Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
BlackSummer

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#496 Post by BlackSummer »

the walkthrough only has endings 5 and 6 of end of the inverted soul also even if entire walkthrough is followed to the letter not all of the cgs are given.

Lyyli
Regular

#497 Post by Lyyli »

I can't believe that I didn't play this game until recently! Even though I don't always like modern day settings this game got me hooked. It was quite hard to stop playing.
I really liked the story and characters. The music fit to a tee and your art has improved sooo much since the first Fantasia game. I love dark, twisted stories and characters so I loved every minute of it, thehe.
Oh man, when Zhuang went crazy in the end of the true path... I loved it :P The weird me likes crazy characters... and he was so cute as well, haha.
Gonna play the Re:Set games now! Can't wait to see the connections it has to this game.
Meep.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#498 Post by azureXtwilight »

Lyyli wrote:I can't believe that I didn't play this game until recently! Even though I don't always like modern day settings this game got me hooked. It was quite hard to stop playing.
I really liked the story and characters. The music fit to a tee and your art has improved sooo much since the first Fantasia game. I love dark, twisted stories and characters so I loved every minute of it, thehe.
Oh man, when Zhuang went crazy in the end of the true path... I loved it :P The weird me likes crazy characters... and he was so cute as well, haha.
Gonna play the Re:Set games now! Can't wait to see the connections it has to this game.
Thanks, I'm glad you like it!
The connection we have between them is that they are in the same universe and the old characters made an appearance :D

xxstrangesoulxx

#499 Post by xxstrangesoulxx »

azureXtwilight, this game is truly amazing. I'm in awe in how well it has been done. There are so many twists and different endings which makes it so much fun to play and it never gets dull. I'm hooked. The characters are interesting and I like how they are not what they seem. And the music is good. I'm enjoying the music gallery. I'm quite addicted to some songs listed there. This is hands down one of the best games I've played.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#500 Post by azureXtwilight »

xxstrangesoulxx wrote:azureXtwilight, this game is truly amazing. I'm in awe in how well it has been done. There are so many twists and different endings which makes it so much fun to play and it never gets dull. I'm hooked. The characters are interesting and I like how they are not what they seem. And the music is good. I'm enjoying the music gallery. I'm quite addicted to some songs listed there. This is hands down one of the best games I've played.
Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad people are still commenting on this even after a year of release :')

saigoichi
IRC Nick: saigoichi

#501 Post by saigoichi »

this was my first VN I ever play, and I was like... WAW! the story, the gameplay, the arts... really made me go screaming like crazy after getting every ending! from the moment I read the storyline, I was expecting something more... but, it's more than I expected! truly, after playing your others VN too, I saw many improvements from your work like the arts and the gameplay, makes me want to make something too! but I'm still trying to learn from the basic... hopefully there's someone who is willing to help >_<

actually I've played this long time ago, but just too shy to post something... and you're an Indonesian? a plus from me then!
once again, great work azureXtwilight! looking forward to your work on Re:Set series :D

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#502 Post by azureXtwilight »

saigoichi wrote:this was my first VN I ever play, and I was like... WAW! the story, the gameplay, the arts... really made me go screaming like crazy after getting every ending! from the moment I read the storyline, I was expecting something more... but, it's more than I expected! truly, after playing your others VN too, I saw many improvements from your work like the arts and the gameplay, makes me want to make something too! but I'm still trying to learn from the basic... hopefully there's someone who is willing to help >_<

actually I've played this long time ago, but just too shy to post something... and you're an Indonesian? a plus from me then!
once again, great work azureXtwilight! looking forward to your work on Re:Set series :D
Thank you so much, and yes I am an Indonesian :D I hope I can get better in each game that I make!

Sleipnir56
Veteran
Completed: Under the Sycamore Tree,Timeless-D Gray Man VN(NanoRenO 2014)
Projects: Chocolate Kiss
Organization: SleiphericWings

#503 Post by Sleipnir56 »

This game looks so cool :shock:
But I can't play cause I have a Mac and when I try to download it says the file can't show because its not a windows
Is this game and your Fantasia series only for windows ?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#504 Post by azureXtwilight »

I believe Doppelganger is also available for mac, don't download the installer and download the .rar instead http://berix.us/files/Doppelganger.rar

Sleipnir56
Veteran
Completed: Under the Sycamore Tree,Timeless-D Gray Man VN(NanoRenO 2014)
Projects: Chocolate Kiss
Organization: SleiphericWings

#505 Post by Sleipnir56 »

Thanks. It worked :mrgreen: . Gonna go play now :)

powerbabe

#506 Post by powerbabe »

Is there a mac download?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#507 Post by azureXtwilight »

powerbabe wrote:Is there a mac download?
I believe Doppelganger is also available for mac, don't download the installer and download the .rar instead http://berix.us/files/Doppelganger.rar

plaster
Regular
Tumblr: plasterbrain
Soundcloud: plasterbrain

#508 Post by plaster »

[x3 Edit combo:] Now that I've finished the game in its entirety (though I have one cg/song still locked from some scene in the true path between lee/xiang? meh)... the story definitely grew on me. I will miss my Capital City friends dearly except for Raphael. Also I'm totes thrilled that
Marshall is the true ending guy, even though I'm pretty sure he gunned us all down in one of the Raphael endings what the hell man I thought we were a team

Also. Where did the music come from? I'm loving the bombastic little titles and some of the pieces are kind of awesome, namely the vocal one for the epilogue and Oriental Madness. omfg

VioletPurple

#509 Post by VioletPurple »

I just registered today to give some feedback about the game~
I just finish all endings 2 days ago. I must say this is my favorite English otome game so far! My favorite character is Neo, he just looks perfect with Lucia! I just recommended two friends to play it too!
I'm a native Chinese speeker and many of my friends are Chinese too, I want to have them play the game but most of them don't understand English :(
Me and my friend thought it might be good idea if we can translate this game into Chinese to get more people to play :D
We don't know if we can get your permission to do that or not? I just want more people come and enjoy this game :D

Azure_Flute
Regular

#510 Post by Azure_Flute »

omigod omigod lope it lope it
love it love it!!!!!!!
Do not disturb me