Papercut [love-affair drama] [nanoremo 2013]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
MJDAlleria
Regular

Re: Papercut [love-affair drama] [nanoremo 2013]

#16 Post by MJDAlleria »

Nope, none at all.

Chibichann
Regular

#17 Post by Chibichann »

The game was extraordinary,different from the ones i have played till now,you have somehow expressed a women's needs when she goes threw the trouble she faced in the story.well done.but just wanted to ask why did you not reveal who the child belonged to in one of the endings.

Virelai
Regular

#18 Post by Virelai »

I love how the woman has this little "drama convo" in her mind at times. The plot is incredibly twisted and amazing. You did a really good job on this. I actually appreciated the cheating in this one XD

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by SusanTheCat »

I did a Let's Play of this

The writing is very good, but I was not a fan of the protagonist. (Which means you wrote her well!) I think you will catch my feelings during the Let's Play. (I was getting a little snarky.)

I still intend on finishing the game, but I was so irritated by the protagonist that I had to stop. I understand it was a style decision for her to not call her husband by name, but her referring to him as "my husband" all the time triggered my "she's an abused wife" reaction.

Keep up the good work.

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

#20 Post by Cidz »

@ MJDAlleria - okidoki! I guess not even the windows version worked for my friend, so it's probably his computer?

@ Chibichann - I'm glad you enjoyed the game! Haha, I guess Jubbz just wanted it to be left open XD not sure why it was revealed, I assume it's the paperboys. But kind of hoping it's the husbands.

@ Virelai - hahha those were alotta fun to read! Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the game too ^_^

@ susanthecat - OMG I AM DYING XD Hearing you read it outloud, your snarky inbetween comments, and voice acting XD I can understand your irration towards the protag, I don't think she was written to be very likeable haha.
And, yeah the sprites could of used a little polishing, but concidering she was able to whip up both sets in a day or two is pretty awesome! I thought she did pretty good for a nanoreno project (plus she was working on her own as well, and maybe another? i'm not sure...)

Also, I just glanced at your icon and hahahaa it's so...fitting for your reaction towards the protag XD I imagine that was your face while playing! And, i read too that you are a feminist, and that was one reason you really didn't like her that well because its the housewife/husband the provider sterotype. I'm somewhat of a feminist myself (beliving in equal rights/woman having the right to live how they want...) it didnt really bother me much, i guess I just assumed she wanted to be one?

I look forward to you playing the rest of this game!

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by SusanTheCat »

Cidz wrote: And, yeah the sprites could of used a little polishing, but considering she was able to whip up both sets in a day or two is pretty awesome! I thought she did pretty good for a nanoreno project (plus she was working on her own as well, and maybe another? i'm not sure...)
There is an amazing variety amount of expressions for only a day or two. Great job!

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

yanni
Projects: Neiderworld

#22 Post by yanni »

GREAT ENJOYED OIT COMPLETLY. l;iked the cheating you should have shown who the father was on one of them but if u played the other paths u figured it out

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#23 Post by Godline »

Played this today.

AND FINALLY! A STORY SET IN JAPAN THAT HAS ACTUAL JAPANESE LOOKING SPRITES!

Thanks for this! It irritates me to no end to see characters that are SUPPOSED to be Japanese with Caucasian features. The sprites of the husband and the paperboy were just perfect.

As for the story, it was completely haunting. The
non-existent child freaked me out and the endings were fabulous. I kind of wanted the protag to have a happy ending, but I guess that was never going to happen.
Great job all round!

Naru_san

#24 Post by Naru_san »

This game is not for entertainment but for reflection. It has difficult subject. These are problem and thoughts of a lot of women. Sorry, but I didn't understand - why? Why she cannot have a child?
Sorry for my English >_<

mohammed22

#25 Post by mohammed22 »

ehem! is this wise?

ryugroove

#26 Post by ryugroove »

Does anyone still have the game file? I lost my copy :(

narutochats
Regular