Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
18goldy231
Projects: Inside Her Mind (name subject to change)
IRC Nick: Goldy

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#421 Post by 18goldy231 »

Thanks for replying to me, but I seriously think it's just my dumb computer. sigh. I'll just have to try on someone else's computer, because I am not giving up on your game! :shock: actually, I was able to download it! So no worries!

suikojay
Regular

#422 Post by suikojay »

18goldy231 wrote:I get this message "CRC failed in Doppleganger_DoTIS-1.1-all\game\video.rpa
Unexpected end of archive"
Along with a popup that says "Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation"
Each time I try to download it I get the same message, and I would really like to play your game especially after peering at all the posts in this topic in the hope to find a different download link. Please help me!
Yeah, based on the error you are getting, sounds like your internet connection stops the download before it can complete. It happens sometimes with me as well. I would suggest using a program like GetRight (http://download.cnet.com/GetRight/3000- ... 05533.html) - this will allow u to resume your download even if it should stop prematurely. There are others out there that u can try, but I think GetRight is the most famous one.

xGemJemx
Projects: When Black Roses Wither (GXB) Upcoming

#423 Post by xGemJemx »

Just got around to play this VN and it's real cool! The music really helped to convey the feelings of the situation, but I have to say it got a bit... sort of long (not complaining though)

Also managed to get the true ending and hands down one of the best endings I've came across, I liked how it wasn't your typical horror, psychological VN kinda thing, I have to admit I got a bit creeped out by some of the scenes which barely happens; the description you gave was really well written too ^^. Though I couldn't relate much of myself to Lucia as I got further into the story, I think I was starting to understand her a lot more. Overall it's a real good game!

Neo was also like my guilty pleasure >.< I will be playing this game over and over again and would never get bored, hope more games like this come again in the near future :D

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#424 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you for playing!

Yes, Lucia as a main character isn't very relatable to everyone. She is the overachiever type, and she is put in a very wacky situations and she will definitely breaks down. Lucia also puts Bertha as a role model and it makes her try to follow her path in whatever ways possible. But I think that's what makes her unique as a character.

rubythorns

#425 Post by rubythorns »

So, I've played through the final path and. . . OMG! That was amazing. I got ending 7 on the first try! However, I backtracked to get them all and Ending 6 was very interesting as well. Though I have a theory and I wonder if its true:
Are the two tigers in the song Lin and Lee? I thought the one with no ears was Lee, because he refuses to hear anything that doesn't fit in his worldview. The tiger with no tail is Lin, because she is so off balanced. They both just charge forward.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#426 Post by azureXtwilight »

Wow, amazing. I can't believe you figured that out XD Yes, your theory is completely right.

Moon20
Regular

#427 Post by Moon20 »

Hello azureXtwilight, can you whish you have walktrough for this game, upload it on walktrough thread on this site? And i really love your game very much, my favorite are Frozen Essence and Doppelganger : Dawn Of the Inverted Soul and im looking forward to your next game Princess Of Ruins and im cheering for you to complete your next game

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#428 Post by azureXtwilight »

Moon20 wrote:Hello azureXtwilight, can you whish you have walktrough for this game, upload it on walktrough thread on this site? And i really love your game very much, my favorite are Frozen Essence and Doppelganger : Dawn Of the Inverted Soul and im looking forward to your next game Princess Of Ruins and im cheering for you to complete your next game
Thanks, but I am not the person who made Frozen Essence and Princess of Ruins. I'm the one who made Fantasia games ^^; The walkthrough is on the first page of the thread.

Moon20
Regular

#429 Post by Moon20 »

Oh sorry about that, i whas litte bit tired and didnt see who made Frozen essence and Princess Of Ruins, so im really sorry about that,

rubythorns

#430 Post by rubythorns »

azureXtwilight wrote:Wow, amazing. I can't believe you figured that out XD Yes, your theory is completely right.
Yay! That was one of the coolest metaphors I've ever come across in a visual novel. Very Poetic. :D

18goldy231

#431 Post by 18goldy231 »

Hi again, so I've almost finished this whole game and it literally took me over 24 hours of actual game play. I mean when I read that this game took 5+ hours and then 12 hours later I was nowhere near finished I nearly flipped a truck. I just want to say you are such a troll. Not only because I spent nearly three days in a visual novel, but also because you made me cry so many times! I mean so many twists and I hated ...specific people *wink wink*, but you made me feel sorry for them. Darn You!!! I love you!!

This game was awesome and I am so grateful that I wasted away in front of a computer for three days of my life. Right now I'm developing ideas for a visual novel that I hope to create and your game made me think about how two dimensional the plot that I'm creating was. Suddenly it hit me that I could do so much more with my visual novel. Like, how you interwove all your characters together and how you had 'good' endings for every character, but none of them were as great as the one true ending.

I absolutely loved mr. mystery man, even though Blake was okay, and I actually like Raphael until later. Lee....yeah.... not so much. And I felt so sorry for his ex, who for the life of me I cannot spell her name.

Jun and Yuri were a cute couple, but I felt like the whole 'reverse roles' thing, just felt too, Idk, it didn't feel wrong, and I knew what you were trying to do, make it seem like they completed each other even though they felt abnormal. But at the same time I just felt like it was the wrong message. I didn't like how every other character thought Yuri was weird for wanting to cook and clean. Which, btw, is perfectly normal for a guy to do , because household chores aren't just for girls in this day and age.

I cried every time I saw an ending with Clifford and Shuang. I laughed every time I saw Neo and Lucia flirting hee hee. But, I wish I knew more about Yuri's brother because he dies every time and I never got to find out what he was experimenting with in his lab, or what he created for his school project, and I just felt like his character had more to say. So , If you could tell me if you had any more thoughts on him, please do so.

I have to be utterly honest, when I first started playing this game I did not like it at all. I felt like the grammar was too off putting and I seriously considered just throwing in the towel. I also thought some of the characters like Raphael, and Lee ( in the prologue) were a little cliché. But man, was I surprised when I finished just one ending. For me, the twists were what really just pulled me in and trapped me there. I still have to say that some of the lines were a little awkward, but it didn't matter to me, because the story that you created was imaginative, creative, absorbing, horrifying, depressing, enlightening, uplifting, and basically an emotional rollercoaster. I am so grateful that you put all your effort into creating this ride. I immensely enjoyed it. :)

18goldy231

#432 Post by 18goldy231 »

p.s How do you put up the spoiler blocking thing? I'm really new here!
p.p.s.: How do you get the first ending for the final path , it's not in the walkthrough.
Last edited by 18goldy231 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#433 Post by azureXtwilight »

Hey, thank you for liking the game and characters! I put a lot of effort in it, so I'm glad people enjoyed playing. English is not my first language and even though I have already got so many proofreaders maybe the script was too long for them to completely cover, so sorry for that. Perhaps you're willing to help next time? Hee hee~ :3

About Yuri's problem, it really depends on the culture you're from. I'm from far east so I use quite a lot of my culture/family tradition reference, so maybe it's a little bit strange for some people in a different one imo.

Yuri's brother... Hmm, he was supposed to be a cameo from another game I was making but got cancelled.

Hmm, which ending have you gotten already? I'll take a look at that.

sanashi27
Regular
Tumblr: ichika27
Deviantart: sorayume-kyou

#434 Post by sanashi27 »

I wanted to play this game for a long time but everytime I try downloading, it says it'll take 1-3 hours and my internet is kind of slow(plus, I don't have that much time as I'm not the only one using this computer). Isn't there anything that could be done about it?

If not, then thanks for reading anyways.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#435 Post by azureXtwilight »

Really sorry about that, the game is quite big and there's no way I can cut down the size.