a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Dramedy][NaNo 2013] - new music downloads!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Tatty
Regular
Projects: Buyan

Re: a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Dramedy][NaNo 2013] + Android, iTunes

#181 Post by Tatty »

Grandioso! There are so many things I felt I could relate to - but I've always felt it's week to comment solely for a novel and say 'ah, this felt similar to my experiences' when the care going into writing believable and interesting characters is so present and so worthy of praise. I love it when the primary focus of a story is limited in scope - perhaps two people. There were so many good interactions between Sona and Hao, and the scenes where Hao is pranked was so heartbreakingly real, and then the later scene where they swap languages... just fantastic.

Ina

#182 Post by Ina »

N/A
Last edited by Ina on Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Distivia
Tumblr: Distivia
Deviantart: Distivia
Soundcloud: Distivia

#183 Post by Distivia »

Hey! I'm doing a let's play of this game, if anyone's interested! Part One was just uploaded today!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URs4TIM ... e=youtu.be

MoonlitWind

#184 Post by MoonlitWind »

This story nearly made me cry at one point. Barvo. I didn't know what to expect when I went into it but I didn't stop until it was 100% completed. No I have class in an hour in twenty minutes and I don't think I'll be able to finish my homework in time. Hurrah! But it's worth it. XD Loved the VN. Very deep and hilarious at the same time with real characters. Even though the people in the orchestra didn't get names I still felt like they were real characters.

memeleaker

#185 Post by memeleaker »

I can't believe there haven't been more comments posted for this game! Not to mention, recent ones. I finished this a while ago and I have to say that while relatively short for an otome game (I probably just play lengthy ones, heh), it definitely packed in a lot - of both drama and comedy. I found myself tearing up a few times while bursting in laughter the next. Not only was the art professional and clean (still lol-ing @some of the chibis) but the writing - the writing was probably the component that hooked me in the most. The characters felt all too real for me and I found myself becoming so disappointed when it was all over.
I MEAN, yes, I'm disappointed there wasn't a kiss scene or confession but that just made their relationship all the more realistic. I've seen otome games with less length and suddenly, the characters claim to have fallen in love because of the simplest symptoms like having a racing heart, feeling nervous around the love interest all of a sudden, etc... while it's not inherently bad, the characters instantly claim to have fallen in love and it's like: bitch, please, you've known them for less than three days... and I find myself rolling my eyes over it all.
AND THE OST. AHH. I'm such a fan over it. <3
Especially love the song sung during the rain scene, low-key made me cry.
Overall, a job well done and I'm looking forward to more games! I would definitely pay for it. (Right now, I kind of don't have the money because I'm still a student and don't have a job but, y' know, hypothetically...)

:D

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#186 Post by Arowana »

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry for my delayed replies to this thread! I thought I had already saw and replied to all the posts, but I must've missed the last page. D: I know I'm awfully late, but I really want to thank everyone who took the time to play and comment on our game! It really means a lot to hear from you, and even though this game is four years old, I still feel just as happy to see a comment now as when it first came out. I'll put my replies to the previous posts below - I hope you guys are still around!

The reason I originally returned to this thread is because we just re-released a2 ~a due~ on itch.io. You can find it at the link below.

Go to itch.io page

The game downloads are the same as before (sorry, no remastered version yet), but we've now added a brand-new music album for the theme song "We Are Legend". I remember some people asking about where to get the music before, so here's your chance to download it if you're still interested! The music album contains mp3s for four different versions of the theme song - the vocal version by Gerald Ko, the piano and orchestral versions used in the game, and a bonus guitar version as well.

Here's the cover art for the album featuring Gerald. :D

Both the game and music are pay-what-you-want, so you can download everything for free or donate to us if you wish. Thanks for everyone's support over the past few years, and we hope you enjoy the new downloads!

@ Tatty
I'm more than two years late in replying, but thanks so much! A lot of the experiences and feelings I wrote about were close to my own, so I'm glad you were also able to relate to them. I'm also glad you didn't mind the limited scope of the game! We wanted to keep things manageable for the one-month deadline, so it definitely felt better to explore one relationship in depth than to tackle more in less detail.

@ Ina
You've probably already found it by now, but we actually do have a walkthrough on the forms here. I hope you were able to reach 100% completion! If you were at 90%, I think might have just been missing the bonus chapter, which can be accessed through the Extras menu.

@ Distivia
Oh, I think actually did see your Let's Play before (sorry again for being so late to respond here)! Thanks so much for covering the entire game! You were super fun to watch, and it was really great to hear your responses to each scene. I've added your videos to the a2 playlist on our YouTube Channel, if you don't mind.

@ MoonlitWind
Aw, I hope you didn't get in trouble for your homework. ;) Nellie's goal was to make people cry, so I'm glad we were almost able to succeed there! I've actually heard some players say that the people in the orchestra were their favorite characters, haha. For the remastered version (which I still want to do after we finish our current game), I really want to give the orchestra proper sprites, haha.

@ memeleaker
I remember talking to you over PM! Thanks so much for posting here, too. :D I'm also not too crazy about stories where the main characters fall in love right off the bat; I always think they should become friends first and then gradually work their way up to it. Pirate Mermaid might be kind of guilty of this though, since everything takes place over six days...at least they always become friends first, haha.

And I'm really glad you liked the music - the "We Are Legend" song (the one during the rain scene) was personally my favorite part!
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

ScottyHieu504

Re: a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Dramedy][NaNo 2013] - new music downloads!

#187 Post by ScottyHieu504 »

I was looking through my iPhone and I realized I could no longer find the a2 app. I thought I may have accidentally deleted it, so I tried redownloading it from the App store and I for the life of me could not find it. Is this app no longer available on the iPhone? For a while I seriously felt gaslighted, haha.

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

Re: a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Dramedy][NaNo 2013] - new music downloads!

#188 Post by Arowana »

ScottyHieu504 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:00 pm I was looking through my iPhone and I realized I could no longer find the a2 app. I thought I may have accidentally deleted it, so I tried redownloading it from the App store and I for the life of me could not find it. Is this app no longer available on the iPhone? For a while I seriously felt gaslighted, haha.
Oh no, so sorry about that! Unfortunately, a2 is no longer available on iTunes because our friend who was hosting it can't afford the App store fees anymore. If we're able to reopen the account in the future though, we'll definitely post a2 again. Thanks for your interest in our game. :)
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)