Poyo Yo! Demon Preview [VN] [Fantasy, Shounen] [NaNo13]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
gem2niki

Poyo Yo! Demon Preview [VN] [Fantasy, Shounen] [NaNo13]

#1 Post by gem2niki »

Synposis
Yuu* holds no love for demons. Because of them, Yuu has always had to crossdress to hide her identity. When she joins GateLight Corp, a supposedly ordinary, renewable energy company, she never thought she would end up having to confront them.

*player's character

More info http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=19750

Screenshots
ImageImage
ImageImage

Features
-1 completed route
-4,993 words
-5 menus
-20-30 minutes gameplay
-artworks are not finalized. Expect it to be rough!

Download (v1.0)
All/Cross Platform
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2542h2yn5mp5d52

Team
Gem2niki [Original Creator, Art, Story, Script, Editing]
Lucathia [Story, Script, Editing]

Note:
My goal from this project was to try making a Visual Novel! Regardless of it being rough and not the whole chapter that I wanted to finish, I at least accomplished that goal! If there is enough interest, I will hope to make a more completed version in the future. Thanks everyone I met on the forum! It's been fun!

Any issues let me know!

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Poyo Yo! Demon Preview [VN] [Fantasy, Shounen] [NaNo13]

#2 Post by 15385bic »

this looks really nice
adds to "to play list"
OMG
too many games! damn u nano reno!

congrats on ur release guys!

Solunar
Regular

#3 Post by Solunar »

Wow! Your art is great. Downloading. Hope it works. My mac's pretty old, so some VNs can't be read.

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#4 Post by Alera »

Gem2niki, why didn't I know you're working on a VN! >w< *is a fan of your art*

I'm definitely trying this. <333
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

Solunar
Regular

#5 Post by Solunar »

Argh, no go again. Just to be sure I've been doing it right, I'm supposed to click on the file with Eileen's face as the icon, right? Or should I load up my own renpy and try from there?

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#6 Post by Ran08 »

Wow, I love NaNoRenO. :") So many new games! Downloading! <3

Aisserium

#7 Post by Aisserium »

Nice game! I like the art, and even if the art it's not finalized, I loved it too. The story is interesting, and I want to know more about "my" past and the demons.

I would like to play the complete version, someday...

And, I can't say anything, but just in my opinion, I think that you shouldn't do this game just if the people like it, you have to love it too...

snowp
Regular

#8 Post by snowp »

Just finished!

It's short and felt like a teaser, but if it were that, it certainly did its job. You got me interested in the world of the game with all the mysteries about the corporation, demons, the main character's background, and I most definitely wanted to know more about all the characters thanks to what little I heard from them and the awesome character designs. Especially the guy you gave water to. The writing and art were both full of life. I've been a fan of your art for several years now, and that's definitely one thing I love about it - it's fun and dynamic, makes me happy just looking at it XD

Despite the art mostly being unfinished, your skills on the art made a huge difference on the naturalness and impact of the game. Not stingy with cgs at all, essentially all important scenes had illustrations rather than just words describing it. The backgrounds too seemed so fitting... maybe I just hadn't paid attention in the past in other games, but I was impressed that the windmill bg actually changed when it caught on fire =P
Also I thought that it was interesting that you portrayed the main character as a boy when asking the player to name him (so I have him a boy's name), only to find out a second later that's not the case! A nice touch =]
In just this one chapter, there were so many things that went right (in fact I can't come up with anything that I didn't like... yes I was confused for a lot of it, but the pacing was good and it felt like that's how it's supposed to be for a beginning. and no point in commenting on GUI or things related to presentation), I really hope you'll continue this project!

pwisaguacate
Veteran

#9 Post by pwisaguacate »

I like the title screen background, and I was thinking I should try quick doodling + flat coloring for practice. (Hmm, it's mostly faces I'm having trouble with.) I'm also liking those watery lines in the other screenshots. I won't be able to reach Doomfest's level of work any time soon... =(

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#10 Post by Razz »

This was excellent. It's so refreshing to see a VN hook you in with the plot and get straight to the point without a ton of useless exposition. I'm very excited for this VN now.

gem2niki

#11 Post by gem2niki »

Thanks for the feedback~!!!
Solunar wrote:Argh, no go again. Just to be sure I've been doing it right, I'm supposed to click on the file with Eileen's face as the icon, right? Or should I load up my own renpy and try from there?
I dont have a mac, sorry T_T Hopefully you found a way to make it work. Running from Renpy might work?
Aisserium wrote:And, I can't say anything, but just in my opinion, I think that you shouldn't do this game just if the people like it, you have to love it too...
If I had all the time in the world I would do what I love, but I don't. There's a lot of other projects I want to work on so I have the tendency to move on to the next if I don't get motivated by interest ^^;;;
snowp wrote:It's short and felt like a teaser, but if it were that, it certainly did its job. You got me interested in the world of the game with all the mysteries about the corporation, demons, the main character's background, and I most definitely wanted to know more about all the characters thanks to what little I heard from them and the awesome character designs. Especially the guy you gave water to. The writing and art were both full of life. I've been a fan of your art for several years now, and that's definitely one thing I love about it - it's fun and dynamic, makes me happy just looking at it XD
Thanks for your review! Oh I didn't realize the naming part. My partner did that haha. Nice! Oh man, if you followed my work, you know how I jump around projects and fandom...

yukoneko

#12 Post by yukoneko »

Oh wow, I thought I didn't like nanoreno "at all," but this is amazing, I'm suprised I didn't think much about the art. The story sounds interesting, it really has great potential. And, =)), yeah, I sort of understand your feelings, if you're not interested anymore, then you're just not. Either way though I too really want see how the story turn out ^v^.

Aseret
Regular

#13 Post by Aseret »

I love the art actually, can't believe its only rough.
Despite its short length, I really enjoyed it and it sparked my interest! I really want to know more about all the characters, including the main character. I hope you'll release a full version of this game in the future (would you include a cg gallery too?) :) Awesome job!

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#14 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

This is really good! Please try to finish it.

gem2niki

#15 Post by gem2niki »

pwisaguacate wrote:I like the title screen background, and I was thinking I should try quick doodling + flat coloring for practice. (Hmm, it's mostly faces I'm having trouble with.)[/size]
Ganbatte! I've actually focused about a year of speedpaintings to help me speed up my drawing/painting skill.
Razz wrote:This was excellent. It's so refreshing to see a VN hook you in with the plot and get straight to the point without a ton of useless exposition. I'm very excited for this VN now.
Oh that is really nice to hear! In our case we were just trying to make the game short and at least complete, so we didn't go heavy with info and tried to keep it simple.
yukoneko wrote:Oh wow, I thought I didn't like nanoreno "at all," but this is amazing, I'm suprised I didn't think much about the art. The story sounds interesting, it really has great potential. And, =)), yeah, I sort of understand your feelings, if you're not interested anymore, then you're just not. Either way though I too really want see how the story turn out ^v^.
Yay! I think i have an issue where i can't focus on one stuff to long haha. But I'm really getting motivated to continue working on it. So much we have planned but didn't make it in the game.
Aseret wrote:I love the art actually, can't believe its only rough.
Despite its short length, I really enjoyed it and it sparked my interest! I really want to know more about all the characters, including the main character. I hope you'll release a full version of this game in the future (would you include a cg gallery too?) :) Awesome job!
That's great that you're interested in the main character as well! I always feel like MC don't feel as important in VN. If and when we figure out how to script a cg gallery, we probably will :D Thank you~