Open DayS

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mirielle
Regular
Deviantart: miirne
Soundcloud: mirne-1

#16 Post by Mirielle »

Yuzu-chan Fanboi wrote:Bandwidth exceeded....

Can you upload to different host?

--Yuzu-chan Fanboi
Ah! Of course!
Available for voice acting - Please listen to my demo reel!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#17 Post by mikey »

Congratulations!

Firstly - I liked the concept of the game. A parody of the hentai genre. However, what seemed t be the problem with me was the execution of that concept.
monele wrote:
And the games entire plotline is not meant to be taken seriously...it's really just for laughs.
I actually find this quite important to know ^^. Because if a game is supposed to be parodic and stuff, and you play it seriously... it'll look *really* bad ^^;;....
The simple fact is, I did not know until the credits which were somehow so different to the rest of the language that this was actually supposed to be a parody. It felt from the beginning just like all those mindless hentai.

The only problem I have with this game in respect to that are its love endings - they probably should be more in the mindless spirit of the rest of the game, not have that touch of romance that they have. It reminds me of Slave Pageant, where the protagonist was an ass, but that didn't tick me off - what did was that at the end he started to be all romantic-ish and it made a hentai-driven mindles game into a hentai-driven mindless game without focus.

There are a lot of bad hentai games, and I'm just afraid that this isn't SO lightly written, that it lacks the self-irony and somehow feels more like a (admittedly very good) replica of such bad hentai games, rather than a parody, if you don't have the info beforehand.

Again, if you'd just point this out very early in the game (perhaps with a subtitle "hentai parody" or something similar), people could adjust their mindset and enjoy it more - from the other replies I see that for some people this has worked without telling, but not really for me. It doesn't mean it's a bad game, just to stress that again. It's only the way it is presented.

So, may we mirror this game on the Ren'Ai Archives? I would probably add a line to the description saying it's a parody if that's okay - and that should do it. :wink:

PS: I liked the art, and the menu names, it's nice to see it worded differently :P .

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#18 Post by monele »

A subtle way could have been within the title. Just give it one of those "Neko neko Love Sugoi!" titles and it's done. Instant parody feeling.

Mirielle
Regular

#19 Post by Mirielle »

Thankyou for the detailed critique, mikey~! I will remember all those things for any future parodies I may or may not do. And, I would be honoured if you added it to the archives...and please put a warning that it is indeed a parody...I wouldn't want anyone to go in thinking that this was a serious game!

Oh, and monele, I love the "Neko Neko Love Sugoi!". It could become my next game! (Just Kidding~ ...maybe...)

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#20 Post by chronoluminaire »

Played this game yesterday. This was a lot of fun :) Got Miyu's ending on my first playthrough... no surprises there to anyone who knows me - the tsunderekko are almost always my favourite :) I went into the game knowing it was a parody, and was very entertained by the
loved you since yesterday bits, and the "friends with benefits" endings! Bwahahaha! :D
I'd also like to know where the backgrounds are from, as they're great. Especially the ones that are only used briefly in the endings.

But this was an entertaining half hour. Thanks!
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

NoMoreStars
Regular

#21 Post by NoMoreStars »

Everytime i redownload this game i cant seem to get it to work T____T

Help!!

edit:

When i double-click on open-days.exe it does nothing at all

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#22 Post by DaFool »

NoMoreStars wrote:Everytime i redownload this game i cant seem to get it to work T____T

Help!!

edit:

When i double-click on open-days.exe it does nothing at all
Did you download from renai.us? I know the first version was incorrectly packaged, but that should have been fixed.

Mirielle
Regular

#23 Post by Mirielle »

They should work..? I rerelesed with the corect version ages ago...

Hmm, as DaFool said, have you tried renai.us?

And to chronoluminaire - Glad you enjoyed it! I got the backgrounds from one of the sites in the resources thread! They are incredibly awesome, aren't they?

chisa-chan
Regular

#24 Post by chisa-chan »

Played it a week right before the national exam :P

A really short parody, but I like this. You chose the backgrounds very well...though somehow I feel the character sprites are a bit messy (sorry, don't mean to irritate you ^^).

This game is really fun!
Kalau tidak suka ya jangan diladeni, gitu aja kok repot™.
Cynanthia's Blog (Indonesian)

Mirielle
Regular

#25 Post by Mirielle »

XD The character sprites were a 3 minute rush job to make the deadline so no offence taken!

chisa-chan
Regular

#26 Post by chisa-chan »

3 minutes?! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I cannot even draw that fast!
Kalau tidak suka ya jangan diladeni, gitu aja kok repot™.
Cynanthia's Blog (Indonesian)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#27 Post by DaFool »

It'll take me 3 hours to achieve what you can do in 3 minutes...

(Actually, I could take a hint for my next super-minimalist project).

Mirielle
Regular

#28 Post by Mirielle »

Actually, the colouring was the 3 minutes the drawing was about 10 for each!

teankun
Regular

#29 Post by teankun »

Fortunatly, I knew it was a parody when I downloaded it. Nice quick joke especially since jerk is able to get girls who he just insulted in bed without really trying. A nice improbability seen in actual eroge game, but it does not just seem like an actual eroge game without doing the teacher.

Don't think it needs voice. The joke gets acreoss just fine.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#30 Post by musical74 »

LOL LOL LOL

Keeping in mind that this was a parody, it was very funny. The girls don't seem to care that the main character is a self-centered egotisical fella, they don't care that he JUST insulted them, and their *I loved you since yesterday* line is great =)

Admittedly forgot you finished this :oops: and after readlizing you did...gave it a go. Glad I did, it was a HOOT!
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.