Rising Angels: The Red Rose

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

Rising Angels: The Red Rose

#1 Post by KomiTsuku »

Rising Angels is the story of Faye Moonfallow, her squad of somewhat loveable misfits, and their dreams of becoming officers in the Katajion Defense Force. However, before they can get there, they have to first pass the rigorous Space Sector Academy. Life is rough, non-stop, and the danger of getting the boot is ever-present. Can Faye and her squad overcome the challenges posed to them or will the group destroy itself in chaos?

-1920x1080 resolution
-Kinetic Novel
-5 to 6 hours of story
-Shoujo Ai
-Rated R for cursing and suggestive themes
-Our lovely OP sung by Azura

Download link
-Version 1.0, 277MB

Screenshots:

And as part of our release, a background done by Tetiel!
Attachments
Wallpaper1.jpg
Last edited by KomiTsuku on Sun May 12, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Re: Rising Angels [GxG]

#2 Post by MaiMai »

Ahhhh, congrats on your release. I'm just happy whenever I see a released game of good quality such as this *w*
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

bellice
Veteran

Re: Rising Angels: The Red Rose [GxG]

#3 Post by bellice »

Squealing and downloading.
Won't be able to play it today, thanks to the 5 hour train ride ahead of me, but it does make the start of the new term a lot easier to bear. So thanks for that!

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#4 Post by Blue Lemma »

Wow, so a 17-month project comes to an end! (going by WIP thread anyway)

Congratulations on the release! The art looks really great, and 1920x1080 is pretty darn ambitious. I'll definitely give this a shot :D
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope

#5 Post by KomiTsuku »

Thanks, everyone, I hope you all enjoy it!
Blue Lemma wrote:Wow, so a 17-month project comes to an end! (going by WIP thread anyway)

Congratulations on the release! The art looks really great, and 1920x1080 is pretty darn ambitious. I'll definitely give this a shot :D
Development started back in June of 2011, so it is more like 21-month project. OTL It is the Duke Nukem Forever of visual novels. Will the next one take that long? Nope, because we are focused now.

I like larger resolutions, seeing as I have a high-end laptop and like to see visual novels as more than specks on the screen. However, if there is enough demand for a 1280x720 (even though ren'py scales down), I will make a smaller version.

Aseret
Regular

#6 Post by Aseret »

ahh this looks AMAZING, I LOVE the art <3
Unfortunately, I don't play yuri games, so I don't think I'll play this :(
I wish this was GxB or even BxB (b/c I would still be pursuing boys aha)
Would you maybe release a GxB version of the game in the future..? (lol thats just my wishful thinking though).
However, this is just my personal opinion and I'm sure this game would be great for everyone else!
Anyways, congratulations on releasing your game :)

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#7 Post by ririruetoo »

I usually am not a fan of yuri games, but this looks really pretty and neat, so I'll give it a whirl. :)
ImageImageImage

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by KomiTsuku »

Aseret wrote:I wish this was GxB or even BxB (b/c I would still be pursuing boys aha)
Would you maybe release a GxB version of the game in the future..? (lol thats just my wishful thinking though).
I'm afraid you've named the two romance styles I'm less preferable towards (GxG and BxG being my preferred). There probably won't be a GxB version of this game because how tightly I wove the romance into the plot. There might be some side stories that are, but the focus will be on the GxG side. BxB just isn't going to happen, cute girls are what typically drives my development.

However, I'm also working on an otome right now, Pyrite Heart, and a sequel to what I guess could be called a GxB (though romance isn't high in the plot), The Halberd and The Tiger. We've got a lot of fun stories coming up, so I hope I'll write something you'll find interesting. ^_^

Aseret
Regular

#9 Post by Aseret »

LOL we kinda have opposite preferences. I'm all for the bishies lmao ;)
And yes Pyrite Heart looks amazing, I'm totally looking forward to that!
Did you mean a sequel to The Halberd and Tiger?
Anyways excited for your future releases :D

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by KomiTsuku »

Aseret wrote:LOL we kinda have opposite preferences. I'm all for the bishies lmao ;)
And yes Pyrite Heart looks amazing, I'm totally looking forward to that!
Did you mean a sequel to The Halberd and Tiger?
Anyways excited for your future releases :D
Bah, bishies! *wiggles his cane* Back in my day, we didn't have no bishies! Any man who couldn't lift a car didn't have a place in animation!

Yep, the sequel is called The Halberd and The Fox. I've been writing it between this and Pyrite Heart.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#11 Post by Blue Lemma »

Finished playing (er, reading)

Yays:
Nicely-written story
Good char development
Great graphics
Good music
Adorable protag <3
Interesting little twists and turns

Not-so-yays:
No event CGs :(
Rich girl with private beach thing is cliche

Nice job, Komi and team :)
Lenna that little heartbreaker : (
But Yoi is way hotter, even if she does fly off the handle :3
edit: Allow me to elaborate on something:
You see, this can be a teachable moment!
KomiTsuku wrote:-1920x1080 resolution
-Yuri
Put these three things together and having no event CGs is a nearly unforgivable sin! Shame shame :P Lost opportunities! Stay strong and sexy it up, my brother! :wink:
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Lachez
Regular
Projects: Nakajo

#12 Post by Lachez »

Oh my gosh! Downloading as I speak! Can't wait :D

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by KomiTsuku »

Blue Lemma wrote:Finished playing (er, reading)

Yays:
Nicely-written story
Good char development
Great graphics
Good music
Adorable protag <3
Interesting little twists and turns

Not-so-yays:
No event CGs :(
Rich girl with private beach thing is cliche

Nice job, Komi and team :)
Lenna that little heartbreaker : (
But Yoi is way hotter, even if she does fly off the handle :3
I'm glad you enjoyed it. Faye has been my favorite protagonist to write. There's something about a cute little wolfgirl that has been keeping me going. Any particular favorite character, if you don't mind me asking?

There's a reason for adding the rich girl with a beach cliche, I swear! It's because I wanted swimsuits. It's because of... of... screw it, I just wanted a beach scene and swimsuits.
Some romances aren't meant to be.

Yoi does not fly off... okay, she does. But, like Lenna, how much do we really know about her? Those rare souls who've read Katajion's Dream should be expecting some very dark and interesting twists coming up with her.
edit: Allow me to elaborate on something:
You see, this can be a teachable moment!
KomiTsuku wrote:-1920x1080 resolution
-Yuri
Put these three things together and having no event CGs is a nearly unforgivable sin! Shame shame :P Lost opportunities! Stay strong and sexy it up, my brother! :wink:
I was going to commit seppuku, but I misplaced my blade. There were CGs done, but one of the important lessons we learned during development is to not commission CGs until all the previous development was done. >.>; Scenes were dropped, sizes were changed. I will be releasing these extra pieces of art, slowly but surely.

That's not to say that we're giving up on CGs. Actions are already being taken to add backgrounds. Once those are done, we will add CG and finish coding the beautiful interface. Of course, that costs money. Chief may have a decent pool of it, but...

So let's have one by HannaPhilip!
scene_9.jpg

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#14 Post by Blue Lemma »

KomiTsuku wrote:Any particular favorite character, if you don't mind me asking?
Kiku grew on me, but the cross-eyedness is distracting o_o
Yoi is the best :D I want to see her get some "tail" *wink wink*
Lenna has no backbone, no special animal features, no CG for her sex scene... three strikes, she's out :lol:
There's a reason for adding the rich girl with a beach cliche, I swear! It's because I wanted swimsuits. It's because of... of... screw it, I just wanted a beach scene and swimsuits.
YES there we go! Be true to yourself! My upcoming two games have all sorts of findable fanservice because I want to include it dammit! GO AWAY HATERS :twisted:

There were CGs done, but one of the important lessons we learned during development is to not commission CGs until all the previous development was done. >.>; Scenes were dropped, sizes were changed. I will be releasing these extra pieces of art, slowly but surely.
NAO NAO NAO *stomps around*
uh
I mean I am patiently looking forward to it ^.^

Nice pic :)
- Napoleon Bonaparte

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#15 Post by KomiTsuku »

Blue Lemma wrote: Kiku grew on me, but the cross-eyedness is distracting o_o
Yoi is the best :D I want to see her get some "tail" *wink wink*
Lenna has no backbone, no special animal features, no CG for her sex scene... three strikes, she's out :lol:
That particular sprite of Kika gave me a lot of headache. I kept striking it and then putting it back in. ...wait, is Kika's sprite actually cross-eyed?
As for Yoi getting some tail, be careful what you wish for. As Kika mentions, lupide only mate with a single person in their lives. Such an act could change their relationship forever, and that's something I don't think Faye is quite ready to go through.
Lenna is a character people either absolutely love or despise. Personally, I can't figure out how she keeps getting into my stories.
YES there we go! Be true to yourself! My upcoming two games have all sorts of findable fanservice because I want to include it dammit! GO AWAY HATERS :twisted:
I try to take the high road when it comes to fanservice, but...

NAO NAO NAO *stomps around*
uh
I mean I am patiently looking forward to it ^.^

Nice pic :)
You'll get it when it is ready, mister!