Elven Relations - v1.1 released!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

Re: Elven Relations - v1.1 released!

#196 Post by chronoluminaire »

Axl12: You have a PM. I provided tips and a pretty explicit solution. The tips are more or less just an accumulation of the hints that have already been mentioned in the thread, but I'll post them here under a spoiler block:
* As you'll have seen on the forum, the problem is that you're either going to be separated (Ending 4) or force Yurika to give up her dream (Ending 7). You need to find a way that you can be with her without giving that up.
* There's one character who knows something that can help you achieve that. However, it's in a conversation option you wouldn't normally hear on Yurika's route.
* Unlike all the other endings in the game, this one has a dual trigger. In order for it to be possible, you need to both 1) get on well enough with Yurika to get close to her, and 2) also be present to hear about the potential solution to your problems.
* The scene you're looking for is in the Elven city.
I won't post the explicit solution here, but if there's anyone else who's fed up with tips and just wants a solution, if you ask me nicely in a PM like Axl12 did, I'll probably be understanding.
Andreas wrote:Great game. I thought the dialogue was especially well done, and enjoyed how the mixing of the drawings and real life photos. :)
Thank you! Also, heh, it's interesting that you enjoyed that mix: some people really didn't, thinking the mixture of styles breaks immersion, and I'd be inclined to agree. Still, I'm glad you like it :)
Andreas wrote:I got the Yurika good ending first, and it was easy enough to figure out how to get her other ending. She was by far my favorite character so I spent quite some time trying to think of how to get Ending 1 and
I'm pretty certain I know where the important choice is made, at least it seemed to be right right one after I made it. I made all other choices as I did my first run through but ended up getting the bad "ends up with noone" ending, despite the main character and Yukira having that post bandit talk about how she's going to be transferred.

Assuming I'm right about the decision that enables the ending, are there any seemingly neutral choices I may have made that spoiled things?
Hmm, I'm a little surprised that you could have that post-bandit conversation and still get Ending 8; it's a while since I looked at the precise conditions in the code, but you must have been exceedingly close.

As I mentioned in my spoiler-block above:
* Unlike all the other endings in the game, this one has a dual trigger. In order for it to be possible, you need to both 1) get on well enough with Yurika to get close to her, and 2) also be present to hear about the potential solution to your problems.
And of course this is harder, because you're spending one valuable conversation talking to someone else rather than Yurika; so you'll need to spend a bit more time at other times in the journey getting close to her.
It's still perfectly possible to get any of the 8 endings playing with combats turned off, although if you play with the minigame you have the theoretical potential to get slightly more points than in narration mode. It should only be really likely to make a difference going for Tohko's or Asilana's best endings, though, and even they are perfectly reachable in narration mode.

But I have been told that the best option in combat may not be what people initially thought most likely to please Yurika in particular. So if you're getting nowhere, try varying what you do in the combat narration and see if that changes things.
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#197 Post by Samu-kun »

I have a confession to make. I have played this game for nearly and year and I have failed to get anything but the bad end on every single play through. *sigh* And so I declare Elven Relations the most bitterly realistic portrayal of real life romances ever made. Tohko seriously rejects me every single time, no matter what I do!

I might surrender and go for Asilana, since she seems far less likely to reject me. But alas, that would be surrendering for the easy path instead of keeping my loyalty to the childhood friend!

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#198 Post by monele »

Just in case, I'll spoiler it, but it's just a vague suggestion (especially since I don't remember the exact choices needed anymore) :
Try to make sure she ends up in the spotlight? :) and that you trust her I suppose.

Ramidel
Regular

#199 Post by Ramidel »

She's a tsundere, how do you think you get in a relationship with the tsundere?

Asuka

#200 Post by Asuka »

Ramidel wrote:She's a tsundere, how do you think you get in a relationship with the tsundere?
What are you talking about... lol
Well... it is really hard to get into a relationship with Yurika. Can someone help me? =^_^=Thank you in advance. I keep getting Ending 8 (the one where he doesn't have any relationship) I have heard there's a scene that I have to get... but how do I get it? Also, it's the order that you talk to people in... there's so many choices.

Ramidel
Regular

#201 Post by Ramidel »

Okay. If you're getting Ending 8, then you need to focus on one girl. There's no harem ending in Elven Relations.

Remember to always defend the girl you want to get, whenever you get the chance, and remember their personality.

Yurika likes you to act maturely and work as a team with everyone, though talk with her whenever you get the chance. Oh, and don't be shy about asking Tohko for help with the river, Yurika approves of you doing that.

As for Yurika, what you want to do for her best ending is...
During the feast, talk to Tohko and Kei.

hikari-chan

#202 Post by hikari-chan »

I finally beat it!! ^^ Yes!

SimeonDY

#203 Post by SimeonDY »

I have just finished Elven relations.
At first I thought that it will be just a nice way to kill some free time in the afternoon. But I was wrong. I just wasn't able to stop after Asilana's good ending. And it was a good idea because her best ending really finishes her route. She is my favorite character. But Tohko's route was awesome too. And it was quite difficult to get Yurika's best ending. It took me about 2 hours to find all the choices I had to make. But it was worth it.
I'll surely check your other projects and I'm waiting for Elven Relations 2.
I am extremely grateful to you for creating this game.

V2Blast
Regular

#204 Post by V2Blast »

I played through this game at some point, but I dunno which version I played, and I dunno if any substantial changes have been made since then that would warrant redownloading...

Ah, wait. I believe I downloaded from the Ren'Ai Archive, so it'd be whatever version was uploaded to that (unless the archive gets updated? - does it?). Anyone know the answer to my questions? :mrgreen:

In any case, an excellent game. :)
Pie is delicious.

HeavensInnocence

#205 Post by HeavensInnocence »

i got ending #1

FINALLY

now all i need is tohko's best ending and im done wowhow
ImageImage

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#206 Post by chronoluminaire »

Thanks for playing, hikari-chan, HeavensInnocence!
V2Blast wrote:I played through this game at some point, but I dunno which version I played, and I dunno if any substantial changes have been made since then that would warrant redownloading...
Unless you played in the first month it was released (April 2007), you'll have played the effectively final version. The version released on 4th May 2007 is basically the same as the latest release, except for a couple of bugs that could have caused the game to crash. So if you played a version with the combat engine, then there's no substantial changes since then.

The Ren'Ai Archive does sometimes get updated, and it looks like they have version 1.1. The versions since there have fixes for a couple of obscure bugs, but no new content.
V2Blast wrote:In any case, an excellent game. :)
Thank you!
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

HeavensInnocence

#207 Post by HeavensInnocence »

please just call me DJ.

damn it i cant get tohko's best ending and ive been working on tht for five hours
ImageImage

Kelenas

#208 Post by Kelenas »

Hi, there!

I downloaded Elven Relations some weeks ago, but only got around to actually play this game yesterday. I got Alisana's good ending on the first try, and have been trying to get her best ending since then, a half-dozen times at least. I guess I could try for another girl, but it really bugs me that I can't get any better than 'good', even with the help I discovered here.
chronoluminaire wrote:
Songroom / Choosing to drink or not: minor effect
Songroom / What you think: major effect
Asilana questions / choosing to ask about Asilana and her family: major effect
Banquet / sitting with her: minor effect
Party / visiting her first: minor effect
Party / dancing with her again: major effect
Party / making the right choices once you've danced: very major effect
Elfways / talking to her: minor effect
Stile / who you help down: minor effect
Village / who she rides with: very minor effect
Songroom: I take the drink, and answer that this is fascinating
Asilana questions: I tried both; asking her about herself (to get to know her more), and not asking about her (since the questions seem to make her uncomfortable)
Banquet: I tried to sit next to her, and to sit next to the Caller
Party: I dance with her first, talk to everyone else, dance with her again, and then tried again both choices; following elven, and defying traditions
Elfways: I talk to her, and during the (narrated) combat, make it my priority to defend her.
Stile: I help her down (but Yukari not), and during combat make it again my priority to defend her.
Village: she rides automatically on my horse

I tried various combinations, but my choices always seem to amount to the good ending; never the best, but never the bad ending, either. I'm pretty sure I'm overlooking something, but I'm somewhat at my wit's end. So, some additional hints would be very much appreciated.

- Kelenas

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#209 Post by LVUER »

@Kelenas:
I think choosing to drink or not to drink has major effect. Since if you drink, you are basically get drunk and can't behave properly.

Kelenas

#210 Post by Kelenas »

It's the drink in the songroom that I accept, the one offered by Asilana. The one during the banquet I decline; I figured getting drunk wouldn't be the way to make a good impression. :wink:

- Kelenas