Get Dumped ☆

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
icecheetah
Regular

Re: Get Dumped ☆

#61 Post by icecheetah »

Well well well I expected this to be more painful than it was! Or maybe I'm starting to get immune to second-hand embarrasment? Anyway, this was fun!
And can I just say that I was very pleasantly surprised that in the true ending they were still not dating, and that it was portrayed as a good thing? I mean, first I got the impression from the WIP thread that there would be an ending where they got back together so with the talk about a 'true ending' I was worried that'd be it. The second reason it was pleasantly surprising is the things that Arashi pointed out as being bad were my very first impressions of Michi. And it's nice to see the dumper not be villified in the end.

My first instinct was to try and go for a friendship ending with Kisa. :lol: So I got the false ending instead.
I would have loved to see an ending where Michi thinks "There's no way this date will work so I'll just go to Kisa's and whine and eat cake until I feel better!" or something.

spooky

#62 Post by spooky »

Congratulations on your release! Will download and play when I'm home :3

macuyo
Regular
Completed: Get Dumped
Projects: Soul Collector
Organization: Macuyo Production

#63 Post by macuyo »

@Pilot: Eheh thanks!/// I'm happy I could convey both those opposite(ish?) feelings in the game ^O^ <3
@Alwerien: They were counted in using Yui logic. LOL joking. But this is an example:
If you directly confront Arashi about the rumors, it adds on to nothing. Mainly because he doesn't mind it and it really doesn't change his opinion of you.

Ahaha yeah, in the beginning, Kisa did warn her that she shouldn't be so obsessed. [strike]Foreshadowing[/strike] In reality, it's like those moments when you do something wrong and it just gets harder to admit when time passes, especially if people still remember it clearly. That's what I thought Arashi would feel at the time. LOL yes! Second time around, they'll hopefully do it the right way....!
Me too. D: I also hate how they can somehow love so quickly:
To me, the reason why Michi fell in love at first sight is because she only liked his appearance. He didn't feel the same because... people don't just like people so easily? Or I'm just too cynical about love hahaha I like relationships that develop.;;
LMAO he's a veeery ordinary college guy. I drew a small picture of him before on my tumblr blog hehe
He's not very outstanding but Kisa thinks he's cute and she likes to tease him! [strike]I wanted him to appear in the game but my hand said no to another sprite for a short game like this[/strike]

@icecheetah: Haha!
Some people were upset that they didn't end up together, and said that I said before in WIP that they would. I'm sorry for those people, but to me, they DID end up together. OTL /hit
Hehe ^q^ Happy that I pinpointed all the points/// They were secretly all the points I disliked about shoujo manga MCs. Well-- I guess it can't be called a secret now.

Maybe I should've done that... she's so popular! :lol: I'll keep these things in mind for my next game~
@spooky: Thanks! Have fun ^^
BLOGS
Wordpress || Tumblr

Alwerien
Regular

#64 Post by Alwerien »

icecheetah wrote:I would have loved to see an ending where Michi thinks "There's no way this date will work so I'll just go to Kisa's and whine and eat cake until I feel better!" or something.[/spoiler]
Aww, I would have liked that one too!

I also wanted to edit something into my earlier post, but all the new posts before I got to it!
macuyo wrote:@Alwerien: They were counted in using Yui logic. LOL joking. But this is an example:
If you directly confront Arashi about the rumors, it adds on to nothing. Mainly because he doesn't mind it and it really doesn't change his opinion of you.

Ahaha yeah, in the beginning, Kisa did warn her that she shouldn't be so obsessed. [strike]Foreshadowing[/strike] In reality, it's like those moments when you do something wrong and it just gets harder to admit when time passes, especially if people still remember it clearly. That's what I thought Arashi would feel at the time. LOL yes! Second time around, they'll hopefully do it the right way....!
Me too. D: I also hate how they can somehow love so quickly:
To me, the reason why Michi fell in love at first sight is because she only liked his appearance. He didn't feel the same because... people don't just like people so easily? Or I'm just too cynical about love hahaha I like relationships that develop.;;
I think I should clarify what I said a bit - the strangeness was most likely based on the fact I was able to get to three of the endings from a savepoint on the final day if I didn't go in any too extreme route to lock me in. Which in the end made the endings not always 100% fitting because I felt that my choices were in totally different direction than what ends up being described in the ending. Which sort of leads me to the fact that I just love discovering all those tiny text alterations some games have based on what choices you make, so I was hoping for something like
Michi behaving differently if she comes to watch the game after she went through his phone earlier and got all anti-manager or a comment from Ara on how weak to alcohol she is (seriously? one glass?) etc. I do understand that the effort in extra coding might not be worth it for such a short game though ;_;

I remember how she told her in the beginning! Kisa is a smart girl after all~ Michi, you might get there just yet! And yeah, I totally understand those feelings.
And I have to agree, the character/relationship development is always good. I wish there were more series that actually pay attention to it ;_; And not always the same "Ordinary girl falls in love with the school prince/gets stuck with him in blackmail route -> For one reason or another (boredom, smut and boredom, also love on first sight, blackmail, other cliché ideas) he ends up going out with her -> She feels like she is not good enough, her whole life revolves around her prince, his whole fanclub constantly bullies her -> Their relationship is as shallow as always, with the smut ones it just gets worse like stockholm syndrome -> No development whatsover -> Almost happy end -> Insert random short-lived rival -> Happy end -> + If the manga gets to be published longer, insert random love triangle that doesn't make sense as he stands no chance anyways -> yet the relationship is still as shallow as ever" ;_;
macuyo wrote: LMAO he's a veeery ordinary college guy. I drew a small picture of him before on my tumblr blog hehe
He's not very outstanding but Kisa thinks he's cute and she likes to tease him! [strike]I wanted him to appear in the game but my hand said no to another sprite for a short game like this[/strike]
Aww, they make a cute couple~ See, this is another reason to make a sequel and fit him in! Double dates and best friends route go~~
I also kept wondering if Arashi had any good friend ;_; The only guys in were just meanies jelly of his popularity.
And lastly (I think I forgot to mention it before) I really like the GUI designs you did! <3 ..And since you mentioned it, I had to go stalk your tumblr blog to not miss more~
I love it when games with romance option have possible love interests both male and female. I wish there were more games like that. :<

Aines445
Regular

#65 Post by Aines445 »

macuyo wrote: LMAO he's a veeery ordinary college guy. I drew a small picture of him before on my tumblr blog hehe
Yup, Kisa is still my favorite character over every other character XD. Now I kinda want a sequel for her boyfriend to show up as a character (Lol who cares about Michi and Arashi? XD Just kidding).
But, I still want soul collector, I've been looking forward to it since I saw it (So much that I didn't really want to play Get dumped at first XD Like this:
Me: "Wow this game is so cool!"
*some time later*
Me: "No updates? Whyyy?" *looks at get dumped* "What?! THIS one will be finished first?! NOOOOOO Soul sweeper!!!! (It was soul sweeper before) Damn it, I'll have to wait"
But then I kinda got over it and decided that I could handle it and played this game! And I loved it so I'm happy ^-^)

macuyo
Regular

#66 Post by macuyo »

LOL Maybe they can all cameo in Soul Collector or something haha
Wow I'm so excited that you took such an interest in it//// I've decided to stop updating the LMS WIP thread for it, but I'm still going to log my progress through my blog *^*)+ Mostly because I find it troublesome to update in different places whenever I have news.
BLOGS
Wordpress || Tumblr

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#67 Post by Ran08 »

This was really great It's the first VN I've played in a pretty long time (about a month, hahaha) and it totally made me miss playing visual novels!

The characters kinda reminded me of the main characters from Gakuen Alice. :) Here is my complete "review". (Pretty long, but not that much!)

janrrah18
Regular
Projects: My Sweet Revenge,(I can't think of a good title...><)
Organization: Valonia

#68 Post by janrrah18 »

wwwaaahhh!!!!it's definitely here!!! :D
*downloading*

macuyo
Regular

#69 Post by macuyo »

Ran08 wrote:This was really great It's the first VN I've played in a pretty long time (about a month, hahaha) and it totally made me miss playing visual novels!

The characters kinda reminded me of the main characters from Gakuen Alice. :) Here is my complete "review". (Pretty long, but not that much!)
Woahh thanks for the review! *-* I'm happy to hear that it made you feel that way///
The length is good! Now I know what I need to improve on for my next game haha ^7^)b
Ohh Gakuen Alice... haven't touched that manga in years;; (Since like... chap 150 or something--?) I'm sure at least Mikan has better intentions than Michi in what she does LOL But I'm glad you think so; I find all the characters there really lovable~

P.S. Your blog theme is so cute!! <3

@janrrah18: :D !!
BLOGS
Wordpress || Tumblr

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#70 Post by Ran08 »

macuyo wrote: Woahh thanks for the review! *-* I'm happy to hear that it made you feel that way///
The length is good! Now I know what I need to improve on for my next game haha ^7^)b
Ohh Gakuen Alice... haven't touched that manga in years;; (Since like... chap 150 or something--?) I'm sure at least Mikan has better intentions than Michi in what she does LOL But I'm glad you think so; I find all the characters there really lovable~

P.S. Your blog theme is so cute!! <3

@janrrah18: :D !!
You're welcome! I'll be looking forward for more from you! :)
Ahhh, haha, yes, I guess so. While reading your VN it was really Gakuen Alice that was on my mind! The game really reminded me of that manga. =) And yeah, you're right!

Awww, thank you! Cute, huh? Just like your VN! Please make more! =)

pwisaguacate
Veteran

#71 Post by pwisaguacate »

Ah, the game and its GUI is looking real nice even before it was released. I've been wondering about the main menu bgm... The intro melody vaguely pokes my brain into remembering that I have a faint memory of something, yet I don't remember what that memory is. I'm thinking of two songs, actually, one being an nearly unrelated (melody 50% similar to intro?) kung fu movie ED where a couple dies but remain "forever together". I am dying to find a video of it. The other--I don't know where to begin.
I got a little suspicious when I hit New Game. Familiarly reused bgm?

Ariya Vanna
Completed: Frozen essence, Alistair , get dumped, (p)lanet

#72 Post by Ariya Vanna »

I think you should make a sequel to this :D ! i am very curious about what will happen next...but, this is just a suggestion :) :) the story is great and make me crying T^T sequelsequelsequel !! (>3<)/

janrrah18
Regular
Projects: My Sweet Revenge,(I can't think of a good title...><)
Organization: Valonia

#73 Post by janrrah18 »

Nooooeessss!!!!!!!!! I got all the ending b...ut... b..ut.... :(
In the end she really got DUMPED..no wonder the title is "Get Dumped"(but in a good way i guess but still..wwaaaaahhhh!!!!)*cries in the corner*
But its still a great game!! i love the main character her attitude :mrgreen:
please if you're not so busy you should make a sequel of this.... :mrgreen:

macuyo
Regular

#74 Post by macuyo »

@pwisaguacate: Ahah thanks!/// Except for one track, I got them all from the same source.
Ahh I don't play a lot of games released by non-official(?) creators... at least for a while now, so I didn't realize how common it was. I'll try not to find overused tracks the next time around.
@Ariya Vanna: Whatever happens next is up to your own imagination /hit/ I plan on posting some things about this game in my blog some time in the future, but I think that'll be it... sorry.;; I'm really excited about my next game, so I don't think I'll come back to this until at least I finish that one haha

@janrrah18: Glad you like her! ^///^ For now, I want to focus on my other game so I haven't really thought about making a sequel. orz I'll try to post some bonus stuff on my blogs though :mrgreen:
BLOGS
Wordpress || Tumblr

borisoda
Regular

#75 Post by borisoda »

Woops forgot to comment about this game!
The art was really cute!

and I laughed at the
deadly bento ending lol
It was quite different than the usual games I played before.
I enjoyed it!