Dys- [Psychological Mystery][Slice of Life] (first effort)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
problemgamerkt

Dys- [Psychological Mystery][Slice of Life] (first effort)

#1 Post by problemgamerkt »

Seeing is "dys-believing".
Synopsis
A would-be writer, beset by emotional issues, lives life minute-to-minute, until a string of strange events conspire to reveal that life isn't at all what it seemed.

A word count from label start to return came up with 20,501 words. I'd estimate ~30 minutes of reading time, although I'd hope for a bit more.

"Warning: Possible despair" is a line I've seen applied to another game (Memories of the Oblivious), and it's one I'd like to borrow, if I may. It applies here.
Please be kind, as there is more than one personal note to this story.

Credits are included at the end of the script.

Screenshots

Download (Windows, Mac, or Linux)
http://rpgmaker.net/games/5595/downloads/
Last edited by problemgamerkt on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alte
The Great Organizer
Github: nualte
itch: alte

Re: Dys- [Psychological Mystery][Slice of Life] (first effor

#2 Post by Alte »

Feedbacks regarding to the OP's description.

- The game you're trying to reference the tag [warning: possible despair] is titled: "Memory of the Oblivious"
- The link that you're referring to download the game is, http://rpgmaker.net/games/5595/downloads/
Ren'Py Cookbook Directory

I'm not affiliated with Ren'Py/ itch.io/ Steam/ etc.

Crystalleaf

Re: Dys- [Psychological Mystery][Slice of Life] (first effor

#3 Post by Crystalleaf »

The storyline is quite interesting. The pace was quite reasonable, if the pace was any slower, the plot twist would not have been as surprising.
What would have made the game a little more exciting in my opinion is for the game to branch out a little with each differing choice made, as it seems like the answers made by the player has little influence on the direction of the game.
Overall, it is quite commendable for a first effort.