Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
leon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Visual Novel Tycoon, Night at the Hospital, Time Labyrinth, The Buried Moon, Left of Center, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Lemon Project, Porcelain Heart, Dream's Dénouement
Organization: Team ANARKY

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#481 Post by leon »

@everyone having problems extracting the game:

It seems that while switching the server for Memento Mori Productions website, somehow the file got corrupted. I'm really sorry about that. :(

I uploaded the file again. You can download it from here - http://mementomori.vnovel.com/download/ ... ted-souls/

Kirenisa

#482 Post by Kirenisa »

Oh this sounds good I'm downloading right now!

suikojay
Regular

#483 Post by suikojay »

leon wrote:@everyone having problems extracting the game:

It seems that while switching the server for Memento Mori Productions website, somehow the file got corrupted. I'm really sorry about that. :(
Nah, I don't think it got corrupted. I just tried re-downloading the application just now (9/18/13 - using the 1st download link in the opening post, and it extracted just fine). Unfortunately, it seems like it just takes a few to several tries sometimes to download a good copy.

Duskylli
Regular
Completed: The Mishka Effect, Fairly Dangerous.
Projects: Palette Swap

#484 Post by Duskylli »

I'm still having trouble extracting the files from the link above. Tried a few times too :C
Attachments
Dopple.png
Dopple.png (13.59 KiB) Viewed 3110 times

suikojay
Regular

#485 Post by suikojay »

Duskylli wrote:I'm still having trouble extracting the files from the link above. Tried a few times too :C
Yep, there's been a number of people on this thread that said that it took them a few to several tries to get a good copy. But just keep at it, u are sure to get a good one sooner or later (as long as u don't have a choppy Internet connection). :)

emizee

#486 Post by emizee »

Ermergerddd I have a question D:
Can you pleasssee tell me the rest of the walkthrough? D:
I really want the rest of the neo path walkthrough please tell me? X3

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#487 Post by azureXtwilight »

emizee wrote:Ermergerddd I have a question D:
Ummm, his path is the true path.

emizee

#488 Post by emizee »

azureXtwilight wrote:
emizee wrote:Ermergerddd I have a question D:
Ummm, his path is the true path.
Oh I meant I just don't have the first ending of end of the inverted souls. I have all the other ones (Oh my god that took so long WORTH IT) But I just can't seem to get that ending. The walkthrough guide doesn't have it apparently.

sanashi27
Regular
Tumblr: ichika27
Deviantart: sorayume-kyou

#489 Post by sanashi27 »

I finished playing!! Well... Almost. I can't get the 1st ending for End of the Inverted Souls. Can anyone help me?

Anyways, I loved it. It was kinda boring at 1st cause there are too many things happening and so much stuff shown on screen that wasn't explained but as I played more and more and as I've gotten more and more endings(most with the help of the walkthrough), the mystery becomes clearer and it gets more interesting.

I love the characters(except maybe Raphael). The art style improved a lot(I've played your older games). There are some spelling or grammar mistakes if I remember but the story is enough for me to not be bother by things.

Oh and there's this mistake in the game: When Clifford tells Lucia his past in the park, in the middle of it, he would stop and Lucia will kinda ask him to continue on. The same scene happens when Clifford was telling his past to everyone in Lucia's house in a different route(the part with Lucia will ask Clifford to continue and the background is the park). And in one of the endings for End of the Inverted Souls, After Lucia's (successful) fight with her doppel, the ending credits will show up on screen. After that, you will get the continuation of the story to get to the true ed, or other endings(with Chunxiang killing Lucia) and the ending credits will roll again. At 1st I thought it was the epilogue or something but then choices started showing up and it was clear that the game hasn't ended yet despite the ending credits showing up. And Blake's route picture for the menu doesn't show up(instead, when I'm on Blake's route, Raphael's pic replaces the menu pic instead of Blake's)

Other than that, I don't think there's anything else.

I love the canon pairings by the way. I didn't see some of them coming(especially Lucia's). I love that Lee ended up with that person- yandere x yandere is so cute!! XD

By the way, can you give me a pic of Lee with short hair like in the ending? I wanna draw his and that girl(I wanna give as less spoilers as possible on my post).

And oh yeah, I noticed that when you open the game folder, there's another folder in there with doubles of some of the other stuff that is already outside. That might be why the game file is too big when downloaded.

In the end, thanks for making this wonderful game. I would look forward to more games from you in the future.
Playing games are wonderful. It's like living another life although short, yet it's unforgettable.

MikaYuu is Love, MikaYuu is Life. My OTP <3

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#490 Post by azureXtwilight »

sanashi27 wrote:I finished playing!! Well... Almost. I can't get the 1st ending for End of the Inverted Souls. Can anyone help me?

Anyways, I loved it. It was kinda boring at 1st cause there are too many things happening and so much stuff shown on screen that wasn't explained but as I played more and more and as I've gotten more and more endings(most with the help of the walkthrough), the mystery becomes clearer and it gets more interesting.

I love the characters(except maybe Raphael). The art style improved a lot(I've played your older games). There are some spelling or grammar mistakes if I remember but the story is enough for me to not be bother by things.

Oh and there's this mistake in the game: When Clifford tells Lucia his past in the park, in the middle of it, he would stop and Lucia will kinda ask him to continue on. The same scene happens when Clifford was telling his past to everyone in Lucia's house in a different route(the part with Lucia will ask Clifford to continue and the background is the park). And in one of the endings for End of the Inverted Souls, After Lucia's (successful) fight with her doppel, the ending credits will show up on screen. After that, you will get the continuation of the story to get to the true ed, or other endings(with Chunxiang killing Lucia) and the ending credits will roll again. At 1st I thought it was the epilogue or something but then choices started showing up and it was clear that the game hasn't ended yet despite the ending credits showing up. And Blake's route picture for the menu doesn't show up(instead, when I'm on Blake's route, Raphael's pic replaces the menu pic instead of Blake's)

Other than that, I don't think there's anything else.

I love the canon pairings by the way. I didn't see some of them coming(especially Lucia's). I love that Lee ended up with that person- yandere x yandere is so cute!! XD

By the way, can you give me a pic of Lee with short hair like in the ending? I wanna draw his and that girl(I wanna give as less spoilers as possible on my post).

And oh yeah, I noticed that when you open the game folder, there's another folder in there with doubles of some of the other stuff that is already outside. That might be why the game file is too big when downloaded.

In the end, thanks for making this wonderful game. I would look forward to more games from you in the future.
Thank you so much for playing my games, sorry for all the errors and mistakes that might occur. I'll try to avoid them in future games.
Lee and that girl will be featured in Re:Set's episode 2
Ah, the doubles are quite necessary because of some of the codings imported when I switch ren'py files and I am too lazy to recode things so I just double the files. XD

sanashi27
Regular
Tumblr: ichika27
Deviantart: sorayume-kyou

#491 Post by sanashi27 »

azureXtwilight wrote:
Thank you so much for playing my games, sorry for all the errors and mistakes that might occur. I'll try to avoid them in future games.
Lee and that girl will be featured in Re:Set's episode 2
You don't know how happy I am when I read that. XD

Thank you :)
Playing games are wonderful. It's like living another life although short, yet it's unforgettable.

MikaYuu is Love, MikaYuu is Life. My OTP <3

Yumi-sama

#492 Post by Yumi-sama »

I tried downloading the game but it didn't work.
I downloaded the one on the link you prefer.
Now, I'm trying the second link, hope it works.

I love the movie :D

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#493 Post by azureXtwilight »

Sorry about that, the memento mori server is kind of unstable at the moment >w<

Yumi-sama

#494 Post by Yumi-sama »

Dude!!! Doppelganger is the epitome of awesomeness XD

Amazing story, characters, art, everything is awesome XD

I love the way the mysteries are locked and I enjoyed solving them :)
All the characters are so interesting especially Neo Marshall, my favorite. Damn, he's so cool, intelligent, mature, humorous, kind, has clear goals and will do everything to achieve it. He does not only complete Lucia's checklist but also my checklist XD

I learned a lot from this game :)
and those lessons can be applied in real life.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#495 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you so much for playing and liking this game! :D