Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
FreaQiu

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#406 Post by FreaQiu »

i like Blake's route, he's so cute ^^. and lee is just .. err, creepy ? well, overall i like this game. Just wondering, are you still working on the last fantasia ? uhh.. i forget the name. the one with grand finale, ? O.o?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#407 Post by azureXtwilight »

Glad you like it ^^

And no, the game is cancelled due to some reasons.

FreaQiu

#408 Post by FreaQiu »

aww.. Okay, thanks for telling me. Good luck for you then :)

arfaofharmony

#409 Post by arfaofharmony »

This is very very good game, especially I like its plot.
But it took me several days to play it, I just couldn't do another things :)
I've used the walkthrough, but I still can't achieve the fifth ending of End of the Inverted Souls. Please, help me someone!!!

About game:
I'm in love with Clifford! And I'm so upset I can be with him something more than friends. But I think it's fair, because my own personality is more similar to Shuang (I also want everyone to be happy), and i somehow dislike the main character - yes, she is strong, smart and so on, but not like me, that's why I watched her in a third person too. Maybe also that's why I don't like Neo so much, but they're a good pair.
Blake was a ray of sunlight in this story, something that warmed my heart.
In Rafael I wasn't interested from the very beginning, in difference from the main character, that was rather annoying. He is good only for Bertha. I think he could never love Lucia:)
I liked Nia, but she almost wasn't involved in the main events :(
And about so hated Lee. I can understand him, he had very hard childhood and weak by nature, When he joined the group the feature of him I felt before that - suggestibility - showed up. And I so desperately wanted him to be with Lin. I was so happy when they kissed! They are the perfect fit. I hope they will be able to love each other more honestly.
The story of Rico and Ann somehow remained on a background.
Zhuang was always strange, I thought he was the demon with whom Lee's ancestor made a contract, but he was just doppelganger of Shuang (maybe it's the same).
Thank you for the game and please, help me with the ending 5!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#410 Post by azureXtwilight »

To get ending 5,
pick "Yes, you have to erase" the past when talking to lee near the end.

And Lee and Lin are also my OTP too :p

ark99k
Regular

#411 Post by ark99k »

I am playing this game a little later everyone else 1. because I usually don't play these kinds of vns (Not into horror type things) 2. because I could not get it to work on my laptop. Great game by the way!
Anyway, I have gotten all endings for Lee, Raphael, Yuri, Clifford, and am working on Blake. So I was wondering if there was a path for Neo/Marshall (Raphael path= Marshall. Completing more paths = Neo) or Ignatius. I think that on Clifford's best ending Lucia might end up liking Neo/Marshall because you know the classic girl drops item and guy returns it to her. Also it seems like no matter what path Lucia is alone in the end, Now I have not done the true path but it seems like so far one of the happy endings is repayment at least she has a chance for new love and a better outlook on life. Are there any good endings with Lee? I feel so sorry for him, he had a really bad life and maybe Lucia could have changed him. (even if it takes forever and he is a murderer)
I really liked SOME of the art in this game.
Shaung looking through the window on the day she saw Clifford is really pretty!
Yeah I don't think that all of that was a spoiler but better safe than sorry.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#412 Post by azureXtwilight »

Unfortunately, there won't be a path for Ignatius. For Neo, he's the true path guy. For Lee, hhm... He's a bit mentally unstable and I don't think Lucia can handle that. He gets a nice ending in the true one, though.

Mikiri

#413 Post by Mikiri »

I love this game. It's great. I have every ending and all of the songs, however, I seem to be missing 3 CG's:
The second CG where Clifford is in hospitals bed.
On 4th page, second picture from the end.
And the second picture of Clifford hugging Shuang on 6th page.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#414 Post by azureXtwilight »

Ah well, it's due to a bug. I really hope you'll forgive me! :'(

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#415 Post by Fenrir34 »

I've never played a horror visual novel before and I must say some of the scenes in this were rather disturbing. Still I really enjoyed this game. Haven't finished it though.

Lee was my first ending.

Right now I'm attempting Yuri's ending.
At first I though "He seems like a nice guy. Wish she would notice him a little more." But as I got more into it my perception of him changed to "He's crazy...Really crazy...Must beat his ending."
I take it he's not a romance option because of his love for Jun? If not I still like him. His story as a child was sad. Was surprised Jun was the boy :lol: .
Anyway good job with the game. Even though I'm not done with it yet I really like it. :)
Last edited by Fenrir34 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#416 Post by azureXtwilight »

Fenrir34 wrote:I've never played a horror visual novel before and I must say some of the scenes in this were rather disturbing. Still I really enjoyed this game. Haven't finished it though.

Lee was my first ending.

At first I though "He seems like a nice guy. Wish she would notice him a little more." But as I got more into it my perception of him changed to "He's crazy...Really crazy...Must beat his ending."

I take it he's not a romance option because of his love for Jun? If not I still like him. His story as a child was sad. Was surprised Jun was the boy :lol: .
Anyway good job with the game. Even though I'm not done with it yet I really like it. :)
Yes, some of the scenes are meant to be disturbing to show the real danger.
Also, can you put the Lee part in spoiler, please?
Yuri has a friendship ending, I think. That's when you don't involve jun in the story.

18goldy231
Projects: Inside Her Mind (name subject to change)
IRC Nick: Goldy

#417 Post by 18goldy231 »

Hi, I have been trying to download your game ever since I knew it existed, like a week ago, and each time I try I always run into some kind of difficulty. I don't know if this is because my computer is just a tad temperamental, or if it's actually because of the download links, but when I try to click the berix.us link it never stops loading, and when I try to download the game using the mementomori.vnovel link it tricks me into thinking it'll work, by letting me open it and then it says something like downloading will take 25 minutes, and after that a pop up appears telling me to extract it, and so I do, and then the extracting process bar, as I shall call it, fills up almost all the way and then I get this message "CRC failed in Doppleganger_DoTIS-1.1-all\game\video.rpa
Unexpected end of archive"
Along with a popup that says "Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation"
Each time I try to download it I get the same message, and I would really like to play your game especially after peering at all the posts in this topic in the hope to find a different download link. Please help me!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#418 Post by azureXtwilight »

Right now the mementomori site is having some kind of difficulty, so it's best to try downloading from this: http://berix.us/files/Doppelganger.rar

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#419 Post by Fenrir34 »

azureXtwilight wrote:
Fenrir34 wrote:I've never played a horror visual novel before and I must say some of the scenes in this were rather disturbing. Still I really enjoyed this game. Haven't finished it though.

Lee was my first ending.

Yes, some of the scenes are meant to be disturbing to show the real danger.
Also, can you put the Lee part in spoiler, please?
Yuri has a friendship ending, I think. That's when you don't involve jun in the story.
Sorry about leaving that Lee part in. I put it in the spoiler section.
And I see. I should try to get that ending with Yuri then. :D

Mikiri

#420 Post by Mikiri »

azureXtwilight wrote:Ah well, it's due to a bug. I really hope you'll forgive me! :'(
Of course I can forgive you :wink: I thought that it's a bug. So now that I know I can sit assured that I didn't miss something :)