writer/Concept/ETC
Truculence- Concept Artist, Proofreader

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#475 Post by azureXtwilight »

khfan12 wrote:**emerges from the shadows of her cave bedroom**

*leaves this sketch of Blake*

**disappears into the shadows**
Aww, thank you very much~ <3

fathskie
Regular

#476 Post by fathskie »

heya!

Is the file corrupt? First it told me that it can't locate python27.dll, so I downloaded it. But after I copy paste it on othe directory I got this message:

"Traceback (most recent call last):
File "renpy.py", line 24, in <module>
ImportError: No module named os"

What shoud I do ?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#477 Post by azureXtwilight »

Which download are you using? Thanks!

fathskie
Regular

#478 Post by fathskie »

This is what it looks like when I extracted it,

http://i44.tinypic.com/2rwp5k3.png

When I looked at the game directory I didn't find the video.rpa (which I assumed supposed to be in there)

I downloaded the game from the link that you said you prefer because you can count how many people download it, from mementomori site

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#479 Post by azureXtwilight »

fathskie wrote:This is what it looks like when I extracted it,

http://i44.tinypic.com/2rwp5k3.png

When I looked at the game directory I didn't find the video.rpa (which I assumed supposed to be in there)

I downloaded the game from the link that you said you prefer because you can count how many people download it, from mementomori site
All right, maybe the computer doesn't support the installed version, so you can try the alternative link : http://berix.us/files/Doppelganger.rar

sanashi27
Regular
Tumblr: ichika27
Deviantart: sorayume-kyou

#480 Post by sanashi27 »

I downloaded the game and watched over it to make sure there was no error but when I tried installing it, there are files that couldn't be extracted. It was that video.rpa or something...
Playing games are wonderful. It's like living another life although short, yet it's unforgettable.

MikaYuu is Love, MikaYuu is Life. My OTP <3