Days of the Divine [fantasy otome] [NaNoRenO 2013] + Android

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

Days of the Divine [fantasy otome] [NaNoRenO 2013] + Android

#1 Post by Anna »

Synopsis
Long ago, in a valley where a small village lay, two deities fought each other. One was imprisoned, the other vanished. Yet some time ago, an unnatural mist began lingering in the village, dissolving people's memories.

Biyu, a young shrine maiden, is now working her hardest in the shrine of one of these deities in the faint hope the mist will one day dissolve. Even though her good friend also lost his memory, not all hope is lost; she meets a stranger who seems to be recovering from his memory loss, and rather quickly as well...

Features
  • 3 routes/love interests
  • ~35.000 words
  • original artwork
  • 1920x1080 resolution (smaller ones also included)
  • unlockable extras
  • our blood, sweat and tears
Download (v1.2) + Android
Yes, we somehow made it~ We nearly broke ourselves over that word count, dayum, but with hard work and determination we pulled through ;_;! Sadly, we could only include some small CGs because of time issues, but hopefully it will still be a nice read.

Have fun, and let us know what you think~
Attachments
divine--spoiler-free walkthough.txt
(2.21 KiB) Downloaded 7666 times
Last edited by Anna on Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:22 am, edited 6 times in total.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: Days of the Divine [fantasy otome] [NaNoRenO 2013]

#2 Post by Ran08 »

Wow, this looks fun! :) Downloading right now~

MJDAlleria
Regular

#3 Post by MJDAlleria »

I'm seriously starting to love the NaNoRenO Event
This looks great! I'm definitely going to download it.

Chibichann
Regular

#4 Post by Chibichann »

SOOOOO finally after my computer got kinda fixed,with your help,i completed the game so i loved how Biyu was supportive to all the bachelors in all the routes,but i was a little disturbed with Luifan's ending it did not end as the romantic way as i expected,but he was a very supportive friend through out the route with her
I wish I had friends like him :wink:
then second in my mind comes the god senrai,depressionist according to me no offence,but i guess he had to end up like that as he thought everyone betrayed him and everything,but he was kind in a way after,i also completed his route.Then comes the cutie pie of the game maru, i found his sad face and cheerful face sooo cute,and i must say you have worked extra hard on his route,his route had me all emotional
when he was saying biyu to runaway and eave him behind
.This is one of my favorite games,i have read so far,the music,art,writing were so soothing,
well i have to say you guys have really outdone yourself after reading you posts and previous works,i will look forward to other games :D
Last edited by Chibichann on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#5 Post by RunicV »

This looks lovely! Congratulations on completing this, Anna, you've really outdone yourself this time!
I'm sorry if I'm unnecessarily bumping your thread, I'm just so excited about your game~ I shall download this and give feedback sometime.
Once more, congratulations on completing this game! :D
Last edited by RunicV on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#6 Post by Akitsuki »

This one is for NaNoRenO?! I mean, it looks so beautiful and all, I can't believe you finish it in a month! Good job, really!
I'm downloading it now, I will tell you what I think later =v=b

enta
Veteran
Projects: One Moment in Summer(GxB/Supernatural)

#7 Post by enta »

I...I need to play this NOW. *downloads*
Will be back later >3

ngareci
Regular
Completed: Grinning Heart: the meeting & the voyage, Nacira

#8 Post by ngareci »

#Fall in love at the first glance for seeing the art
I love the oriental atmosphere!
Congrats for the release and have a nice sleep
Downloading it right now~ :D
Completed Project
Image Image Image
===========================
Deviantart

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Ran08 »

Oooooooh, I am still playing it right now, but I just have to say, Maru is so adorable! <3 I absolutely love him! :") Eeeeek, but it's hard to choose between him and Liu. :")

This is really so good. I love the story, the art, the effects, the sounds, everything! <3 Congratulations on the release!

fioricca
Veteran
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten

#10 Post by fioricca »

/glances around, am I the first person to actually review this game even though I wasn't the first to comment :D :D

I've just finished all three routes. Congratulations on an amazing game! If I hadn't known any better, I wouldn't have believed that you and Kiki did all this in one month. You're all monsters. The plot was actually wonderfully fleshed out, the routes were great and I love how they connected to each other. I'd be a little careful about calling this an 'otome' or a 'dating sim' because it's not actually about romancing dudes; this game feels more like a get-to-know-this-character game than get-into-this-character's-pants' game, which is what dating sims are more like. Other than that, though, great art, great story, and I see you used music from the site I recommended -- that makes me feel rather honoured! ./////.

I played Liufan's route first, then Maru's, then Senrei's. I'm not too fond of otouto characters, and I had a feeling that Senrei's route is the best, and I always save the best for the last. |D";; You guys really got me there, because playing the routes in that order really intensified Senrei's route. Having to hate him and make an enemy out of him in two different routes was heartbreaking ;__; But it made his route that much more satisfying when you've played it. His route had the most depth, and it was the only route which tackled the key complication of the plot, which was the origins of the mist. I grew to love him so much at the end, he is indeed a tragic character :'c I have a weak spot for tragic characters, especially if they are hot and pretty... o/////o

Liufan's route was a queer experience for me. He's really really cute, definitely the cutest character in this game for me ;_; I mean, he cooks! And he takes notes of everything! And he's super meticulous! Liufan is secretly a god, there's nothing he can't do. His route is really interesting though -- with Maru's and Senrei's, I could somewhat guess what I'm in store for (probably because of the character designs), but Liufan throws me off all the time. The biggest plot twist has got to be when he
stole Maru's sword and gained demi-god powers.
I really didn't see that coming at all, even though he's miraculous in his own ways. The battle with Maru was really cool, though, and I enjoyed that very much. Overall, Liufan is a wonderful painting of a character struggling against the gods, and he portrayed that well.
I was a little weirded out that he never recovered his memories in the end, but I did tell him that he can just be who he is... |D";;
Maru is amazing in how he's intricately involved in both Senrei's and Liufan's stories. He revealed a lot about the nature of gods, and about how gods can develop and change, which was really interesting. I am also totally shipping him with Senrei now after Senrei's route, because HATESEX a character intensely disliking another character is one of my favourite kinds of relationship dynamic lol ;;; As a character, he really stood out to me as he had the most poses and the most number of expressions. He actually did feel more real than Liufan or Senrei. Multiple poses does wonders, so your hard work with Maru has definitely paid off.

On the whole, this game has a great, solid plot, is set in an interesting world, complete with cute boys and entertaining side characters. Even though the lack of CGs were a bit of a downer, I still had fun and enjoyed the game. Again, congrats on a legendary NaNo release! Thank you for making the game! now let me muse about Senrei/Maru hatesex to myself

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#11 Post by clua »

Downloadiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiingg Might edit this post with my thoughts ;D!! Loving the concept and the visuals already!
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#12 Post by Anna »

Thanks so much everyone, we really hope we made something enjoyable for you in this event.
fioricca wrote:/glances around, am I the first person to actually review this game even though I wasn't the first to comment :D :D

I've just finished all three routes. Congratulations on an amazing game! If I hadn't known any better, I wouldn't have believed that you and Kiki did all this in one month. You're all monsters. The plot was actually wonderfully fleshed out, the routes were great and I love how they connected to each other. I'd be a little careful about calling this an 'otome' or a 'dating sim' because it's not actually about romancing dudes; this game feels more like a get-to-know-this-character game than get-into-this-character's-pants' game, which is what dating sims are more like. Other than that, though, great art, great story, and I see you used music from the site I recommended -- that makes me feel rather honoured! ./////.

[...]
Thanks so much for your lovely detailed review <3! It's amazing to see such in dept thoughts about the project haha, we really appreciate it very much. I also agree this isn't the average otome; we just like plot too much. We left it like this since you still pursue guys, so I hope people are OK with this.

Also yes! We can't thank you enough for linking us to that person's music, he is so awesome. You helped us out a lot~!

---

Update:
We found some bugs today, so we fixed them and updated the download links with the newest versions. If you had any problems, please try those :).

DestinyFailsUs
Regular
Completed: Destiny Fails Us: A New Life, Make It Last
Projects: Destiny Fails Us: A New Life, Make It Last
Organization: Strawberry Dagger Studio
Tumblr: DestinyFailsUs
Deviantart: DestinyFailsUs
itch: Sbds

#13 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

The game looks fantastic! I'm going to download it now. :)

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Ran08 »

Awwww, I have to say, I really love the endings! :3 (But I can't seem to get Maru's. Huhuhu, and he's my favorite!) I loved Senrei's the most since...
well... his was the only one where nobody was REALLY hurt. I understand that Maru was hurt at first and... Liufan just kinda disappeared there, but still, I love the ending. :")
I kinda Like Liufan's as well, although
it was pretty heartbreaking to see the people driving Senrei away, especially since I finished his route first and already knew that he is actually nice and kind, way deep down inside. :( Waaaaaah, and I am saddened that the grandpa died! I really liked him even though he was such a grouch.
-____-

Ahem. Um, I love the story. :3 I also love how the gods were portrayed, and how the "god system" works. You know, the orbs, prayers, followers and stuff. It's a bit sad for me. I dunno, I guess I never thought of it that way and I also never imagined it to be like that. :)) At the same time, it makes me really glad though. Hahaha. The story was obviously well thought, and also nicely written. Plus, we get some awesome music and amazing art. Hooray for that!

Again, congratulations, and thank you very much for making this! ^^

Ran <3 Maru

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by 15385bic »

a friend of mine was stalking the completed thread all easter break waiting for this game to come out XD

ddl now but wont have time to play until a few weeks later OTL

but congrats on the release! the style looks cool *A*