Elven Relations - v1.1 released!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#106 Post by Enerccio »

chronoluminaire wrote:do you want any specific kind of tip
If you would be so kind ^^
Last edited by Enerccio on Fri May 25, 2007 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#107 Post by Sailor Kitty »

A specific tip, please. on who to talk to to unlock the best ending.
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

Sethaniel
Regular

#108 Post by Sethaniel »

I *still* can't get anything but the bad ending and Asilana's good ending.

teankun
Regular

#109 Post by teankun »

By request, this has been edited
Enerccio wrote:
chronoluminaire wrote:do you want any specific kind of tip
If you would be so kind ^^
Sailor Kitty wrote:A specific tip, please. on who to talk to to unlock the best ending.
The best ending keeps people together, so talk to the others about it.

On of them should also help you get across to the spot to see the sunrise
Last edited by teankun on Thu May 31, 2007 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for single, adult, Asian, female Latter-Day Saint

Anime convention videos at Youtube channel

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran

#110 Post by Enerccio »

Ah. Thanks. Now I see why it was that choice.
Thanks ^^ I got it now ^^

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#111 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Aaaand....

Asilanas best ending? any hints?

I can't seem to get it.
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran

#112 Post by Enerccio »

Sailor Kitty wrote:Aaaand....

I can't seem to get it.
hmm i got one ending, but I don't know if it is good
but they were together married (with Cellar's permission)

Only thing I do was to prefer her instead of other girls though

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#113 Post by monele »

Aaah, I finally managed to get hyped up again for Elven Relations ^^;... I liked what I played the first time but stopping halfway through it and waiting for the 1.1 version was probably a bad idea XD... Anyway... I got the bad ending, sniff :(... I really thought I was on to something too ^^;...
I was getting quite close to Tohko but I suppose either helping Asilana out at the end or letting Tohko get knocked out when fighting the bandits was the bad point?... I'm still not sure...
I'll have to retry it soon ^.^. Should be easier now that I can skip :)

EDIT : Oh, btw, very interesting combat system ^__^... It's very easy to deal with, yet quite deep with the added defend/heal option :)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#114 Post by musical74 »

YES!!!! I got ending #1! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO

All that's left is to get ending #3 (ending 8 is the bad ending)....

Really have to hand it to you, chronoluminare....each ending is well done and well thought out. I REALLY liked Tohko's best end and Yurika's best ending - and you're right, it does seem obvious WHEN YOU GET IT but not before...and I liked the *sunrise chat* a lot too. Even the *lesser good endings* are thought out and well done....and IF you have a favorite of the 3 women, I can't tell....very well done =).
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#115 Post by monele »

Aaah, ending 7 ^__^ (just thought I'd go for someone else to get new stuff). This was so sweeeeet :D...
I'm glad you didn't make the military one into a tomboy, yes yes! :D... (though Tohko is really cute but she's not overly tomboyish either).
So uh... sequel? XD... I know I haven't much of the game yet but I really love the context, characters and overall mood. Seems like there's a lot more lurking behind all this ^_^.
Oh btw, the naze nani says that the game will know what we ended with... Soooo, using persistent or multigame saves already?

I wonder if it was just sheer luck but Yurika blushed at the end of the naze nani...... XD... kya!
EDIT : oh, yes, I wanted to point out something that has bothered me since 1.0...
Why doesn't the music change when the first beasts appear??... It's like "omg, beasts!" *music keeps playing happily*... Kinda spoils the mood ^^;...
EDIT 2 : Whoopie~... Ending 5 ^__^... I could *so* imagine the final scene and the CG was very cute ^__^...

EDIT 3 : Eeee~... ending 6 ^____^...
Kissuuu~ XD... I so hoped there would be such a CG at some point XD... Elven Relations definitely needed one. It definitely fits the whole mood ^_^.
But now I'm stumped : Asilana tells me there *is* a better ending that this???... oh dear gods, how when how when??!... Let's see... I got endings 5 6 7 8. So I'll assume I never got any "best" ending? (and I haven't looked at spoilers yet to know what the 1st one is but I suppose it's a very special ending ^^;... Aaah, I'll have to try for this later ^^.

Random glee : I like how you made the dinner scene with the "scrolling" of people once the choice is done ^_^.

EDIT 4 : Best, best, best! Yaahaaa! XD... It was rather easy except for one or two choices (mostly with Asilana actually o_O).

Now onto ending 1??... I don't even know where to begin o_o... *thinks he'll try and read some of the spoilies*

Let me just restate how great this game is ^_^. It's so fresh, cute and happeh :D... I love it ^__^

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#116 Post by chronoluminaire »

Sethaniel wrote:I *still* can't get anything but the bad ending and Asilana's good ending.
Hmm. Okay, here are some things to look out for:
* Are you focusing on one girl for the entire playthrough?
* Are you talking to her every chance you get?
* Are you defending/healing her in combat?
If those are true, then it'll be some of the more subtle conversational choices. Things to watch out for:
* How does the girl react to your choice?
* Are you talking about the kind of things she's interested in?
* And maybe try saving the game at some choices, and then trying the different options in turn, to see how things turn out.
Enerccio wrote:
Sailor Kitty wrote:Aaaand....

I can't seem to get it.
hmm i got one ending, but I don't know if it is good
but they were together married (with Cellar's permission)

Only thing I do was to prefer her instead of other girls though
That's ending 3, Asilana's best ending :)
monele wrote:Aaah, I finally managed to get hyped up again for Elven Relations ^^;... I liked what I played the first time but stopping halfway through it and waiting for the 1.1 version was probably a bad idea XD... Anyway... I got the bad ending, sniff :(... I really thought I was on to something too ^^;...
I was getting quite close to Tohko but I suppose either helping Asilana out at the end or letting Tohko get knocked out when fighting the bandits was the bad point?... I'm still not sure...
I think both Yurika and Tohko might be quite hard to get the good ending with on your first try. There's a few different things to watch out for.
Letting her get knocked out won't affect anything, but giving her a potion will.
I'll have to retry it soon ^.^. Should be easier now that I can skip :)

EDIT : Oh, btw, very interesting combat system ^__^... It's very easy to deal with, yet quite deep with the added defend/heal option :)
Thank you! That's just what I was aiming for :)
musical74 wrote:YES!!!! I got ending #1! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO
Awesome, congrats! :) You've been added to the list in this post :)
Really have to hand it to you, chronoluminare....each ending is well done and well thought out. I REALLY liked Tohko's best end and Yurika's best ending - and you're right, it does seem obvious WHEN YOU GET IT but not before...and I liked the *sunrise chat* a lot too. Even the *lesser good endings* are thought out and well done....and IF you have a favorite of the 3 women, I can't tell....very well done =).
Thank you very much! :oops: :)
monele wrote:Aaah, ending 7 ^__^ (just thought I'd go for someone else to get new stuff). This was so sweeeeet :D...
I'm glad you didn't make the military one into a tomboy, yes yes! :D... (though Tohko is really cute but she's not overly tomboyish either).
So uh... sequel? XD... I know I haven't much of the game yet but I really love the context, characters and overall mood. Seems like there's a lot more lurking behind all this ^_^.
Oh btw, the naze nani says that the game will know what we ended with... Soooo, using persistent or multigame saves already?

I wonder if it was just sheer luck but Yurika blushed at the end of the naze nani...... XD... kya!
Glad you liked it!
Nope, that was no coincidence ;)
And yes, v1.1 and onwards have been using multipersistent saves so that any possible sequel will know which endings you've seen :)
EDIT : oh, yes, I wanted to point out something that has bothered me since 1.0...
Why doesn't the music change when the first beasts appear??... It's like "omg, beasts!" *music keeps playing happily*... Kinda spoils the mood ^^;...
Hmm, interesting. If you're using the combat minigame, it'll change music in that. But yes, I suppose you're right, even in the narrated mode the music should change. Although I don't think of the village/road music as exactly "happy".
EDIT 2 : Whoopie~... Ending 5 ^__^... I could *so* imagine the final scene and the CG was very cute ^__^...
Yay, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. But as for the final scene...
If you find Tohko's best ending, you get to see it :D
EDIT 3 : Eeee~... ending 6 ^____^...
Kissuuu~ XD... I so hoped there would be such a CG at some point XD... Elven Relations definitely needed one. It definitely fits the whole mood ^_^.
Yay! I did definitely want one such scene somewhere in the game too. Glad you liked it :)
But now I'm stumped : Asilana tells me there *is* a better ending that this???... oh dear gods, how when how when??!... Let's see... I got endings 5 6 7 8. So I'll assume I never got any "best" ending? (and I haven't looked at spoilers yet to know what the 1st one is but I suppose it's a very special ending ^^;... Aaah, I'll have to try for this later ^^.
Heehee. That's precisely right. The 8 endings are numbered from best to worst (vaguely), so the 4 best still await!
Random glee : I like how you made the dinner scene with the "scrolling" of people once the choice is done ^_^.
Yay, I'm glad you noticed that! I enjoyed writing that a lot. Elven Relations doesn't have many special effects, but it was fun to be able to use them on occasion :)
EDIT 4 : Best, best, best! Yaahaaa! XD... It was rather easy except for one or two choices (mostly with Asilana actually o_O).
Wow, congrats! o.o
Now onto ending 1??... I don't even know where to begin o_o... *thinks he'll try and read some of the spoilies*

Let me just restate how great this game is ^_^. It's so fresh, cute and happeh :D... I love it ^__^
Enjoy! :)
Last edited by chronoluminaire on Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

Sethaniel
Regular

#117 Post by Sethaniel »

All right! Finally got Tohko's good and best endings!

(PS- is that Celestial Aeon Project I hear?)

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#118 Post by monele »

Sethaniel : check the credits at the end... but I'm pretty sure a few tracks come from there, yes ^.^

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#119 Post by chronoluminaire »

Yep, the main Elven Relations webpage has a link to Celestial Aeon Project's Jamendo page, as they provided more than half the music in the game. I also used tracks from Kangaroo MusiQue, Dream ED, and Olga Scotland, as well as the song written by my wife, but Celestial Aeon Project's stuff is just awesome for fantasy games. :D
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#120 Post by monele »

Yyyeeeeeyyyy :D.... #1 getto~! But with all the help I could get from here, really ^^;;;;... *not very proud*... But still, yay! :D... Lovely ending ^___^. Waaah, now I've finished ER ;o;... *sniffles*...

Maaah, what a great time it was ^__^... I'll be waiting for your next game :).... Thank you chronoluminaire!