Community Visual Novel [web app][multiplayer][tool]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

Community Visual Novel [web app][multiplayer][tool]

#1 Post by SusanTheCat »

Have you ever wanted to create a Visual Novel with a bunch of friends online? Well now you can!

Community Visual Novel
http://susanthecat.com/cvn/

This is a web application where you can create visual novels. After you create a scene, other members can add different choices and take the story in new directions. It is like a great visual novel jam. :)

A Story is set up by the administrator with a starting Scene. Members can add options for different Branches the story can take -- similar to a Choose Your Our Path style book. The member then writes a new Scene to continue the Story.

The images available to use are set up in a gallery for ease of use. http://susanthecat.com/gallery

The interface is currently very basic and is code based. (cuz I like programming in text!) Future versions could have a menu driven interface if enough people want one. I am using the JS-Vine Javascript engine to control the story. http://langintro.com/js-vine/

I am going to be writing more tutorials and create an intro video. I will also be adding new features as people request them. (There is even a convedient form to request new features!)

So come, Join, Add your Own Story!

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

MJDAlleria
Regular

Re: Community Visual Novel [web app][multiplayer][tool]

#2 Post by MJDAlleria »

This does appear to be interesting (smiles)
However, I'll be sitting at back and see how this goes later on.

Rinrinnya
Regular

#3 Post by Rinrinnya »

Wow, this is an awesome concept! I've always wanted this kind of thing to come to life. I hope it grows into something wonderful!
Haven't made any development blogs yet, so to keep this colorful, here's my Puricute account! <3333 (That I sadly can't update very often... T^T)

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#4 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Sounds pretty cool ^^
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.