Get Dumped ☆

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Eunbin
Projects: Tricross[GxB]
Organization: GreenTea Production

Re: Get Dumped ☆

#91 Post by Eunbin »

I played this yday but didnt have time comment!
I found the game really cute with a hint of silce of life.
I LOLed at the scene where she tries to impress him too much and wear those spazzy clothes.
I really liked the ending not a bad or happy one, but a semi-neutral ending :).
Overall GOODJOB!

P.S Your art style is super duper cute!
C-Check out my DA! www.eunbinlee.deviantart.com

macuyo
Regular
Completed: Get Dumped
Projects: Soul Collector
Organization: Macuyo Production

#92 Post by macuyo »

@thisisausername: Wow thanks so much for the review!/// I really love to read reviews like these since it helps me see the differences in how I intend my characters to be perceived and how they're actually perceived. Glad you liked it! I was worried since I wasn't sure if people enjoyed getting dumped haha ^^

@Eunbin: I'm happy you liked it! ^///^ <33
Thank you!!///
BLOGS
Wordpress || Tumblr

Sugarin

#93 Post by Sugarin »

Oh my! I loved this game so much you don't even know --
At first I was skeptical about playing this game because y'know, it sounded a little depressing. i mean, no one likes getting dumped, y'know? LOL. But, I got over that and really enjoyed this game.
I was face-palming for Michi every time she tried to "impress" the poor guy. She's just too funny.
The ending where she wore that god awful cosply thing-a-ma-jig was the best. LOL.
"It's not you, it's..wait yeah it's you." tissue,pls. laughing like a mad man here.
I found the true ending beautiful. I mean, it's really relateable. Instead of most VN's with the sappy cliche ending, this was more realistic and I liked that aspect. but still, Ara was still kind of a butt; he didn't even like her. shame on him,pls.

lilyrose
Regular

#94 Post by lilyrose »

I found this game very sad with a funny side ;p
My first time playing I got splattered in eggs and i got drunk pictures of me posted on the internet!!!!! XD and getting the ending where she wheres something neon and out there man that was sad but in a different way XD i actually liked how if you tried again it was like a dream to her XD the true ending was very bittersweet but it made me smile
anyways i enjoyed playing it and i loved the artwork :) soooooooooo GREAT JOB!!!
~ You know I used to be able to leap tall buildings using a jetpack? Then I got shot in the leg with an arrow T.T ~

macuyo
Regular

#95 Post by macuyo »

@Sugarin: Aww glad you liked it >///< Thank you for playing it despite your doubts!
I was worried that I might've just had a weird sense of humor, but it seems like it got through somehow...!
Yes Ara haha but in the real world, I'd imagine that people would still go out with people they didn't like. + A lot of girls in manga get dragged into relationships with guys they don't like either... even though they almost always end up liking them in the end. lmao
@lilyrose: Mission accomplished. *V*)9 Haha, thank you! <3
BLOGS
Wordpress || Tumblr

facades
Regular

#96 Post by facades »

Thanks macuyo for making this game! I've been going through some things in RL and this game, or at least the true ending, reminded me of something so simple and yet so easy to forget,
Just be who you truly are.
But yes, the other endings really made me super annoyed. I almost stopped playing the game altogether. Ara is such a Jerk. But the true ending is so true, superimposing one's imaginations on a person and building a relationship based on lies, insecurities and the pressure to meet expectations may ultimately result in nothing more than a shallow bond. I think Ara made the right decision to ask Michi to think about their relationship, although his methods were kind of harsh. I mean he could have maintained their relationship and could have had a serious talk with her instead to show her what she was doing wrong. I guess real friendship, honesty and trust are the ingredients for a lasting relationship.

All in all, it's a great game and true to it's name ! :wink:

masakkali

#97 Post by masakkali »

hello sweety.............i so wanna play your game...............but its not downloading..............i have tried 3 times but it fails after progressing a bit............is there a problem with the link?

Sekai sora

#98 Post by Sekai sora »

kawiiiiiiii macuyo>O< game
i like the CG and the the story ^_^
after I get the ending
>-W-<
I was happy she find the answer
^___^ sogiii game
macuyo

omgitstay
Regular

#99 Post by omgitstay »

I downloaded it&played it.
However, I never got the real ending and always broke up with him at the end :(
I just can't figure out how to stay with him T~T
Other than that, it is a great game! Keep it up!

Lire
Regular
Projects: Witch Hunt
Location: Anywhere this minds follows.. stops at Indonesia for now..

#100 Post by Lire »

Like this story :D
:x Got fired up when he always and always reject me! :x
Then i decided want to see what he want to say at the end.
And.. his reason is acceptable.. haha..
Nice wrappings for true end.. :mrgreen:
Not enough time..
Or i'm a genius in wasting time.. :lol:

macuyo
Regular

#101 Post by macuyo »

@facades : Thank you!
It's really simple, but so hard to follow. Sometimes you can't even feel the change happening haha. All the endings except for the true one actually took place in her head alone. And for dumping her initially-- I think to be honest, he was just a coward for avoiding it until he was confronted. I guess he feels like he isn't as close with her, so he finds it hard to bring up and have a heart to heart talk.
@masakkali: No, there shouldn't be. I checked the day after you posted it and it worked fine. o_o

@Sekai sora: Arigatou...!/// Glad you liked it~ For some reason, your comment sounded like it was the result of Google translate so I'll keep my message simple and understandable. >-<

@omgitstay: Thanks! breadmasterlee (AKA Hinano) did a full walkthrough, as in she included the choices you should pick to get a certain ending. I reviewed it and it looked about right, so it should work. You can find the link to it through the "Guide" page on my website/blog.

@Lire: Hahaha, he's a romance-able chara programmed to be on level impossible LOL. Joking. I'm happy you enjoyed it!
BLOGS
Wordpress || Tumblr

SHiNKiROU
Regular

#102 Post by SHiNKiROU »

A game with nice CG, colorful characters and music that reminds me of my childhood. The true ending is
not a good ending but
very realistic, and other 6 endings are very self-conscious.

For the setting, I can't decide if it's in Japan or America with 100% certainty, but it doesn't matter and no one will notice it: It requires linguistics on genre savvy.

Finally, I learned something about the shoujo genre: I can assume that making lunch, and failing epically is a common trope.

Vilhelmina
Regular
Organization: Cassis Connection Studios

#103 Post by Vilhelmina »

Haha! XD I think my favourite ending out of these was definitely
the one with the food poisoning.
I mean honestly - she was SO BAD at cooking! xD I thought that if she went to cooking class AND recorded the show that she'd have some chance but ahaha. Yeah. I guess not.
XD Although I was a bit like "Wait did she leave the food out during the night? Did she not put it in the refrigerator and then just gave it to him? Yeahhh, that COULD cause food poisoning".
The bright colours of the lunch box were a nice touch, it really looked hilariously toxic xD
Artist/writer by night, MD/PhD student by day
Looking for medical fact checking / advice for your game? PM me!

art gallery: Vilhelmina @ deviantART | Founder of Cassis Connection Studios

macuyo
Regular

#104 Post by macuyo »

@SHiNKiROU: Thank you! I was aiming for that so I'm glad.
The setting is supposed to be in Japan because that's where shoujo originates from, and thus the use of super generic backgrounds and everything. But yes, for the story, it really doesn't matter. It's just one of those small details I add to make myself happier that I can stick with a central moral haha. :roll:
It certainly is from what I read! +__+ I don't even think I can name a shoujo main character off the bat that actually cooks well and doesn't star in some cooking manga LOL. At least not in generic shoujo manga.

@Vilhelmina: Sometimes information is dangerous in the hands of the wrong people. :twisted: Yeah, that sounds like something she'd do xD Michi = lack of common sense
Plus even when cooked well, leaving food overnight really changes the flavour hahaha
Glad you liked it! Personally, it was one of my favourite things to colour-- I'm not going to hide the fact that I was proud of it LOL. But sadly the textbox covered most of it orz. You have no idea how long I took changing the placements of the CG and textbook just so they can look partly visible /sob.
BLOGS
Wordpress || Tumblr

SHiNKiROU
Regular

#105 Post by SHiNKiROU »

If
all the non-true endings are dreams
, then did you put thought on dream psychology (or even dream symbolism) to give subtle hints that
she is in a dream
(I assume you did because Murphy's Law applied to her all the time)?