a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Dramedy][NaNo 2013] - new music downloads!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
bunartist

Re: a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Dramedy][NaNo 2013] - Android 5/11

#106 Post by bunartist »

This is such an awesome concept (I had to play it as soon as I read the summary) and really well executed to boot. I thought it was an amazing job for a 1 month work. Sona and Hao are so funny and cute in their interactions. I love how much they were able to connect despite the language barrier.

I don't know what it is with classical music, but it just seems to be such a great backdrop for a story in modern setting! (Nodame Cantabile, Beethoven Virus...)

Also, if I may ask, what kind of things are you guys planning for the remastered version?

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#107 Post by Kokoro Hane »

I'm going to play this!
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

jeremy_seekings

#108 Post by jeremy_seekings »

I want to let you know that I enjoyed your novel very much and cannot wait for the final completed version to the game. Call me a softie if you want but I really hope you have them end up together instead of a...you guess what happens ending. The story is captivating and you pulled me in even with the language barrier and opposites attract theme. In the final product I hope it doesnt end the way you have it now, and here is hoping that you have other successes in the visual novel business.

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#109 Post by Arowana »

@ FailedSanity
Oh hmm, that's very interesting. Would you be interested in testing our new version before we release it, to see if it still has the same problem?

@ sakura_candy
Thanks a bunch for the feedback on the Chinese translation! Hao is supposed to speak very formally, but that's not good if he sounds strange to native speakers. You are right on both accounts - the translation was done from English to Chinese and our translators were Singaporean/Malaysian Chinese - so that may very well be the issue! In that light, it would be great if we could recruit some new Chinese proofreaders for the remake - let us know if you are interested in helping out! :D
Hahaha, thanks! We wanted to make every ending worth getting, and boring/aborted bad ends are no fun. ;p
@ bunartist
Thanks so much! We spent so much time trying to figure out the concept at the beginning, so I'm glad it caught your eye! I adore Nodame Cantabile, so I have to agree - classical music stories are awesome. <3

For the remastered version, we want to fix mistakes in the sprites and CGs, replace the backgrounds, and add in sprites for the minor characters (and possibly make some new "cut in" graphics as well). On the writing side, we want to improve the branching structure and add two new chapters/side stories (one of which will be an extended version of the bonus chapter).

Let us know if you have any other suggestions! :D Nellie and I are focusing on our main project (Pirate Mermaid) at the moment, so we're open to ideas for a2 in the meantime.

@ Kokoro Hane
Yay, let us know what you think when you finish!

@ jeremy_seekings
Thanks for the well wishes, and I'm really glad you enjoyed our story! We were thinking about having a longer bonus chapter, but ultimately didn't have enough time left to do it. However, one of our plans for the remake is an extended version of the bonus chapter, so that should provide a more conclusive ending than it does now. :)
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

FailedSanity
Regular

#110 Post by FailedSanity »

@Arowana:
Sure, anything to help. Hopefully it's just something weird that'll iron itself out.
artist otome game fan art tumblr

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Dramedy][NaNo 2013] - Updated w/ German

#111 Post by Arowana »

Dropping by to say we've replaced the download links in the first post with updated files. The new version contains a German translation by the amazing Marcel Weyers, as well as improved audio quality and some other small fixes. :D

@ FailedSanity
Awesome! I sent you a PM. xD

sakura_candy

Re: a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Dramedy][NaNo 2013] - Update w/ German

#112 Post by sakura_candy »

@Arowana:
You are damn right about bad ends! I actually like collecting them (habit from playing FSN with its lovable Tiger Dojo), and it's always a pleasure to see something other than "I don't know what happened but I just died" or "We drifted apart and never saw each other again" as a bad end.

So you actually want a remake? I'm not that good at writing Chinese that sounds formal, but Hao's lines aren't that long, I'd help if I'm not busy (which I am, for these few weeks anyway)

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran

#113 Post by Arowana »

@ sakura_candy
Agreed! Amusing bad ends are often some of my favorites. 'Failure' can be so entertaining. xD

And thanks for offering to help edit the Chinese! The a2 remake probably won't be for a while since we're focusing on our other games first, so there's no rush at all. Let us know if you're still interested when you have more free time. :D

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#114 Post by CheeryMoya »

I downloaded this once you guys put it up on the Google Play Store since I couldn't keep waiting for the Remastered version D: It's been a while since I finished it, here's what I remember:
  • 2 bugs where the textbox would extend and cover up some of the name (1 | 2) and 1 typo
  • Choices didn't affect the narration/dialogue that much, so it felt like I wasn't affecting the story at all
  • Hao's the only sprite on the screen so having him from the knees-up feels so distant, you could afford to have him as a waist-up. If you plan to add more sprites in Remasted, then this might not be so much of a problem.
  • Nice ATL o:
  • The quality of the CGs compared to the sprites kinda killed the mood for me during the serious scenes :c
  • Ow my feels.
    It hurts so much because Hao always kinda liked Sona from the start but she was being so rude aaahh
  • HE ALWAYS CARED FOR HER NO MATTER HOW MUCH OF A PUNK SHE WAS BEING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
  • HARD WORK NEVER PAYS OFF HAO JUST STOP IT'S NOT WORTH IT
  • Sona's so punk rock what a gal
  • IT'S OKAY SONA THIS HAPPENS A LOT TO ASIAN AMERICAN FAMILIES YOU'RE NOT ALONE
  • Wait what happened to Sona's mom she literally didn't exist
(´・ω・`)

Overall I'm really glad you guys brought this to Android, it's about time there were some good free otomes there.

Maegalkarven
Regular

#115 Post by Maegalkarven »

Wow-wow-wow! Amasing game! I played only 1 time, but i have, i think, the best end, so i don't want to see friendship end and the other one^^" I'm arfaid of unknown end xD
Sona and Hao are so sweet! Wonderfull couple)))Thanks for such amasing vn)

leevs

#116 Post by leevs »

An unusual plot of story, but that's what makes this game interesting.
So I got the friendship ending, gotta try to unlock all :D
My favorite part : All those Chinese dialogues Hao says make he looks like some kind of alien since nobody understands xD

llplldll
Regular
Completed: Memento Dears

#117 Post by llplldll »

I really liked it. I also got the friendship ending, was hoping for romance ^^;
I'll go back in and try for all three though, would really like to know what Hao is saying.

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran

#118 Post by Arowana »

@ CheeryMoya
Aw, thanks a bunch for trying the Android version! (And for catching those typos - we'll be uploading a corrected version shortly. xD) We're planning to refine the CGs and branching structure for the remastered version, so hopefully we'll be able to address the issues you had. Feel free to let us know if there were any scenes in particular you definitely thought should be fixed! ;)

Great idea about having multiple sprite sizes for Hao; we actually hadn't considered that yet. I think it'll be a good addition for the new version even if we do add more character sprites, given that there are a lot of one-on-one scenes.
Hahaha, Hao is a bit of masochist it seems? ;p Sona mentions her mother died when she was young (during the rain scene), but it's a very brief "blink and you'll miss it" moment. We admittedly hadn't developed it much beyond that. ^^;
@ Maegalkarven
Thanks so much! I think the other two endings are pretty fun (friendship end is actually my favorite, and I think Nellie likes ??? best), so I hope you try them, too! xD

@ leevs
Thanks, and good luck getting all the endings! Hahaha, poor alien Hao. We actually were thinking about doing a alien story for this at one point, so that's quite fitting. :D

@ llplldll
I'm very glad you enjoyed it! Good luck getting all the endings/translation mode as well. xD

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Re: a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Dramedy][NaNo 2013] + Android, German

#119 Post by Kokoro Hane »

So....I installed this, but it wouldn't even advance past the first text block! It starts....I click, and it repeats.... Is this some kind of error?
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Dramedy][NaNo 2013] + Android, German

#120 Post by Arowana »

Kokoro Hane wrote:So....I installed this, but it wouldn't even advance past the first text block! It starts....I click, and it repeats.... Is this some kind of error?
Yeah, that shouldn't be happening! Does the text advance if you hit the Enter key, or are you still stuck?

May I also ask which version are you playing (Windows, Mac, etc.) and if you have downloaded the newest version from the first post? (I know in the old version, there was a bug that kept you from advancing in fullscreen mode, but it should be fixed in the new version)