Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Roseus Mirabili
Regular

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#346 Post by Roseus Mirabili »

So far, I'm loving the game, but atm I'm having a little problem trying to get to Blake's route (even with the help of your guide.) I got to the part where I had to approach someone, but Blake's name never showed up as an option

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#347 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Roseus Mirabili wrote:So far, I'm loving the game, but atm I'm having a little problem trying to get to Blake's route (even with the help of your guide.) I got to the part where I had to approach someone, but Blake's name never showed up as an option
Oh! I might know the problem!
Have you gotten through Yuri, Lee, and Raphael's paths? Blake (and Clifford) will not unlock until at least 1 ending from each is achieved.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

RandomKoro83

#348 Post by RandomKoro83 »

I CAN'T PLAY IT D':
PLEASE HELP MEEEEH
~Mac 10.4 user depression
Attachments
Picture 12.png

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#349 Post by azureXtwilight »

How to play in other OS other than windows:
Install renpy 6.14
Put the extracted game folder in your renpy folder
Launch game using renpy

Laniessa
Veteran
Completed: CDC, Cerulean, WBW, Helena's Flowers
Projects: Chomp Chomp, WaV
Tumblr: adirosa
Deviantart: adirosa

#350 Post by Laniessa »

...Just finished this! I haven't unlocked 1 / 2 / 3 of the final set of endings, but oh well!

The game was so intense. I really couldn't sleep last night haha. Um, due to the nature of the game, spoiler tag:
Lucia's doppelganger is the scariest thing in the entire game, I swear. After that... uh. Chunxiang. What an variation of a yandere.

Lee was a more classic yandere, but seeing him 'team' up made me less afraid of him. (I actually got on his route first! I remember finishing it... and Lucia and Lee were together... and then LUCIA KNIFE DOUBLE SUICIDE. The other endings in the route where Neo and Lucia are just talking to each other were so cool, though.

Niaaa! I really thought she was Neo's wife for a long time, even though I thought her resemblance to Neo was really creepy. But, um, everybody seemed to have similar eyes, so. I wish I could have seen Felicity.

Raphael is just plain insane, I swear. I mean... he has a nice side... but who doesn't? Everyone in the game has a nice / INSANE thing to them.

Anyway, I fiercely enjoyed this. The true end where everyone (...except Blake and Zhuang) was happy asdhjaskd <3 Lee and Chunxiang's dysfunctional relationship is the best thing ever.

There were some typos in the script, but the writing was amazing! I like the fonts used in the gui, too. The music is... unforgettable, as well. I'll search up which tracks I enjoyed the most. Good job on the art, by the way! That's a massive amount of CGs and sprites. Keep practicing!
All in all, good game.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#351 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you so much for playing! :D I am glad you like this! This is probably the game I enjoy creating the most~

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#352 Post by Kokoro Hane »

So I finally showed my mom the true ending! She is definitely satisfied, and now I'll show her the other endings forfun, since there's still many scenarios opened XD
She liked how Neo swept Lucia up, 'cause my dad did something similar when they were dating. I can totally see him doing that, actually XD Maybe that's why I like Neo.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Karl_C
Veteran

#353 Post by Karl_C »

azureXtwilight wrote: How to play in other OS other than windows:
Install renpy 6.14
Put the extracted game folder in your renpy folder
Launch game using renpy
I guess this information is obsolete?

I downloaded "Doppelganger.rar" from mirror2., it seems to be the 'All Version' (MS-Windows, OS X, Linux) package. It contains the Linux startscript and the renpy engine. All I had to do was to make the files 'Doppelganger_##.sh' and 'lib/linux-##'/python' executable. Installation of renpy 6.14 is not necessary on Linux.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#354 Post by azureXtwilight »

I don't know that, but thanks for the information! I wonder if it can work in mac as well...

Karl_C
Veteran

#355 Post by Karl_C »

azureXtwilight wrote:I don't know that, but thanks for the information! I wonder if it can work in mac as well...
It should, at least on newer Macs with x86 CPU. Did your read the warning in the docs?

'Warning
The zip and tar.bz2 files that Ren'Py produces contain permissions information that must be present for Ren'Py to run on Linux and Macintosh.
Unpacking and re-packing a zip file on Windows and then running it on Linux or Macintosh is not supported.'

Building Distributions for MS-Windows x86, Macintosh x86, Linux x86/x86_64

On Mac OS X and Linux there are file permissions (for instance 'executable') that doesn't exist on MS-Windows.

BTW: I played it for aprox. an hour now, it's a refereshing "unusal" renpy game. It's definitely worth a try :)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#356 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you once again! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'm truly wishing for everyone who played the game to finish it untl the true ending ^^

8oni
Regular
Completed: Midnight Encounter, White World
Tumblr: 8oni
Deviantart: 8oni

#357 Post by 8oni »

One of the reason why I register here is so that I can say your vn is awesome. :D
I really like how you make the story connected to each other. Even the Blake path is enjoyable
[because Neo is there of course :wink: ]
Anyway, I have got all the ending but I missing one CG, can you tell me what I miss? Thanks a lot. :mrgreen: Since it seems spoiler tag didn't work on image I give the image link instead on the spoiler. Didn't want to be a bad guy here and spoil the fun :?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#358 Post by azureXtwilight »

8oni wrote:One of the reason why I register here is so that I can say your vn is awesome. :D
I really like how you make the story connected to each other. Even the Blake path is enjoyable
Anyway, I have got all the ending but I missing one CG, can you tell me what I miss? Thanks a lot. :mrgreen: Since it seems spoiler tag didn't work on image I give the image link instead on the spoiler. Didn't want to be a bad guy here and spoil the fun :?
Thank you for playing! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
That's the cg when shuang kisses Clifford in the true path before she died. I wonder why it didn't appear, must be an error :s

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#359 Post by Akitsuki »

Still downloading~ I will try to give some thoughts later up ^^

8oni
Regular
Completed: Midnight Encounter, White World
Tumblr: 8oni
Deviantart: 8oni

#360 Post by 8oni »

azureXtwilight wrote:
8oni wrote:One of the reason why I register here is so that I can say your vn is awesome. :D
Thank you for playing! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
That's the cg when shuang kisses Clifford in the true path before she died. I wonder why it didn't appear, must be an error :s
Oh I see. Well, I can always save on that part to see the CG :lol: Thank you for the quick reply :D