Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#361 Post by Akitsuki »

Finished one route, and I bet it's not the good one because I picked the answers randomly lol. Also, some things I have in mind,
Somehow I prefer that you keep covering some stories, because I feel like you expose the story too fast that I miss the surprise feelings in some spots. Some unknown scenes are good to be left like that, especially the ones in the beginning because they gave me clue, and of course, questions as well. But later on, I, as the player, understood the story before Lucia did. Like the part when I found out that Chunxiang (did I spell her name correctly?) is Lee's ex, but Lucia knew that when Shuang told her. So, yeah. I only thought like, "Well, I know that already though."
On the other hand, I really enjoy it! I couldn't stop playing it until I found out what is actually going to happen. I can't really say much since I only finished one route, so, off to get more routes!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#362 Post by azureXtwilight »

Akitsuki wrote:Finished one route, and I bet it's not the good one because I picked the answers randomly lol. Also, some things I have in mind,
Somehow I prefer that you keep covering some stories, because I feel like you expose the story too fast that I miss the surprise feelings in some spots. Some unknown scenes are good to be left like that, especially the ones in the beginning because they gave me clue, and of course, questions as well. But later on, I, as the player, understood the story before Lucia did. Like the part when I found out that Chunxiang (did I spell her name correctly?) is Lee's ex, but Lucia knew that when Shuang told her. So, yeah. I only thought like, "Well, I know that already though."
On the other hand, I really enjoy it! I couldn't stop playing it until I found out what is actually going to happen. I can't really say much since I only finished one route, so, off to get more routes!
Thank you so much for playing~

Exposing the paths is a must for me because most people will likely skip some paths that has crucial infos, in which I have to included them in other paths so they won't go "Huh? I don't understand" XD.
Also, I am exposing "falsely modified" informations so the shitbrick will be apparent later~

yuyuko

#363 Post by yuyuko »

I just started playing this today – I think it is excellent! I'll put my thoughts into more detail after I get all the endings, but I just wanted to comment on this one line.
Shuang: "Our family says that it is weak to wish. But I know the truth. When somebody says that people can't hope, I would tell them they are wrong every time."
Looks like she's channelling Madoka here. She'll tell them that countless times, eh?
Hopefully that reference was intentional, otherwise I'm just embarrassing myself.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#364 Post by azureXtwilight »

yuyuko wrote:I just started playing this today – I think it is excellent! I'll put my thoughts into more detail after I get all the endings, but I just wanted to comment on this one line.
Shuang: "Our family says that it is weak to wish. But I know the truth. When somebody says that people can't hope, I would tell them they are wrong every time."
Looks like she's channelling Madoka here. She'll tell them that countless times, eh?
Hopefully that reference was intentional, otherwise I'm just embarrassing myself.
Yay, another reference found! Yes it is truly a
Madoka reference. This game was inspired by Madoka, Corpse Party and Ryuukishi's creations. :mrgreen:

Akitsuki
Veteran

#365 Post by Akitsuki »

Now seriously here, you're at fault for making me sleep late and couldn't focus on my math test. It's so damn addicting I can't even--*A*
Enough of random rambling. And just asking, is the ending in the last list the true one?

LukanFox

#366 Post by LukanFox »

Um, just wondering about the track that plays during Lucia's confrontation with her doppelganger in Cliff's & Blake's paths; I couldn't find it in the Music Gallery. What is it called, and what do I need to do to unlock it?
(I've still got 5 empty slots on the left side; Haven't finished all the endings on the true/Neo's path yet, only 'Coward')

Also could you release an OST; this music is just so awesome that I need to be to stick it on my mp3 player and I don't how to extract it from the game files.
(Yeah, I know, I'll get around to learning how Python works...eventually)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#367 Post by azureXtwilight »

LukanFox wrote:Um, just wondering about the track that plays during Lucia's confrontation with her doppelganger in Cliff's & Blake's paths; I couldn't find it in the Music Gallery. What is it called, and what do I need to do to unlock it?
(I've still got 5 empty slots on the left side; Haven't finished all the endings on the true/Neo's path yet, only 'Coward')

Also could you release an OST; this music is just so awesome that I need to be to stick it on my mp3 player and I don't how to extract it from the game files.
I'm really sorry, the music isn't really mine to begin with. You can find some on Jamendo.
Akitsuki wrote:Now seriously here, you're at fault for making me sleep late and couldn't focus on my math test. It's so damn addicting I can't even--*A*
Enough of random rambling. And just asking, is the ending in the last list the true one?
The true ending is End of The Inverted Souls :)

LukanFox

#368 Post by LukanFox »

azureXtwilight wrote:
LukanFox wrote:Um, just wondering about the track that plays during Lucia's confrontation with her doppelganger in Cliff's & Blake's paths; I couldn't find it in the Music Gallery. What is it called, and what do I need to do to unlock it?

I'm really sorry, the music isn't really mine to begin with. You can find some on Jamendo.
Eh, guess I just have stick to listening at home then; I've gone through more true path endings, but haven't managed to unlock endings 5 & 7 yet. I'm assuming ending 7 is Denoument and that path is in the walkthrough, but I'm lost for ending 5; which flags need to be set?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#369 Post by azureXtwilight »

LukanFox wrote:
azureXtwilight wrote:

Eh, guess I just have stick to listening at home then; I've gone through more true path endings, but haven't managed to unlock endings 5 & 7 yet. I'm assuming ending 7 is Denoument and that path is in the walkthrough, but I'm lost for ending 5; which flags need to be set?
I think ending 5 is where you fail to convince Lee to forgive Chunxiang, simply said you can't change the apst to him near the end of the true path.

Akitsuki
Veteran

#370 Post by Akitsuki »

So far, I have gotten most of the endings, I just need to work it up a bit to complete it.
And you know what? At first I had no interest in Lee and in the true end,
I don't know why I was so happy that he joined our side *A* His obsession remains unhealthy thou, but, well, I don't know, I just like him.
Also, here's a really simple doodle for my new OTP (~^o^)~ Somehow I just knew from the start that they belong to each other o_o
xiang-lee.jpg

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#371 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you very much! I shall cherish this <3
I don't want to make "and everyone is happy and nice in the end", some people may not change. It's more realistic that way. XD

LukanFox

#372 Post by LukanFox »

Thanx for earlier; now I've unlocked all the endings (though I've already forgotten what most of the normal path ones were; c'mon, there's 31 of them to remember) and music, but I'm missing two pics: 2nd pic of Rico in hospital and 4th screen, 4th row, 3rd column. If you could continue being awesome and tell me how to unlock them, I can satisfy my creepy completionist OCD.

Also, kudos on the plot; Most VNs I've played tend to ignore events that happen on different paths, but I love the way that Doppelganger gets all the paths to integrate in a way that makes sense. That's some rare talent there I'll tell you.
Last edited by LukanFox on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maegalkarven
Regular

#373 Post by Maegalkarven »

OMG i love this game too much! I play this again and again!)) All this story is wonderful! Really horror story, espesially then Lucia 2 and other doppelgangers appeared. And Neo!))And the true,(i think, the last path is the true path, really! )path is amasing! All the game i think about Neo:"Wow, interesting guy, i want at least cooperate with him", and then..then...All my dreams come true!)))Yeah! Happy Lucia, lovely love story between Lucia and Neo) And Neo have wonderful sister, really!)
And Cliff is happy, Rico, umm, is kind of happy with Anastasia, even Lee is happy in his own way!Everybody are happy!)
P.S. And Lee with his"I was been rejeeeected!!!!"Aha-ha-ha-ha, this thing was really funny)) And there are a lot interesting and funny moments in Neo's path) I just like Lucia, then she is Neo' partner, they both are so amasing!)And i didn't expect THIS end! Zhuang!! I trusted you, you, little bastard!T_T
Thank you very much!)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#374 Post by azureXtwilight »

I remember the pictures doesn't show up due to a bug, so it's not your fault. Really sorry! :D

And Maegalkrave, thank you for liking!

LukanFox

#375 Post by LukanFox »

Ah, well in that case, kudos again on crafting a very complex but still very engaging story. Maybe I'll eventually resume my own writing project (though finding time to do so around a full-time job and playing other people's projects makes that feel like a distant future).
Why did I start this game of life & death where logic & emotion are twisted & blended together into an endless spiral of hope & despair? ...

Well, for starters, I kinda like the taste of the souls of the dead, but, no, seriously, the real reason was coz' I thought that watching and learning what you petty humans would do in this kind of situation would keep me entertained for a few years!

Having said that, if you lot had stopped and thought about why you were really killing each other, you could have easily disrupted my game; you just never cared to do so...