Reverse Robin (Nano '13)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Funnyguts
Veteran

Reverse Robin (Nano '13)

#1 Post by Funnyguts »

Reverse Robin is complete! This was an experimental collaboration I put together for fun during NaNo month. I got seven people to participate in an attempt to write a story in reverse, based entirely off a single scene. The resulting story is naturally weird and disjointed, but you can work out a coherent plot if you use your imagination! Thanks to everyone who participated. (And let me know if I screwed up the credits somehow.)

Download Reverse Robin for all platforms here.

Credits:
Designed by Colleen Potvin
Written by AbleKirby, CheeryMoya, Kokoro Hane, TAH, lordshadowsie, Miyuki, and Aines445
Art selected from free/CC pieces by Leon, OokamiKasumi, SusanTheCat, Widget, and justblue
Music: 'Mellowtron' and 'Klockworx' by Kevin Macleod (I know, but the game felt empty without any soundtracks)

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Re: Reverse Robin (Nano '13)

#2 Post by Kokoro Hane »

YES!!! IT'S OUT!!! *proceeds download*

EDIT: Just played through it, and man!! Intense, and confusing, but you're right....somehow, it *almost* makes sense! It was neat how everything hooked together, even though names sometimes changed and characters appearance changed. It was fun, and inspired me to make a crazy project one day~

I enjoyed being apart of this, and everyone else did an amazing job! ^o^
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

TAH
Projects: The Hellish Senses

#3 Post by TAH »

YES! DOWNLOADING NOW!

Played. And hahaha wow, it made sense and then it didn't... But it was really intense. Everybody did such a great job
I loved the part though about the missing pencil that holds the balance of the world and how the 'boy who's always yelling face' could never stop being angry. Quite humorous.
But this was very enjoyable. I'm happy that I was apart of this. ^^

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more

#4 Post by Kokoro Hane »

TAH wrote:YES! DOWNLOADING NOW!

Played. And hahaha wow, it made sense and then it didn't... But it was really intense. Everybody did such a great job
I loved the part though about the missing pencil that holds the balance of the world and how the 'boy who's always yelling face' could never stop being angry. Quite humorous.
LOL! I am glad you enjoyed it, that's the part I wrote XD
PROJECTS:
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

Owl City "Galaxies"

Aines445
Regular

#5 Post by Aines445 »

It was amazing XD.

I played this, and it's weird how it makes sense and doesn't make sense at the same time. It sucks that I only wrote a part, but I feel awesome for having collaborated. It's weird how even if I helped out, I had no idea how the game would be.

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#6 Post by clua »

Congratulations!! I'm downloading it too(Haha, I need a new hard drive orz)
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Miyuki
Regular
Completed: Culina: The Spirit of Cooking
Organization: TangerineTriangle

#7 Post by Miyuki »

Downloading and so psyched to see the final product!

[EDIT]

Just finished! It was a lot more cohesive than I expected, though I felt like the part I wrote was like, ridiculously cracky in comparison to the beginning. What a random interlude.

My favorite part was
when the reality show director was insisting on ordering certain foods so that it'd match what I made the guy eat in the next scene. It was so like, "why a potato?" "What's the deal with tacos?" and then I remembered that I specified what he was eating and was like, "LOLOLOLOL".
Man, I am so great at writing, my comment is a piece of art. I think this amazing story with all of its surprising complexities is melting my brain.

Any complains if I upload a youtube video of me reading it? I think it'd be fun...

Dangertyde
Regular
Projects: Anatidae

#8 Post by Dangertyde »

Aaaw, yeah!
This looked like it would have been really fun to join in, but I was too shy to ask about it, being new and all. Maybe next time?
Anyways, this sounds like it's going to be really enjoyable playing through, even if I wasn't a part of it.
Just gonna strategically place this over here...
Quack!
/CRASH
/hobbles away

Funnyguts
Veteran

#9 Post by Funnyguts »

I'm glad people outside the writing group are giving this a chance!
Any complains if I upload a youtube video of me reading it? I think it'd be fun...
Go for it.

Dawnfire
Regular

#10 Post by Dawnfire »

Sorry...I tried, but it made absolutely no sense, and it wasn't really terribly intriguing either...more of a big jumble of confusion and changing character faces. But it's good that your group had fun. xD
Writer/editor with native English skills and a bachelor's. Back after a longtime hiatus. Message if interested.

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#11 Post by Reikun »

I finally went through this the other day and I have to say that it made a lot of sense to me!!! (Maybe I'm a one-off crazy though.)
The only thing is that
The second to the last story (before it got serious with the Great Bruise and the ChaosRogue or something... was the player chara Narra at the end btw????) was really cracky!! I wish it had followed the ending more closely but what can I say, it was an experiment after all.
I think this type of writing experiment would be fun to see with a curated, serious group of writers out to make a cohesive story with the minimal information given. Something like named character sprite files just to keep things somewhat consistent between writers...

Anyway, it was a pretty fun read. I read it aloud to my sister while she was working on stuff and she was basically like "Wth are you reading!?" the whole time :3 Kudos to everyone who contributed~
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Kokoro Hane »

I notice the link is dead, but I managed to find the game in my old harddrive! (I was one of the participants in this little experiment). So I decided to upload the game here for anyone who wants to give this old NaNo'13 project a go! I'm glad I still had it because it's sad when projects become "lost media", but not anymore! Here is the wonderful, confusing mess that is Reverse Robin. Have fun ~
Reverse Robin-1.0-all.zip
(40.23 MiB) Downloaded 35 times
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"