Yousei (Commercial, Murder Mystery, Supernatural)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Re: Yousei (Commercial, Murder Mystery, Supernatural)

#31 Post by sake-bento »

klonki wrote:Ahh, it's finally out! I've been waiting to play this game after that cliffhanger from the first demo. ;A;

I-I was wondering if I can claim this game as a prize from winning the previous fanart contest? I wasn't completely sure how the contest prizes work, so I thought I'd ask first... >_<;
In theory, the code you got should work. If not, just email me the code I sent and I'll adjust it for you.

KoalaThingy

#32 Post by KoalaThingy »

Can't wait to have the money to play this game ^^
Really enjoyed the first two games :D
Really great,
Have fun and be yourself :$
http://www.koala-thingy.blogspot.com

Sayu
Completed: None so far x) Sorry~!
Projects: Currently working on a thriller/romance VN. I've never written a full story before, so please wish me good luck:)

#33 Post by Sayu »

I love this game so much! sake-bento, did anyone ever tell you that you are an amazing writer? Because you are! Thank you so much for making these series, I'm buying multiple copies for all of my online friends just to support you! :D

I can't wait until the next game is out! ^^
I love writing because you can share such powerful feelings through a captivating, emotional storyline. After reading many stories like that, I wish to share these wonderful feelings with as many people as possible. Also because I really need an outlet for my creativity, hehe~!

Sayu
Completed: None so far x) Sorry~!
Projects: Currently working on a thriller/romance VN. I've never written a full story before, so please wish me good luck:)

#34 Post by Sayu »

Kirroha wrote:I haven't finished playing the game yet, but I just want to say this theory which has really been haunting me:

The girl who was Kangai's sister is Li Mei.
One of the endings establishes that
Limei's body is artificial, which may imply that she has died once - and it's been confirmed that Kangai's sister is "dead", or at least he thinks she is.
Besides, in this episode it was also confirmed that Kangai's sister was the one with the black hair, and Kangai simply dyed his hair back then to match hers. All Asian people have black hair. Limei is Chinese. This can also explain the inseparable brotherly connection that Kangai grows to have for Limei.
I don't see how you make that connection at all. Li Mei's hair is white because of
her overusing her kansei, not being able to ever shut it off must be hell, especially in China, where there's so many people. Also, just because her hand is artificial doesn't mean the rest of her body is. She clearly has emotions, when she's not in killer robot mood. Nothing suggests she died once.
Li Mei is chinese, yes, but Kangai's sister isn't. Their voices sound nothing like, and I see their relationship more like close friends than brother/sister, or possibly romantically attracted in her ending.
I love writing because you can share such powerful feelings through a captivating, emotional storyline. After reading many stories like that, I wish to share these wonderful feelings with as many people as possible. Also because I really need an outlet for my creativity, hehe~!

Dreamtigers

#35 Post by Dreamtigers »

This is my favorite installment so far. I was impressed by how sake-bento developed the characters and the series plot without straying from the mystery of the day.

Bits of conversation -- Nathan talking about finding a home, Chance about significant others, someone else about siblings -- give Kangai the opportunity to reflect without going into infodumps. It was nicely done.

I found Yousei to be the most emotionally involving of the series, particularly
the twins' devastation when they learn the truth about their mother, and the way the group comes together afterward. The melancholy beauty of Li Mei with the rabbit was also moving (particularly with Deji's lovely illustration).
Enjoyed the balance of comedy (Nathan and David's banter, the glasses), terror (oh, the belltower), and bittersweetness (
Li Mei's defense of Kangai before he dies
).

A minor quibble about the plot --
I was surprised when Kangai told Shawn that Nathan was guilty after seeing the photo of Nathan's bike. We'd established that other people borrowed Nathan's ID card all the time, so that the logins at the lab weren't necessarily Nathan's. Wouldn't it be just as likely that someone borrowed his bike, either innocently or to frame him? Wouldn't Nathan at least use this as an excuse?

That said, it didn't bother me very much.
I wish I had more intelligent feedback about Deji's art than oh-my-goodness-so-lovely-and-dramatic. But it is!

Oh, I can say that the angles, lighting, and positions of characters in the CGs seemed dramatic and well chosen. Some examples are Li Mei and the rabbit with Jupiter and Kangai in the background, and Chance looming over Kangai/the viewer.

You all obviously put a lot of thought and care into this series, and I'm excited to see how it turns out. I hope it involves breakdancing. (Not really.) (Okay, maybe a little. :D )

Tyrantauranox
Regular

#36 Post by Tyrantauranox »

Ooh, I bought this one at A-kon!

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#37 Post by sasquatchii »

I love this game, so much! I bought Jinsei & Kansei earlier this week and have been playing Yousei this weekend.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting past one part, though, and I think I might be stuck? I tried talking to everyone, and examining everything by clicking everywhere. I even restarted the game to see if it just might have been buggy and made completely different choices the second time around.

My problem:
After speaking with Aaron after he just wakes up, and then Nathan, I'm unable to move the game forward. I don't have any more dialogue options with anybody- and I'm just going in circles examining everything. I feel like I'm missing something really obvious.

I watched a youtuber's lets plays, up until the part where she got to where I was in the game. After speaking with Aaron, she goes straight to Jupiter, and is able to say "Didnt you want to check up on Aaron?"

However, when I go talk to Jupiter, I don't have this option. Any ideas?
ImageImage

raven.baskerville
Projects: H.I.DEPARTMENT, Seven Days, Black&White
Organization: Pulse studios
IRC Nick: Rav
Deviantart: ravenbaskerville

#38 Post by raven.baskerville »

Drowned in the art (*v*)
My friend got this game series for my Birthday- I'm probably gonna type all of my experiences in each topic for each game :D
But for Yousei-
I played all the endings, and -
Wow-
The creepy ending totally was creepy >_< With Chance's face and Nathan's bloody eyes- the art was so awesome it almost looked real -
The ending which Kangai dies, I suppose it is the Li Mei ending, and the saddest ending T^T . It almost made me cry :cry: - Congratulation Sakevisual-
You reached your goal to make the players cry T^T. I somehow felt bad for Nathan. Like, was he only trying to get some power, or was he trying to be accepted of some sort?
Also, is Li Mei an android or something? :?: We've seen wires, also her creepy reaction in her ending, in Kansei, or how her eyes darken, how she wanted to go talk to chance about Alexander's given name-
:?: :!:
The twin's ending... Well, uncovered a lot, a lot of the game's darkest secrets for us-
The folder was named Dragon Blood, right? So, we didn't get to see Kangai's name in the list, does that mean (According to chance's dialogues in Jisei and Yousei's true end) , there's a folder called "Tiger's Blood"?
I hope we see more of Jupiter in the other games so she can help us with Dr. Johanson's folders-
The true end also uncovered Chance and Shawn's reall identity, didn't it now? :D
I really enjoyed the game. I hope the fourth game is in developement. Also,
considering the flyer Chance dropped, the team's going to Japan, Yamazaki Ryokan? Since they're going from America to Japan, I hope there're some airport scenes. I don't know, I thought it'd be fun-
Thanks for the awesome storyline and characters :)