Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#511 Post by azureXtwilight »

plaster wrote:[x3 Edit combo:] Now that I've finished the game in its entirety (though I have one cg/song still locked from some scene in the true path between lee/xiang? meh)... the story definitely grew on me. I will miss my Capital City friends dearly except for Raphael. Also I'm totes thrilled that
Marshall is the true ending guy, even though I'm pretty sure he gunned us all down in one of the Raphael endings what the hell man I thought we were a team

Also. Where did the music come from? I'm loving the bombastic little titles and some of the pieces are kind of awesome, namely the vocal one for the epilogue and Oriental Madness. omfg
Thanks for liking the game! I'm glad the story left a good impression on ya~ You can see those peeps again in Re:Set :P
FYI, The music sources can be seen in the ending movie.
VioletPurple wrote:I just registered today to give some feedback about the game~
I just finish all endings 2 days ago. I must say this is my favorite English otome game so far! My favorite character is Neo, he just looks perfect with Lucia! I just recommended two friends to play it too!
I'm a native Chinese speeker and many of my friends are Chinese too, I want to have them play the game but most of them don't understand English :(
Me and my friend thought it might be good idea if we can translate this game into Chinese to get more people to play :D
We don't know if we can get your permission to do that or not? I just want more people come and enjoy this game :D
Thanks for playing! Glad you like it~
I'm very sorry, but I already lost the original version of Doppelganger since they take up so much space in my PC ^^;

VioletPurple

#512 Post by VioletPurple »

azureXtwilight wrote:
Thanks for playing! Glad you like it~
I'm very sorry, but I already lost the original version of Doppelganger since they take up so much space in my PC ^^;
That's OK~I'll still recommend more friends to play,it may be a good chance for them to learn English :lol:

RandomKoro83

#513 Post by RandomKoro83 »

Help! I just can't seem to get Final Present(4) OR Denoument (7) of the thing (I forgot the name). I keep getting the third one and it's partially getting annoying
:(

FruitSeller

#514 Post by FruitSeller »

*sneaks in*

Hi~ I came in from your Fantasia series (which I love!)

So, I figured - hey, why don't I play this so I can stop suffering about Cain's endings? At least until I get the motivation to play for another character ;-;

Nana~

#515 Post by Nana~ »

This game is so awesome!Every time you get used to problems a new one takes it's toll!Worth the download.Cool beans!

suikojay
Regular

#516 Post by suikojay »

azureXtwilight wrote:I'm very sorry, but I already lost the original version of Doppelganger since they take up so much space in my PC ^^;
Yikes! So you don't have the original coding and everything anymore??

In the future, what you could do is burn the data on a CD-R or DVD-R or USB stick before deleting it off your PC. :) Those are all pretty cheap these days.

plaster
Regular
Tumblr: plasterbrain
Soundcloud: plasterbrain

#517 Post by plaster »

CHECK IT!! The Doppelganger true ending "Good Grief" is actually a song called SweetVoice by 甘茶の音楽工房, which Google translates to "Music Studio of Hydrangea Tea." http://amachamusic.chagasi.com/music_sweetvoice.html
The download link is smack dab center of the page with the little blue circle beside it.

These are the lyrics as I hear them. Any help would be much appreciated. @_@

And every time you're near, I try to make it clear
and when you call on me it's one for three
(x2)

CHORUS:
And every time you're near, I try to make it clear
that when you call on me it's one for three
And even if you cry, then I'll just tell you why
Why we're done, {bore none?}

What can you do? You still {???}
They'll reject you, they'll connect you
What can you do?
(x2)

CHORUS

Other tracks I was able to locate:
Pseudo Ressurection [sic] - Neo's Theme: pseudoresurrection by millstones (scroll down, it's track 11)
Sad Memories: The Merry-go-Round and the Red Balloon by 甘茶の音楽工房
Lee Family's Pride: Ryuno-mai by 甘茶の音楽工房
Dawn of the Inverted Soul: SCENERY SPRING - another side - by Sentive (track 15)
Farewell: ただ明日を希う by EIM (it's under the third section with the date 9/06/21)
Chill, Dude -- Rico's Theme: FreeBGM TR-12 by D'elf (scroll down)
Memories of Older Sister: Snowily by Azell
Sun Shines Again: Road Leading to the Hill (gentle version) by 甘茶の音楽工房
No f@#ks given -- Jun's Theme: NONE 02 by Sentive (appropriately enough, track 2)
Morale Heartbeat -- Officer Marshall's Theme: HEARTBEAT by Lukhash
What Now?: Blitz Chaser by millstones
Theory of Nothing -- Raphael's Theme: Theory of Nothing by millstones (track 10)

And some others I couldn't find the in-game name of.
Fate Revision by millstones (track 6)
Dream Space by D'elf

Will keep updating list tomorrow but I think if I have to hunt down another millstones song atm I'm going to explode.

KawaiiPanda

#518 Post by KawaiiPanda »

This game might have been the best otome game I have ever played! I may have just made my account today, but I have been downloading games on lemmasoft for about 2 years now. :) I decided to make an account and start commenting on the games I have played. Only thing that I want to bring to your attention is that your walkthrough isn't completed. Other than that this was amazing and I can't wait to see what you come up with next :3 Btw you are my first posted reply so yay!!!! *Gives you a free panda* :D ~KawaiiPanda

xXRosebloodXx

#519 Post by xXRosebloodXx »

ive been wanting to play this for a while now and finally was able to (finally got a compy that was better and could handle ren'py games). just wanted to say that i was not dissapointed :D you did really good on this one, ill have to check out your others :)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#520 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you so much for playing , guys. It meant so much to me. Please keep supporting me to make more games :'D

MysticPuma
Projects: Fading Souls

#521 Post by MysticPuma »

So I ADORE this game, like... It became my life after a few minutes.

However, I had a couple of issues:
1 - When I first started, I found the prologue felt slow and long. This was only on my first playthrough for some reason, but either-way it was better when I started getting the extra scenes like
when Jun shows you the painting, or seeing Neo talking to Anastasia when she's on her way to school. Also, the case reports were awesome!
Those extra scenes just made all the replays worth it :3
2 - I understand that Beta-testers can't get everything... But I was a little sad to see the various grammatical errors throughout the game. They are sparse, but some sentences didn't make as much sense as they perhaps could have, while others just ruined my immersion (That's a big thing for me).

However, I thought the pacing of the game (other than the initial prologue) was very good, the art is wonderful (although some CGs are a touch awkward) and really helped me imagine the scenes as they were happening. As for the music... HOLY MOTHER OF GOD I LOVE THE MUSIC! Sad to say, though, I've tried to find the artists etc and just...couldn't... I dunno if maybe you could give us links to their websites or something? *shrug* just an idea.

Overall a brilliant game! Better than a lot of paid games I've played, although perhaps a little less polished (understandably, hell I wanna make my own game and that will be a far cry from the quality of this beauty)

But I have to ask, CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET ENDING 4 OF THE TRUE PATH!? I THINK IT'S CALLED "FINAL PRESENT"? I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET THAT ENDING FOR DAYS HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Okay, done now XD Thanks for making this wonderful game. I'm trying to downlaod Re:Set atm, but the download keeps breaking :(

nicoletti901

#522 Post by nicoletti901 »

Oh, my. All that I can say is that it was absolutely amazing and really well played out. I loved it. ^^

theSardonyx

#523 Post by theSardonyx »

Yay for walkthroughs.! I've only gotten 12 endings so far, so this would be a big help. :D

Great game. There were times when I got too carried away and that's great, because that means the game was able to touch my emotional side, which, I can tell you, doesn't happen often. (Lee, you arschloch.!) :P

Hope you make more games like this. :)

Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

#524 Post by Shinoki »

I literally read through all 35 pages of this topic. I really wanna play this game now. I wanted to play when I saw the first main post, but~ after being an idiot and reading all the spoilers, which I don't really understand fully yet, my urge to play is even greater. *salutes*

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#525 Post by azureXtwilight »

nicoletti901 wrote:Oh, my. All that I can say is that it was absolutely amazing and really well played out. I loved it. ^^
theSardonyx wrote:Yay for walkthroughs.! I've only gotten 12 endings so far, so this would be a big help. :D

Great game. There were times when I got too carried away and that's great, because that means the game was able to touch my emotional side, which, I can tell you, doesn't happen often. (Lee, you arschloch.!) :P

Hope you make more games like this. :)
Shinoki wrote:I literally read through all 35 pages of this topic. I really wanna play this game now. I wanted to play when I saw the first main post, but~ after being an idiot and reading all the spoilers, which I don't really understand fully yet, my urge to play is even greater. *salutes*
Thank you so much, I hope you will play more of my games ^^