What kind of Fiction should You write? 5.0! [Quiz game ]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Re: What kind of Fiction should You write? 5.0! [Quiz game ]

#151 Post by Kokoro Hane »

This was rather fun and interesting, though some of the answers I wasn't sure was exactly close to how I would answer the question, so I took a stab at the closest possible answer for me XD

I'm not really shocked that I got Action-Adventure. A genre like that is kinda broad, and could go over spans of many things. Analyzing my favorite type of stories I enjoy writing (especially if it's in my made up fantasy/sci-fi realm) it sorta makes sense! I like action with adventure, it is quite comfortable writing. I'll probably still fiddle around with it to see if I'd get similar results or not XD

Very interesting experiment. It's amazing what Ren'Py can do if you consider all the possibilities. This is quite the powerful engine~
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

#152 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Kokoro Hane wrote:This was rather fun and interesting...
I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Kokoro Hane wrote:...though some of the answers I wasn't sure was exactly close to how I would answer the question, so I took a stab at the closest possible answer for me XD
That was the idea; to select the closest to your natural writing habits.
Kokoro Hane wrote:I'm not really shocked that I got Action-Adventure. A genre like that is kinda broad, and could go over spans of many things. Analyzing my favorite type of stories I enjoy writing (especially if it's in my made up fantasy/sci-fi realm) it sorta makes sense! I like action with adventure, it is quite comfortable writing.
Action-Adventure does cover a very wide field, however the focus of an Act-Adv is more on an individual Character and their troubles than say; a Mystery, which is Plot-focused, or pure Fantasy which focuses on Milieu; (also known as World-building.)
Kokoro Hane wrote:I'll probably still fiddle around with it to see if I'd get similar results or not XD
Just so you know, your answer will change with your mood!
Kokoro Hane wrote:Very interesting experiment. It's amazing what Ren'Py can do if you consider all the possibilities. This is quite the powerful engine~
Ren'Py is capable of way more --and is far more user-friendly-- than just about any other game engine out there, including those you pay for.
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#153 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Totally~ I play around with Ren'Py a lot and see what it can do, if you just have the mind to come up with it.

Ah, character focused. Makes sense, because my characters ARE the story. Basically, I like to explain the world they are in and the situations and history via the characters, more than explain it by themselves. Characters is story.

Anyway, this was really fun and I look forward to see what other results will come up as I play~ I also look forward to you experimenting more with Ren'Py's capability.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

janrrah18
Regular
Projects: My Sweet Revenge,(I can't think of a good title...><)
Organization: Valonia

#154 Post by janrrah18 »

hmmm..i want to try this too!!
*downloading* :)

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#155 Post by OokamiKasumi »

janrrah18 wrote:hmmm..i want to try this too!!
*downloading* :)
I look forward to seeing what you think. :)
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#156 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Ah, I see. I guess I don't really stick entirely to one thing too much, so it's fairly accurate. :lol:
OokamiKasumi wrote:Your stubbornness is Legendary.
I had no idea 8)
Thanks for your faith though. :mrgreen:
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#157 Post by OokamiKasumi »

redeyesblackpanda wrote:Ah, I see. I guess I don't really stick entirely to one thing too much, so it's fairly accurate. :lol:
Well, if there's a sudden shift in your writing style, you can always use the quiz to track the direction it's going in.
redeyesblackpanda wrote:
OokamiKasumi wrote:Your stubbornness is Legendary.
I had no idea 8)
Thanks for your faith though. :mrgreen:
Faith? I have Facts! I've seen your stubbornness in action. It's EPIC.

Chocolate Bubbles

#158 Post by Chocolate Bubbles »

I made this account to comment on this game :) If it's OK, could you clear something up? I got my score in Gothics (5), which is to my understanding, very detailed writing. But my description score is set at 6, but characterisation is at 9 and drama at 11. Would that have something to do with my highish romance score (3)? I got 1 in myst/suspense/action adv and 2 in fantasy and suspense. I know this might not be allowed but I would really like clarification.

Should I PM you or...?

janrrah18
Regular
Projects: My Sweet Revenge,(I can't think of a good title...><)
Organization: Valonia

#159 Post by janrrah18 »

i can't believe what i just got in the end i was really surprised.....the story/fiction i should write appeared and said "HORROR" (I'M NOT EVEN GOOD AT WATCHING HORROR MOVIES) :lol:
but anyways it's really fun playing it.. :mrgreen:

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#160 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Chocolate Bubbles wrote:I made this account to comment on this game :) If it's OK, could you clear something up? I got my score in Gothics (5), which is to my understanding, very detailed writing. But my description score is set at 6, but characterisation is at 9 and drama at 11. Would that have something to do with my highish romance score (3)? I got 1 in myst/suspense/action adv and 2 in fantasy and suspense. I know this might not be allowed but I would really like clarification.

Should I PM you or...?
Hi Bubbles,
-- Gothics, and Romances are detailed in Emotional Drama and Characterization, but not so much in Description of people, places, and things. In fact, true description tends to be somewhat on the vague side. However, both tend to be strong in descriptive writing; fancy wording.

I hope that gives you a clearer idea of your scoring.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
janrrah18 wrote:i can't believe what i just got in the end i was really surprised.....the story/fiction i should write appeared and said "HORROR" (I'M NOT EVEN GOOD AT WATCHING HORROR MOVIES) :lol:
but anyways it's really fun playing it.. :mrgreen:
A high score in Horror just means that you like to describe Objects and Emotions in close-up detail, so you'd be Good at writing horror, if you wanted to, not that it'd be the only thing you could write.

I'm glad you liked the Quiz!

KochiyaChii
Regular

#161 Post by KochiyaChii »

I'll try this!

Seems helpful
I L I K E P L A Y I N G O T O M E G A M E S
and other games
that's pretty much it

Ongoingwhy

#162 Post by Ongoingwhy »

I got 6 at literature! :shock:

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#163 Post by OokamiKasumi »

KochiyaChii wrote:I'll try this! Seems helpful
I hope you like it. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ongoingwhy wrote:I got 6 at literature! :shock:
LOL! You must be very new at writing. :)

Taffyhead

#164 Post by Taffyhead »

I took it a third time and got Literature, which I think could fit. I definitely do have some stories that I feel I should share :) But the first time, I got Historical and the second time, I got Fantasy. I am simply all over the place.

Also:
Drama: 5, Characterization: 6, Description: 6
Plotting: Respectable, Premise: Weak, World Building: Modest, Novelty: Very Strong
Male Lead: Strong, Female Lead: Strong, Villain: Strong

Hmm, Premise being so low is kind of harshing my mellow... Does Premise have something to do with the moral/message of the story? That would explain why it's so low, my stories tend to lack those. I usually write a story just for funsies, rather than because I have something important to say. Am I wrong?

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#165 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Taffyhead wrote:I took it a third time and got Literature, which I think could fit. I definitely do have some stories that I feel I should share :) But the first time, I got Historical and the second time, I got Fantasy. I am simply all over the place.
Interesting. Historical and Fantasy are both strong in description of Locations, but Historicals are generally strong in Characterization too.
Taffyhead wrote: Drama: 5, Characterization: 6, Description: 6
Plotting: Respectable, Premise: Weak, World Building: Modest, Novelty: Very Strong
Male Lead: Strong, Female Lead: Strong, Villain: Strong

Hmm, Premise being so low is kind of harshing my mellow... Does Premise have something to do with the moral/message of the story? That would explain why it's so low, my stories tend to lack those. I usually write a story just for funsies, rather than because I have something important to say. Am I wrong?
Correct. Premise is the message, or point the story is trying to make, such as; Betrayal of Trust, Revenge, or the Power of Friendship. There's nothing wrong with writing for the pure enjoyment of it. However, stories tend to hold together better if they are written to illustrate an idea, or prove to point.