Days of the Divine [fantasy otome] [NaNoRenO 2013] + Android

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
NoahSindri
Regular
Projects: Truculence, Noraska:The cats valley
Organization: Sunset Productions

Re: Days of the Divine [fantasy otome] [NaNoRenO 2013] + And

#46 Post by NoahSindri »

I am just in love with this game!
It's characters, backgrounds, events and even it's music!
It is totally amazing!
Keep up the good work ;)

ixWishing
Veteran

#47 Post by ixWishing »

I only played about an hour of the game, but I'm in awe of the amazing artwork & story!
Gahh, who's route to go first is the question, haha.

Do you have some sort of a recommended routes list?
Like getting A then getting B, and finally to character C? (Sorry, I haven't remembered their names D: )
- Everlasting Dreams ;

shymel

#48 Post by shymel »

I downloaded this a couple weeks ago and I got really into it. I enjoyed the mythology aspect of the story. The art is wonderful and I really liked the game.

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#49 Post by Anna »

Thanks so much everyone, I'm sorry for the lack of replies - we really appreciate it, we just don't know what to say <3!
ixWishing wrote:I only played about an hour of the game, but I'm in awe of the amazing artwork & story!
Gahh, who's route to go first is the question, haha.

Do you have some sort of a recommended routes list?
Like getting A then getting B, and finally to character C? (Sorry, I haven't remembered their names D: )
You're really free to choose whoever you want first, but you can try this order if you want to go from shortest route to longest route: Maru -> Liufan -> Senrei.

bunartist

#50 Post by bunartist »

This was really well done! Loved the music choices and the story. The sprites were really quite good too. I love Maru, the cutie.
To be quite honest, I felt the writing was a bit awkward at times, but I'm thinking it's due to the time constraints more than anything. Considering it's a branching novel, even more so. Quite a commendable job.

I played through routes in the order of Senrei -> Maru -> Liufan.
Having played Senrei's route first,
it was rather sad playing the other two routes. That there was no redemption for poor Senrei in these alternate universes, is -sigh- . In terms of who lives, Senrei's route is the best possible outcome, hm.
I loved Maru's route the best! he's so adorable. I love Maru! The ending was cute and funny. :D

Finally Liufan...
Does he get his memories back? I'm not sure if I missed that part of the story or not. I think Liufan's route is the least good outcome out of the 3 routes. Grampie dies and Senrei too. Also, Liufan becomes a god, but it's not something that's necessary for him, since he doesn't care about gods. I feel like eventually it'd just become a burden in some way or another.

Overall I enjoyed your novel a lot!

Oh yea, something weird happened where some of the older save files would not load any textures and while playing the Maru route the box texture for choices didn't load for me. It didn't make the game unplayable but it was strange.
Last edited by bunartist on Tue May 14, 2013 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hiddenrabbit

#51 Post by Hiddenrabbit »

played the game within a night non-stop for all the routes. It was very enjoyable and I love Maru the best~ He's so cute and his ending was sweet. I played Senrei last and after play that I felt sad for him in Maru's Route. sigh good thing I played him last. Great artwork and story I wish it was longer but aside from that great job!:D

Dawnfire
Regular

#52 Post by Dawnfire »

This game was wonderful! The premise itself is very intriguing and original, with a really great cultural background and a strong plot. The art and soundtrack were absolutely beautiful and perfectly executed. And the writing was also well-done and very interesting, especially since the right choices weren't always clear.
Liufan's ending wasn't really satisfactory for me, but the other two were very interesting, and I loved Maru's ending. And my empathy for Senrei in his route was definitely a result of some good decisions on your part.
You really could make a long version of this commercial! Especially considering the time constraints, you did a great job and I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for your future projects. If you ever need anyone to write or proofread, I will beg to sign up.
Writer/editor with native English skills and a bachelor's. Back after a longtime hiatus. Message if interested.

adaira

#53 Post by adaira »

I really enjoyed this. Any complaints I have are rather unreasonable considering the time constraints- really, it's absolutely remarkable how polished and fleshed out the release is when you take the development time into account. I was only disappointed that it ended so soon. I'm looking forward to any future projects from you guys.
I didn't even really like any of the love interests- but that's fine, because there was hardly any focus on the romance. Biyu reminded me of Kagome a little bit- I really liked her. I'm sad there weren't more CGs with her or a portrait next to her name when speaking or something, but that goes back to the limited development time.

Syriacus5115

#54 Post by Syriacus5115 »

Hello, I've recently downloaded the VN installer but I'm having a trouble with getting it installed. I'm getting error messages that says 'Invalid or corrupt jarfile'. I have a feeling there might be something wrong with the java on my laptop, but I'm a complete noob in programming and computer-related things. I was wondering if you know any possible solution to this.

AxemRed
Veteran

#55 Post by AxemRed »

How large is the file? Maybe it really is corrupted or the download didn't complete properly.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#56 Post by 15385bic »

i was so happy to see the android version 8D
so much easier for me to play~~

so far have gotten 2 not so great endings but am persevering~~
great game so far, love the art and the story~

Syriacus5115

#57 Post by Syriacus5115 »

Ah yes, that might be it XD I've just checked the size and it's smaller XD sorry about that and thanks a lot o v o

Chibichann
Regular

#58 Post by Chibichann »

I cannot believe it :shock: you released an android version of this game i was almost in tears, i love this game and now it is also in an android version :mrgreen: i am soooo happy, sorry if i am sounding like a hypocrite.

Lunacore

#59 Post by Lunacore »

I absoulutley adore this o.o
The first time i kinda fell realy in love with a character, maru <3
Normaly i like the dark dude more but this time i just ahhhw <333

Ant-san
Regular
Completed: Snowdrop, The Demon Lord is Mine, PrinHero, PreOdyssey
Projects: The Three Princes and Adarna

#60 Post by Ant-san »

I've played the game and finished all paths~ and for a long time, this is a first that I didn't use a walkthrough :lol:
For my feedback...

When I was first meeting the characters, the one that interested me most was Maru since... he was bubbly and jumpy in contrast to the recent err... events. Thus, I was like, "I'm totally going for him".

In the end though, I got Senrei on my first playthrough. I was confused on the events on the latter part of his route, but I think I got the gist of it... anyway, I did enjoy it~ My favorite part was where he asked her to be his friend *sooo cute >v<*

Though... playing him first kinda 'spoiled' my experience on the other routes... cause on the last part on Maru's, I kept hoping that Senrei would be saved... and I just ended up becoming sad in his end... while on Liu's route, I was like... "nuuu don't hate him--" "nuuu don't kill him--" "everyone, just get along--- ;^;" and in the ending, I was just relieved Liu let him off... though I still felt bad that gramps was killed (even though he's an ass ^^") and that no one truly understood Senrei... but I did see that coming after finishing his path first...

But otherwise, I enjoyed the story as a whole ^_^

On the side note... do you have any plans to make an expanded version? Like add CGs and the grandpa ending with all the ninja action and stuff? 83
Otome game currently in progress~;)
Feel free to check it out ^_^

Interested in commissioning me?

Finished Project/s:
The Philosopher's War