Nacira [GxB][Comedy,Romance,Mystery,History]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ngareci
Regular
Completed: Grinning Heart: the meeting & the voyage, Nacira

Re: Nacira [GxB][Comedy,Romance,Mystery,History]

#76 Post by ngareci »

AERenoir wrote:Hehehhe, gamenya jadi bikin kangen klepon *uguuuu*
Hahaha, sekarang susah cari yang enak..
Dawnfire wrote:Not sure if I'm really a fan of this game. I'm Indian and know the Mahabharata well, but I don't know how different the Indonesian version is...but I don't know if I liked any of the guys, or that they represented the story at all. There really wasn't too much character depth, development or even personality to them. The dialogue was pretty basic. And the art was pretty good in concept, but each changing face for the sprites made them look like a completely different person. I have to say that I really enjoyed the music, the new culture I was learning about, and the plot concept. I also was intrigued that not all of the choices were straightforward and that you had to work a little to find the right answers. I just felt that it could have been better executed.
Yes, it wasn't represent the Mahabharata's story. I just took the Pandawa, which, I thought they're really interesting, into some kind of alternate universe, and make the new story there. But well, I try to make the characterization as close as possible to the reference, while carefully matching it with the story. But thank you for the comment, I will try to be better next time.. :D
Completed Project
Image Image Image
===========================
Deviantart

khfan12
Regular
Completed: Clarity, a MH KN
Projects: "With You", Truculence

#77 Post by khfan12 »

Gonna re-download it since the version I had downloaded before disappeared off of my computer.

What I played of it before the download disappeared was good. I think that I only had Arjuna's ending left.
Image <<My DeviantArt

Kinetic/Visual Novels:
Complete:
Clarity - MH KN- Solo Project
Projects:
With You (working title) - Lead Writer/Concept/ETC
Truculence- Concept Artist, Proofreader

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#78 Post by Kokoro Hane »

I can't believe I haven't played this yet, gonna download now!
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#79 Post by Kokoro Hane »

.....and I had one playthrough, and I loved it! Lovely art, plus it was cool to learn a bit about Indonesian culture (especially food, hehe). I really loved the style of the music, as well as how they dressed, I am gonna be playing through it more to see if there are anymore endings!
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

ngareci
Regular

#80 Post by ngareci »

Kokoro Hane wrote:.....and I had one playthrough, and I loved it! Lovely art, plus it was cool to learn a bit about Indonesian culture (especially food, hehe). I really loved the style of the music, as well as how they dressed, I am gonna be playing through it more to see if there are anymore endings!
Thank you! There's 6 endings in total, I hope you will like them~ :D
Completed Project
Image Image Image
Deviantart

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#81 Post by ShadowBerry »

narf wtf its finished?!?!?!
omg omg @_@
Own project:

Hachiko
Regular

#82 Post by Hachiko »

The download link for windows seems dead. :(

ngareci
Regular

#83 Post by ngareci »

ShadowBerry wrote:narf wtf its finished?!?!?!
omg omg @_@
Yes~ please enjoy it!
Hachiko wrote:The download link for windows seems dead. :(
Thank you for telling me, I've fix it just now.
Please try it again :D
Completed Project
Image Image Image
Deviantart

Hachiko
Regular

#84 Post by Hachiko »

"Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 205.196.122.22."

still can't download it ><

serefine-hitsu-mori

#85 Post by serefine-hitsu-mori »

I love the art! It's absolute awesomeness. And well, let's just say that pursuing the pandavas was.... 'interesting' since I myself come from the culture that has the Mahabharath written in their history.
Anyways, it was the overall game was enjoyable and the Indonesian spin off was nice~ Plus Arjuna's ending was plain lol! Loved it. Looking forward to more of your work.

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#86 Post by noeinan »

ngareci wrote:Unfortunately I'm not making any walkthrough except Nyikara, but if you want to get some hint, please PM me, and I'd be gladly help you.. :wink:
So... Is there a walkthrough for the Nyikara route? :D I just finished all five prince routes, but for some reason I couldn't get Nyikara's.

Review of routes:
Puntadewa:

Right when I met him I though he would be my favorite path, though surprisingly that turned out not to be the case. When I played his route, I kept looking to get back and talk to him (when I played his section, I didn't talk to the king with him-- so I only saw that path when investigating the different outcomes when you hurt your leg) and couldn't find him.

I actually got a little frustrated because I kept having interactions with all these other guys and not the one I was looking for, haha. Though, after you get through all the other guys you do see him again. I felt that his ending was really Nyikara's ending, but that because Nacira was the main character she ended up with him instead. Especially with Nyikara talking about "fate" and "destiny" I couldn't help but feel that was just the game telling me "too bad, Nyikara is not the main character!" rather than there actually being a legitimate reason for them to not get together. (The destiny thing also felt a little painted on since Nacira isn't royalty either, so there was no reason for Nyikara to give the next king to her.)

If there had been some kind of hint, like Nyikara had seen Nacira and Puntadewa through the library window and knew they were meant to be or something-- and if Puntadewa had seemed more interested in Nacira (for example, like he didn't actually love Nyikara and went to the tower to let her down) I would have been more satisfied. That said, I still enjoyed the game, and liked dancing with Nyikara at the end. (It was also nice that she got out of the tower instead of just sitting there. I also felt that we could have explored more her reason for not leaving entirely-- like she was so in love with Puntadewa that she couldn't bear to be apart, but knew she couldn't be with him.)

Werkudara:

Out of all the routes, I think Werkudara was my favorite. You see him first thing when you get into the city, and it's not too long into the game when you talk to him on the rooftop. His interactions were placed nicely, so I didn't feel like he popped out of nowhere, and I didn't feel like he just abandoned me halfway through the game. It also added some emotional investment when Nacira was jealous that when she thought he loved Nyikara still-- and I liked the good communication between them when he admitted that he did like her, and felt bitter about it, but didn't have those feelings anymore. Good communication is something I really appreciate between love interests, but sadly it's pretty rare to see!

My only real complaint was that in both his route and Puntadewa's route I agreed to go on a journey at the end of the month. However, later on I was trying out all the different choices to see what their dialogue was and found out that I agreed to go on a journey even if I said it was none of my business... That made it feel like I really didn't have a choice so I wondered why there was even a menu.

Arjuna:

I disliked Arjuna right off the bat, because I dislike flirty characters-- but I actually liked several interactions with him just fine. It was pretty hilarious to see that Nacira wasn't the girl who played hard to get, making him love her-- that ship had sailed with Nyikara, and Nacira was just another of the girls who got swept up in his charms. And the twins reaction to them getting married was very telling. They weren't surprised at all because he collects wives like postage stamps, haha.

Nakula and Sadewa:

I feel like I didn't like either of the twins routes as much, but I think that's because I collected all of the endings in order and by the time I got to them I was using the skip function to just get to the endings. I liked Sadewa quite a bit during the other routes, but I probably rushed myself too much to finish the game because it was late. ^^;

I thought both of them were fine and I liked the fact that during their endings all the princes come to see you off. Also, the fact that the two of them visit and become a part of Nacira's life instead of her having to drop everything and go with them-- which was the case with the older guys. (Maybe they have more freedom because they are younger, and very far from the line of succession?) Overall, their relationship with Nacira seemed more equal than the older brothers.

Nyikara:

I haven't gotten her route, yet, actually! If anyone has played before and could give me a hint I would appreciate it. :)

Overall, I thought it was a cute little game. I liked the art and all the character designs. The ear ornaments that made them look like elves was cool-- I did wonder why Nyikara was wearing them though since I thought it was only for the princes? Maybe it's because she was the royal dancer.

In any case, thanks for making the game. I enjoyed it. :D

ngareci
Regular

#87 Post by ngareci »

Sorry for the -totally long time reply, everyone- >___<
Hachiko wrote:"Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 205.196.122.22."

still can't download it ><
Can you download it with other browser like chrome?
serefine-hitsu-mori wrote:I love the art! It's absolute awesomeness. And well, let's just say that pursuing the pandavas was.... 'interesting' since I myself come from the culture that has the Mahabharath written in their history.
Anyways, it was the overall game was enjoyable and the Indonesian spin off was nice~ Plus Arjuna's ending was plain lol! Loved it. Looking forward to more of your work.
Thank you for playing!
Yes, I want to bring the Pandavas and Indonesia culture to new level ^__^
I'm glad it turns out good. I will try my best for the next game!

daikiraikimi wrote:
ngareci wrote:Unfortunately I'm not making any walkthrough except Nyikara, but if you want to get some hint, please PM me, and I'd be gladly help you.. :wink:
So... Is there a walkthrough for the Nyikara route? :D I just finished all five prince routes, but for some reason I couldn't get Nyikara's.

Review of routes:
Puntadewa:

Right when I met him I though he would be my favorite path, though surprisingly that turned out not to be the case. When I played his route, I kept looking to get back and talk to him (when I played his section, I didn't talk to the king with him-- so I only saw that path when investigating the different outcomes when you hurt your leg) and couldn't find him.

I actually got a little frustrated because I kept having interactions with all these other guys and not the one I was looking for, haha. Though, after you get through all the other guys you do see him again. I felt that his ending was really Nyikara's ending, but that because Nacira was the main character she ended up with him instead. Especially with Nyikara talking about "fate" and "destiny" I couldn't help but feel that was just the game telling me "too bad, Nyikara is not the main character!" rather than there actually being a legitimate reason for them to not get together. (The destiny thing also felt a little painted on since Nacira isn't royalty either, so there was no reason for Nyikara to give the next king to her.)

If there had been some kind of hint, like Nyikara had seen Nacira and Puntadewa through the library window and knew they were meant to be or something-- and if Puntadewa had seemed more interested in Nacira (for example, like he didn't actually love Nyikara and went to the tower to let her down) I would have been more satisfied. That said, I still enjoyed the game, and liked dancing with Nyikara at the end. (It was also nice that she got out of the tower instead of just sitting there. I also felt that we could have explored more her reason for not leaving entirely-- like she was so in love with Puntadewa that she couldn't bear to be apart, but knew she couldn't be with him.)

Werkudara:

Out of all the routes, I think Werkudara was my favorite. You see him first thing when you get into the city, and it's not too long into the game when you talk to him on the rooftop. His interactions were placed nicely, so I didn't feel like he popped out of nowhere, and I didn't feel like he just abandoned me halfway through the game. It also added some emotional investment when Nacira was jealous that when she thought he loved Nyikara still-- and I liked the good communication between them when he admitted that he did like her, and felt bitter about it, but didn't have those feelings anymore. Good communication is something I really appreciate between love interests, but sadly it's pretty rare to see!

My only real complaint was that in both his route and Puntadewa's route I agreed to go on a journey at the end of the month. However, later on I was trying out all the different choices to see what their dialogue was and found out that I agreed to go on a journey even if I said it was none of my business... That made it feel like I really didn't have a choice so I wondered why there was even a menu.

Arjuna:

I disliked Arjuna right off the bat, because I dislike flirty characters-- but I actually liked several interactions with him just fine. It was pretty hilarious to see that Nacira wasn't the girl who played hard to get, making him love her-- that ship had sailed with Nyikara, and Nacira was just another of the girls who got swept up in his charms. And the twins reaction to them getting married was very telling. They weren't surprised at all because he collects wives like postage stamps, haha.

Nakula and Sadewa:

I feel like I didn't like either of the twins routes as much, but I think that's because I collected all of the endings in order and by the time I got to them I was using the skip function to just get to the endings. I liked Sadewa quite a bit during the other routes, but I probably rushed myself too much to finish the game because it was late. ^^;

I thought both of them were fine and I liked the fact that during their endings all the princes come to see you off. Also, the fact that the two of them visit and become a part of Nacira's life instead of her having to drop everything and go with them-- which was the case with the older guys. (Maybe they have more freedom because they are younger, and very far from the line of succession?) Overall, their relationship with Nacira seemed more equal than the older brothers.

Nyikara:

I haven't gotten her route, yet, actually! If anyone has played before and could give me a hint I would appreciate it. :)

Overall, I thought it was a cute little game. I liked the art and all the character designs. The ear ornaments that made them look like elves was cool-- I did wonder why Nyikara was wearing them though since I thought it was only for the princes? Maybe it's because she was the royal dancer.

In any case, thanks for making the game. I enjoyed it. :D
Thank you very much for your feedback!!
Yes, there's walkthrough for Nyikara here
For Puntadewa, you hint for his relationship with Nyikara and Nacira is really make sense! I never thought about that, going to added it in the next version! >_< Thank you!

For the coices in Werkudara is really my fault, due lack of time on writing the script. I have to expand it more next time..

For Arjuna, I would like to make the ending as cute as possible (even though it would be still irritated the arjuna's fans ^_^)

For the twins, both of them are sweet >w< and yeah, they have similiar pattern of ending~
At last, thank you for playing!
and hey, I'm glad you did notice a minor thing like the ear ornaments in Nyikara ^_^

Have a good day everyone!
Completed Project
Image Image Image
Deviantart

projectotome
Regular
Projects: Under the Moonlit Sky
Organization: Drifting Dreamers

#88 Post by projectotome »

Its nice to see a fellow Indonesian who is passionate in the Visual Novel world. Nacira lucu banget deh kak... Aku juga suka artworknya :)

ngareci
Regular

#89 Post by ngareci »

projectotome wrote:Its nice to see a fellow Indonesian who is passionate in the Visual Novel world. Nacira lucu banget deh kak... Aku juga suka artworknya :)
Thank you very much! I love VN and.. #ehm fine male characters on VN #ups
:lol: :lol:
Sesama OELVN fans dari Indonesia, salam kenal~
Completed Project
Image Image Image
Deviantart

plaster
Regular
Tumblr: plasterbrain
Soundcloud: plasterbrain

#90 Post by plaster »

>w>
<w<

walkthrough

Also can I take the twins home, they are darling.