Open DayS

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mirielle
Regular
Deviantart: miirne
Soundcloud: mirne-1

Open DayS

#1 Post by Mirielle »

Wow!

My NaNoReno entry is complete!

It's an incredibly short game with 7 endings, coarse language and suggestive dialogue so it's advised for those 15 years and older.

It is unvoiced, although, I may include voice acting later as well as better graphics.

I repeat again: It does contain coarse language and suggestive dialogue. If you are NOT okay with that sort of thing then don't play.

Windows download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P2RL41H9

Linux download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TR1BH94S

Mac download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LTLWPX02

Keep an eye out for my major project, which will be released sometime within two weeks.
Last edited by Mirielle on Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Available for voice acting - Please listen to my demo reel!

mokenju1
Regular

#2 Post by mokenju1 »

Congratulations :wink: . Your game has very funny lines and I like the use of soft colors on the characters (they are well integrated with the backgrounds).

There are some problems with the game:

- The main unzipped file has an "Open DayS".exe which doesn't work. It says that it can't find label start.

- The file which actually works is inside another "Open DayS" file. The exe there works well, but it seems there are some problems with the label game_end.

But they are minor problems that have easy solutions (build distributions would solve the first one), so don't worry :wink: .
Finished Projects: "Host Love", "The Silent Maiden", "The Worthy Bride" and "The Wandering Child"
Currently working on: "The Smiling Lady", "The intruder","Cassandra's Knight" and "Cinderella's choice"
Unfinished Projects: "Dear Friend, Secret Lover"

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by DaFool »

The 'show expression text' codes in the script (used during the credit sequences) make my game crashed.

Plus the problem mokenju mentioned earlier.

The dialogue is very amusing, with the characters very fleshed out. At first I was not sure about your use of Japanese names in Japanese setting, but you really played up the cliches very well.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by monele »

Code: Select all

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "D:\Jeux\Open DayS v1.0\Open DayS\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 166, in bootstrap
  File "D:\Jeux\Open DayS v1.0\Open DayS\renpy\main.py", line 275, in main
  File "D:\Jeux\Open DayS v1.0\Open DayS\renpy\main.py", line 92, in run
  File "D:\Jeux\Open DayS v1.0\Open DayS\renpy\execution.py", line 97, in run
  File "D:\Jeux\Open DayS v1.0\Open DayS\renpy\ast.py", line 520, in execute
  File "D:\Jeux\Open DayS v1.0\Open DayS\renpy\ast.py", line 490, in show_imspec
  File "D:\Jeux\Open DayS v1.0\Open DayS\renpy\python.py", line 873, in py_eval
  File "<none>", line 1, in <expression>
NameError: name 'text' is not defined

While executing game script on line 677 of C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\Miranda's\NaNoRenO\renpy-5.6.7-full\renpy-5.6.7\Open DayS/game/script.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 5.6.7c
Reporting for duty~... ^^;
So far I don't know what to think of the game as I don't know if I'm supposed to take it seriously or with a pinch of salt. I'll make a better opinion when I can get past the crash ^^[/code]

Mirielle
Regular

#5 Post by Mirielle »

Hee, thank you for taking the time to play this. I'll work out the bugs now.

And the games entire plotline is not meant to be taken seriously...it's really just for laughs.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by monele »

And the games entire plotline is not meant to be taken seriously...it's really just for laughs.
I actually find this quite important to know ^^. Because if a game is supposed to be parodic and stuff, and you play it seriously... it'll look *really* bad ^^;;....

NoMoreStars
Regular

#7 Post by NoMoreStars »

i cant get the game to start T___T woe is me.

Mirielle
Regular

#8 Post by Mirielle »

Bugs fixed and updated. It should be all systems go.

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#9 Post by Hime »

Oh my god, I totally loved this game. :'D I rarely like humour or parody at all, but this was just so... Perfect!
Especially that "I've loved you since yesterday since you had a good butt"-thing was something that made me laugh my head off.
Many other jokes were funny as well... And I liked the character graphics too, even though the style was a bit unfinished. That was actually one of the things that I liked in those graphics, actually. :)

This game might be even funnier if we had some drama-queenish voice actresses playing Jun and Miyu... They don't have so much dialogue either, so that might be a good "practice" for more amateur-ish VAs. ^^

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#10 Post by yummy »

Currently downloading...

I'll play your game ASAP! (whines because of work exhaustion)
So I'll edit this post when I get the chance to play it :)

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#11 Post by kara24601 »

Is this some April Fools thing?
This is not my kind of story...though a few parts do make me laugh.
Oh , I took it too seriously. :oops:
I thought "nymphomaniac" was reserved for females , never a description for a male ...isn't it an insulting word too? *confused*
Hmm ,
I dunno...
maybe I just need to play this some other time to fully appreciate it.

It's cool you got a game out though! :D

Mirielle
Regular

#12 Post by Mirielle »

Hime - Thankyou for the positive review~ I actually kinda pulled this together within the space of 2 weeks. I had too many exams going on in March...

I am thinking of putting voice acting in, but I am going to wait and see if it would be a good idea. But quite possibly.

kara24601 - I admit that this is a game that not everyone would like...and now that I think of it...it would be a good April Fool's thing! It is not meant to be taken seriously AT ALL. In any way, shape or form. I actually planned a longer, more serious story with a lot of in depth character development...it didn't happen. Time restraints.

I can say that my next game will have a lot more in the way of actual intrigue and it will have a deeper storyline. I guess with this game, I kinda was a bit bored of all the deep and meaningful stories here and wanted to make something completely different. Something just to parody things a bit... But thankyou for taking the time to play!

Ignosco
Veteran

#13 Post by Ignosco »

Congratulations :), this was great fun to play and it worked well as a parody, lots of great cliches :)... it does feel a bit like it needs to be taken even further, so it's really clear that it's a parody and not a serious game. Voice acting would probably help a lot :wink:.

kara24601- I think the male equivalent of nymphomania is satyriasis.

Yuzu-chan Fanboi

#14 Post by Yuzu-chan Fanboi »

Bandwidth exceeded....

Can you upload to different host?

--Yuzu-chan Fanboi

Mirielle
Regular

#15 Post by Mirielle »

Yuzu-chan Fanboi wrote:Bandwidth exceeded....

Can you upload to different host?

--Yuzu-chan Fanboi
Ah! Of course!