Poyo Yo! Demon Preview [VN] [Fantasy, Shounen] [NaNo13]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ixWishing
Veteran

Re: Poyo Yo! Demon Preview [VN] [Fantasy, Shounen] [NaNo13]

#16 Post by ixWishing »

The art is pretty~
I remember being on the WIP / Nanoreno section, I'm glad it's finished!
Downloading it atm!
- Everlasting Dreams ;

MJDAlleria
Regular

#17 Post by MJDAlleria »

I feel so behind the times.
I'm seriously digging this VN I need to download it.

The art so alluring... (studies it)

AeraMillenia

#18 Post by AeraMillenia »

Ohmigosh! The artwork looks so cute! And cross-dressing,that's a new one! It looks interesting,I'm already downloading it.Too bad there's only one route,I sure hope you'll think of making it more complicated.Oh,the characters look AWESOME.Sorry,I'm not with words ^^;

AeraMillenia

#19 Post by AeraMillenia »

Back again~ It was so short QAQ
But even so,I really loved it!! I hope more people get to see this!

When I first saw the title page,I thought Skye was the Protagonist ^^;
The plot is really interesting,I mean,DEMONS and ASS KICKING HOT GUYS,that's all I need to get hooked!
And even better,our MC has no heart (or wait,was it soul,I forgot)
Your art is AMAZING again,I really loved it.

I really hope you think about making a longer version.
Sorry about the noob review...

ixWishing
Veteran

#20 Post by ixWishing »

Woohoo,
Nox seems really mysterious... And cute. Haha
Can't wait to try out the other team's route~ :>
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Gumi-tan
Projects: Working on it...:)

#21 Post by Gumi-tan »

So I finished playing this a few days ago and I decided to make an account here just to comment. XD

The artwork is so nice! X3 I just love it! I hope you continue working on this, the characters and story are so interesting <3

Duskylli
Regular
Completed: The Mishka Effect, Fairly Dangerous.
Projects: Palette Swap

#22 Post by Duskylli »

I can't believe the art is rough either. The sketchy backgrounds gave a surreal artsy vibe. I thought it was supposed to look like that xD You could do the whole game like that and I wouldn't mind.

Really like the writing in this demo as well. The world and characters came to life without the writing being overly descriptive and long. The dialogue is fun too.

I enjoyed playing this hope you continue it.

lucathia
Projects: Poyo Yo! Demon

#23 Post by lucathia »

Hey all! Thanks so much for playing our game and letting us know your thoughts! You make us so happy. We'd love to hear more. Don't be shy. We are newbies at this, so I'm sure there's a lot we need to learn still. :3 By the way, I'm Lucathia, the one who was responsible for (most of) the script. ^__^ I've been fairly absent on this site, but gem2niki urged me to make an appearance.
MJDAlleria wrote:I feel so behind the times.
I'm seriously digging this VN I need to download it.

The art so alluring... (studies it)
Behind the times? I'm not sure what you mean, but it's never too late! I agree, gem2niki's art is alluring, hehe.
AeraMillenia wrote:Ohmigosh! The artwork looks so cute! And cross-dressing,that's a new one! It looks interesting,I'm already downloading it.Too bad there's only one route,I sure hope you'll think of making it more complicated.Oh,the characters look AWESOME.Sorry,I'm not with words ^^;
Both gem2niki and I are great fans of genderbenders, so we knew we wanted to involve crossdressing somehow! I'm sure it's nothing all that new, but we did manage to indulge in our own likes~. I also hope that we'll be able to expand on the game in the future. We have grand plans, but first we needed to make sure we could actually complete something! :3
AeraMillenia wrote:Back again~ It was so short QAQ
But even so,I really loved it!! I hope more people get to see this!

When I first saw the title page,I thought Skye was the Protagonist ^^;
The plot is really interesting,I mean,DEMONS and ASS KICKING HOT GUYS,that's all I need to get hooked!
And even better,our MC has no heart (or wait,was it soul,I forgot)
Your art is AMAZING again,I really loved it.

I really hope you think about making a longer version.
Sorry about the noob review...
Thank you for returning and sharing your thoughts after you played the game! It was short, wasn't it? I wish we could have made it longer! Oh, you thought Skye was the protagonist? That would have been quite interesting too! I really can't wait until we can get to his past... Though it's a question whether we'll even be able to continue that far. Nice that you picked up on something that will be a major plot point later on... if we manage to continue, that is! :3
ixWishing wrote:Woohoo,
Nox seems really mysterious... And cute. Haha
Can't wait to try out the other team's route~ :>
Yay, you returned to share your thoughts! I share your thoughts about that character. *nods* My avatar will prove to you what I mean, hahaha. I hope we'll be able to expand and include the other routes sometime!
Gumi-tan wrote:So I finished playing this a few days ago and I decided to make an account here just to comment. XD

The artwork is so nice! X3 I just love it! I hope you continue working on this, the characters and story are so interesting <3
Wow, thanks for creating an account and commenting! <333
Duskylli wrote:I can't believe the art is rough either. The sketchy backgrounds gave a surreal artsy vibe. I thought it was supposed to look like that xD You could do the whole game like that and I wouldn't mind.

Really like the writing in this demo as well. The world and characters came to life without the writing being overly descriptive and long. The dialogue is fun too.

I enjoyed playing this hope you continue it.
It looks quite stylistic, doesn't it? Heh, I wouldn't mind if the backgrounds looked like this in the final version either. XD; Well, except for that black and white one. You know, the one with the boxes. That one made me laugh, hahaha.

It means a lot to me to hear that you liked the writing in the demo, since I was responsible for that part, haha. I've never been all that keen on lengthy exposition. I guess it shows!

destiny_921
Regular
Completed: Closure [KN]
Projects: The Universal Hope (writer, WIP)

#24 Post by destiny_921 »

I'm just seriously tempted to throw money at the screen right now. Poor laptop.

Anyways, really, really good job. I feel like I'm playing a Pokemon-inspired otome with totally gorgeous art. The writing style is simple yet intriguing. As a writer, I'm really loving it. The characters tug at my curiosity, and I feel as if I want to play more.

Overall, amazingly done! :D Hope to see a full version of this game in the future.
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try”
– Dr. Seuss

::Completed:: Closure (KN)
::WIPs:: The Universal Hope

::Misc::
Writing Guide

Snowyx7

#25 Post by Snowyx7 »

Aah, it was way too short ;( you definetely need to finish it!
The short version was already real fun to play..and i like Skye the most xD i like all your characters here (including the main charcter) but hes my very favorite, and im sure there will be an interesting story to him...

StarryCub

#26 Post by StarryCub »

wow this was so good! i loved it! the characters and the story were so interesting! and i loved the art, and all the different music playing at different scenes! Please, please make a finished version!!! :0 I've been left hanging haha :) The only thing I would say, is that the PING when you use the load/save menu would probably get annoying in a longer version of the VN! Thanks for a great visual novel :)

gem2niki

#27 Post by gem2niki »

destiny_921 wrote:Anyways, really, really good job. I feel like I'm playing a Pokemon-inspired otome with totally gorgeous art. The writing style is simple yet intriguing. As a writer, I'm really loving it. The characters tug at my curiosity, and I feel as if I want to play more.

LOL Lucathia did say it felt like a Pokemon battle...though I didn't think of that at first haha. Thank you~
Snowyx7 wrote:Aah, it was way too short ;( you definetely need to finish it!
The short version was already real fun to play..and i like Skye the most xD i like all your characters here (including the main charcter) but hes my very favorite, and im sure there will be an interesting story to him...

Even though he didn't have much line, thanks for liking Skye~!!
StarryCub wrote:wow this was so good! i loved it! the characters and the story were so interesting! and i loved the art, and all the different music playing at different scenes! Please, please make a finished version!!! :0 I've been left hanging haha :) The only thing I would say, is that the PING when you use the load/save menu would probably get annoying in a longer version of the VN! Thanks for a great visual novel :)

Oh yeah, we ran out of time with finding a better sound, also it didn't quite work the way I wanted it to. I only wanted it to make that noise when you start playing, but it was everywhere! Hopefully we can figure that out next time!

Thanks again for everyone's feedback and comments!!

KochiyaChii
Regular

#28 Post by KochiyaChii »

Seems like a good game
I L I K E P L A Y I N G O T O M E G A M E S
and other games
that's pretty much it

Roseus Mirabili
Regular

#29 Post by Roseus Mirabili »

Amazing art....I feel like I've seen it somewhere else before....Ah anyways, the demo truly had me wanting me more and I'll definitely be looking forward to the full version when it releases.

Aines445
Regular

#30 Post by Aines445 »

That was amazing, I DEMAND a finished version! XD

The art was amazing, there were a lot of Cg's and backgrounds that looked good already, What if they were finished? They would be god-tier! XD Just the fact that there are a lot of CG's adds a lot to the story. The writing was good too, I really wanted to play all the routes! I really wanted to know all the characters,
Damn it Spark Y U no want me to join?!!!! XD Just kidding I know why, but that was still my reaction (*sigh*.....I want the finished version.....). Skye was interesting too, and Faing was cool, in a "Let's kick some ass!" way XD.
And the concept of the demons seemed interesting,
I kinda want to know the MC's past, too. Like what is her connection to demons, and that thing of being a human with no soul.
So, I'm looking forward to what you make in the future! (Finished version plz.....<.<)