The Dolls' Stories (REMOVED)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
scorlight
Regular

Re: The Dolls' Stories

#76 Post by scorlight »

When I see the screenshots, I thought "Hv to play this game, its so beautiful". I made the right decision!! This is such a fabulous game!!
The art is fantastic! Man, at 1st I'm so in love with Gilfred, my male doll is like a secondary student @@ But... who thought he could grow up THAT HANDSOME?! Its a little sad that I can only see his mature charm once =='
Well, the story is good too. The bond they share is so strong, I'm quite jealous of them :)
Good job!!! :D Looking forward for your future games
Artist for rent, see my art here: http://scorlight.deviantart.com/gallery/

shieru26

#77 Post by shieru26 »

thank u so much for making this V.N I really love the concept .. seriously ._. can u make a longer version that takes like 1-3 hours to finish ? i'm pretty sure that the story will be much more greater and better i really love ur work pls keep doing this wonderful job

Leafwing
Projects: (only plot bunnies for now)
Tumblr: letherealism

#78 Post by Leafwing »

I think the part where it really hit me the most was the scene near the ending,
where the protagonist is rustling through her things to find the broken vessel that was all that was left of mdoll. You could really sense her anxiety in the sound of things being turned over, knocked about, etc, etc...it made my heart ache. T___T
Of course, later all, when
mdoll miraculously comes back...ah...that lovely final CG and matching music...soo nice! I teared up, truly.
Some issues I had with the game:
~the whole typing in the exact phrase thing
(it was novel at first, but the prompts came up so often that it got annoying after a while. I started out with proper capitalization, grammar, and punctuation---but by the middle, I was just impatient for the story to move on and just typed the suggested reply words without anything else.)

~the "flow" of the event screens in comic-book mode is too "streamlined"
Usually when something like a CG screen [screens in your case] happens, I sit back and wait for the entire scene to play out before pressing any buttons. But the one time there was a longer pause between actions, I pressed enter and accidentally skipped the entire scene! So I had to reload an earlier save and skip to view the scene from the beginning again.
(I'm not talking about the regular dialogue parts, but the ones where your VN goes into "comic-book mode", with epic screen cuts and sound effects and awesome art.)
Hopefully future adaptations won't have such massive skips!

Thanks for making! I enjoyed reading this story---and I reloaded multiple times to make sure I read all the books in the library. (Love them!) The world you've created in this work is very intriguing---a familiar yet foreign vibe, kind of like the same feeling I got when reading Full Metal Alchemist for the first time.

The Doll-verse is nothing like FMA, of course, but still, it made me nostalgic. Great job! ^__^
By the way, I sometimes reread the mdoll endings on rainy days because it just makes me so, so happy. Like, fangirl-squee-level happy. I named him Aiden. :D

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#79 Post by Lesleigh63 »

This was a pleasure to play. I enjoyed it very much. The artwork was beautiful for the sprites and CG work, but I felt a few of the backgrounds needed more detail in the mid and foreground. Thanks for making this.

animelover116

#80 Post by animelover116 »

Great work first time i played a game where can i write my own answer.Nice work with story and art too.Good luck with next project :)

Sharane
Regular

#81 Post by Sharane »

So lovely game :)
First time I thought it was my fault that my doll started to crack - that may be I didn´t explain some of his questions properly. So I started to play again and well, then I finally understood :D I get the end for boy and for girl as well and I must say it completely dragged me into the story. I´m glad it was a happy ending after all :)
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

Dazed
Completed: Katawa Shoujo, The Dolls' Stories
Projects: Fish & Chicks

#82 Post by Dazed »

Downloading this game now. Can't wait! Looks awesome.
New to the forum. Good things to come!....erm, I hope.

kelseydelallave

#83 Post by kelseydelallave »

Good game, late here, played through the mDolls story line
really cute!

Near-05
Completed: Demon Add
Projects: Seven Deadly Sins (otome)

#84 Post by Near-05 »

First of all, I have to say that I loved your game. The art is beautiful and the characters all great. The story is sweet as well. >~<

I played the game a few months ago, but I didn't have an account here, so I'm dropping a review now. :)

As said, I loved the art! (I only played the route of the Male Doll, though.) He is so cute. >3<

(Now I hope the spoiler box works, if not, please stop reading if you don't like spoilers!)
In the beginning I thought it would be a simple story. You get a doll and can do what you want with it. But the story was adorable!
Anyway. I loved how you could type in the answers yourself. I even thought you could write something else and he'd react. An example:
The male doll asked what a wife was and I answered (with the keywords), then added something like, "You know, something you'll be to me in the future." Later he then said he wouldn't mind being my wife and I was like, "Whaaa--?! *laughs hard* It worked?!?" I then tried typing something else again, but unfortunately he didn't react to it. XD It was hilarious, but I think it'd would have been even better if you actually could lie to him and stuff. I bet the coding must've been killing you, still. Maybe worth considering? Superb job, nonetheless!
To the comics, I must say . . . AMAZING! o_o Very creative and badass! The only thing I didn't like about it was that it had just a few secs and then moved on. I like to take my time and absorb. Is that something you can change (as the player)? Even with the bubbles, they moved too quick for my liking, and I wasn't even done reading sometimes. So later on, I skimmed it, more or less. (I am terrible under pressure.)

Otherwise, I LOVED your game. I actually thought he was dead at the end, like most, I think. XD It was so sad! You cruel person. But I didn't cry. I'm a tough potato. In any case, the actual ending is beautiful ;~; and mesmerising like the art and the sweet little story.

ChoiYoona

#85 Post by ChoiYoona »

I loved the Mdolls route i just played it and wow.. I have tears running down my face the ending it was beautiful~
The Art was better then i thought it would be and i enjoyed it.
The music really pretty but half way through the beginning I turned it "all" the way down it was loud > _< But enjoyable.

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

#86 Post by Chasing Summer »

I played mdoll’s route and finished it yesterday. I found his personality and the premise of the game very interesting. I didn’t have a problem with the typing since the game was so short, but if the game had been longer, it would definitely have bothered me. I will replay the game to go through fdoll’s route either today or tomorrow.

P.S, I think I’ve fallen in love with Gil. He’s so aflsjdkdnjsjkfsnh. ; u ;
new account: sonnenblumen

ppppantsu
Veteran
Completed: Haruman, DMMd Fan VN, Fetish 1.0, Fetish: ESC, Colors~AU~, Fetish: Wanted, Incolore
itch: soraille

#87 Post by ppppantsu »

I JUST PLAYED THIS OMG.

I just can't believe this game's for free.
I was seriously into this!

I feel so envious with the glorious GUI and everything.
really, really, really polished!!! <3 <3 <3

ugh, I played Mdoll's route and oh boy I wanna marry him---- //slapped

Chu~
Projects: Chou Academy

#88 Post by Chu~ »

*gross sobbing*
This is so beautiful! T_T

Esphirisa
Regular

#89 Post by Esphirisa »

Hello! Just played this and I have to say I LOVED it!! mdoll is so adorable~ their loyalty and how fast they warm up to you is quite scary though. I'm glad they had different personalities... for a moment I thought they would have the same dialogue, just different sprites.

Would definitely like to see a sequel to explain the cracks and the sudden growth. I agree that this story will flourish better if it's longer, and perhaps more could be explained about the dolls and the world they live in.

The art is superb!!! Loved like, every bit of it, even the bg. The only downside is the typing system (which is also the upside XD), but there has already been comments on that so yeah. Anyway, good job for your first KN, it's amazingly well done^^

Lyyli
Regular

#90 Post by Lyyli »

Downloaded it today and just finished the mdoll route. Oh my gosh he is one of the most adorable characters ever! Soooo cute and I just want to hug him!! I named him Henri. ... I want mdoll as my husbando ;3
His story were so sweet and sad, made me cry and feel so emotional ;__; <3 Great job! Everything from the setting, art, music and comic style events made the game awesome.
I truly wouldn't mind a beefier remake or a sequel to this game because I love what you've created.
Meep.