A Troll's Fairy Tale [Otome] [GxB] [NaNoRenO 2013]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
TheOneTwo
Regular

Re: A Troll's Fairy Tale [Otome] [GxB] [NaNoRenO 2013]

#76 Post by TheOneTwo »

Hello! I just played the game, I got Damine's path at my first try aaaaaaaaand.... I'm not done playing yet. XD But I'll post later about my comment on the other guy. lol So, about Damine:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaa~ He's just way too perf!! XD He's absolutely my type! He's a casanova prince! For goodness' sake he's really adorable! I fell inlove with him. Especially at the scene where he got jelly about Acacia and Aeron's tickle-tickle scene. I just suddenly went giddy giddy about his reaction coz he looked like a little child! I was like 'Aww, you little.. Just admit you're getting jealous after seeing someone touched my body first before you.'

And the propose scene! That was really sweet too! And Damine's mother is really crazy.. But incredible! Though I was a bit disappointed why they didn't have a KISSING scene. And I mean on the LIPS! Not nose. XD

Congrats for having such a fab game like this! :wink:
Bish please, I'm fab.

Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

#77 Post by Morishita »

Vilhelmina wrote:Oh wow. <3 This.

I just played through all the endings for this, and first of all, I have to commend you for creating such a strong, female protagonist! Acacia really got to me <3 Some main characters are so plain, but she really has a personality of her own - and what a personality it is! Also, you drew her beautifully!

About the endings;
Damine's was my favourite - I really loved how even in the midst of all THE FEELS Acacia was still being very much herself. xD She had me by the time she punched him in the beginning, I was like "You go, girl! Don't let him say things like that". But then he turned all sweet and that was okay, too. <3

I really liked Edavine as well - he's charming and it's so nice to see him go out of his way to defend Acacia's so-called flaws. <3 But! On that route; I was REALLY bothered by the fact that she almost gave in to Aeron. o_o I was just SO SCARED she might actually go through with it - I get that it was because she thought he wrote the letters, but still. I wished she would have fought back and insisted more on that she didn't say anything. o_o But for plot reasons I guess it makes sense, it was just heartbreaking to see it almost come to that, you know?
Thank you for playing through the whole game ^^ It can be a little tedious since it's about 3 hours of reading but I truly appreciate it and I'm glad to see that you enjoyed it.
With the situation with Acacia and Aeron it is disheartening seeing him get to her like that. I've seen and experienced first hand how damaging and sneaky passive aggressive behavior can be, It can make the strongest person doubt themselves because from my experience they're approached at such a passive way that their first instinct isn't to lash out because they don't think they are being treated negatively when they actually are and that's what I was trying to go for with Acacia and Aeron. She responds a lot better to up front behavior and doesn't really know how to handle sneaky and passive aggressive behaviors that play mind games and mind tricks, but I'll have to try to do a better job at expressing that within my writing though that situation is kind of heartbreaking like you had typed ^^;
On a brither note it's good to see another Damine Fan so YAY! <3
TheOneTwo wrote:Hello! I just played the game, I got Damine's path at my first try aaaaaaaaand.... I'm not done playing yet. XD But I'll post later about my comment on the other guy. lol So, about Damine:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaa~ He's just way too perf!! XD He's absolutely my type! He's a casanova prince! For goodness' sake he's really adorable! I fell inlove with him. Especially at the scene where he got jelly about Acacia and Aeron's tickle-tickle scene. I just suddenly went giddy giddy about his reaction coz he looked like a little child! I was like 'Aww, you little.. Just admit you're getting jealous after seeing someone touched my body first before you.'

And the propose scene! That was really sweet too! And Damine's mother is really crazy.. But incredible! Though I was a bit disappointed why they didn't have a KISSING scene. And I mean on the LIPS! Not nose. XD

Congrats for having such a fab game like this! :wink:
Hahaha! I'm happy to see that you enjoyed it! I'm sure you're not the only one who would also like to see a kissing scene but I'm way to embarrassed to draw something like that so for now my heart can only handle drawing and typing up light hearted fluffy stories.....even though it was extremely embarrassing to type up what I did for this story but I made it through so YAY <3 Even though I'm getting so old I'm still so shy about so many things <3 but thank you so much for playing through it all and for leaving me a comment! I hope you'll be able to enjoy Edavine's path as well.

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#78 Post by merdeamour »

Helloo~! I played this game some time ago, and I gave you feedback on your blog... but I made a blog of my own and reviewed this xD Just in case you'd like to see the review. The link to the blog is in my signature (:

And, thank you for this game! ^^
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

Morishita
Veteran

#79 Post by Morishita »

merdeamour wrote:Helloo~! I played this game some time ago, and I gave you feedback on your blog... but I made a blog of my own and reviewed this xD Just in case you'd like to see the review. The link to the blog is in my signature (:

I remember who you are <3 You commented on my site under the name of apoeticalfriday right? Thank you so much for doing such a kind review of my game!! Getting reviews like these and comments and almost any feedback really helps brighten my day. ^^ I posted a link of your review up on my site as well! Between you, Narah and Ren, Edavine really seems to be all of your favorites hahaha! I think it's going to be really funny to see his response when he finds out that people thought that he was going to be a pansie fairy and not the shocker that he is when you first see him. ^^ I'm excited for the new proofread draft to be finished up and I'm excited and nervous to show the new cg's though I don't want to get anyone's hopes up because I'm still a newbie at cg's so don't expect anything dramatic. Just simple and to the point but hopefully pretty and fullfy <3
*Hee hee I still keep laughing to myself about peoples reactions when they finally see Edavine <3 He's the totally opposite of the usual fairies you see in fairy tales, don't you think so?*

TheOneTwo
Regular

#80 Post by TheOneTwo »

I cam back! XD

I'm done with Edavine's path!

So, yeah. I'm done with it. It's really awesome and sweet that he made letters for me and he accepts the main pro for who she really is. How I wish there are still guys like him.. *o*

I still prefer Damine, though. Ohoho~ :lol:
Bish please, I'm fab.

merdeamour
Veteran

#81 Post by merdeamour »

Morishita wrote:
merdeamour wrote:Helloo~! I played this game some time ago, and I gave you feedback on your blog... but I made a blog of my own and reviewed this xD Just in case you'd like to see the review. The link to the blog is in my signature (:

I remember who you are <3 You commented on my site under the name of apoeticalfriday right? Thank you so much for doing such a kind review of my game!! Getting reviews like these and comments and almost any feedback really helps brighten my day. ^^ I posted a link of your review up on my site as well! Between you, Narah and Ren, Edavine really seems to be all of your favorites hahaha! I think it's going to be really funny to see his response when he finds out that people thought that he was going to be a pansie fairy and not the shocker that he is when you first see him. ^^ I'm excited for the new proofread draft to be finished up and I'm excited and nervous to show the new cg's though I don't want to get anyone's hopes up because I'm still a newbie at cg's so don't expect anything dramatic. Just simple and to the point but hopefully pretty and fullfy <3
*Hee hee I still keep laughing to myself about peoples reactions when they finally see Edavine <3 He's the totally opposite of the usual fairies you see in fairy tales, don't you think so?*

Oh, Lord ((: Now that you mention it, my wip VN has a tsundere fairy in it. And he has pink wings. ((:

And, I can't believe you remember me O: Haha, it wasn't kind at all ((: I'm just honest. I don't do reviews of games I don't like because of that... I hope you liked my review~!

Wow, I'd definitely be playing it again, just to see the CGs xD And it's great that you have a new proofread version! <3

Once again, thank you for making people happy with this game ^^
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

gulabji

#82 Post by gulabji »

Oh, my goodness. I just got through playing all the paths. That was seriously wonderful. Awesome game!

Talann
Regular
Projects: Shooting Stars, REBORN

#83 Post by Talann »

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa~ I ammm soooo going to play this&&NOBODY is going to stop ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vilhelmina
Regular
Organization: Cassis Connection Studios

#84 Post by Vilhelmina »

Morishita wrote:
With the situation with Acacia and Aeron it is disheartening seeing him get to her like that. I've seen and experienced first hand how damaging and sneaky passive aggressive behavior can be, It can make the strongest person doubt themselves because from my experience they're approached at such a passive way that their first instinct isn't to lash out because they don't think they are being treated negatively when they actually are and that's what I was trying to go for with Acacia and Aeron. She responds a lot better to up front behavior and doesn't really know how to handle sneaky and passive aggressive behaviors that play mind games and mind tricks, but I'll have to try to do a better job at expressing that within my writing though that situation is kind of heartbreaking like you had typed ^^;
Ah, when you explain it like that I see how it was necessary. You've really thought her character and the psychology of it through - that's great! n_n
Artist/writer by night, MD/PhD student by day
Looking for medical fact checking / advice for your game? PM me!

art gallery: Vilhelmina @ deviantART | Founder of Cassis Connection Studios

Morishita
Veteran

#85 Post by Morishita »

TheOneTwo wrote:I cam back! XD

I'm done with Edavine's path!

So, yeah. I'm done with it. It's really awesome and sweet that he made letters for me and he accepts the main pro for who she really is. How I wish there are still guys like him.. *o*

I still prefer Damine, though. Ohoho~ :lol:
That's okay ^^ Thank you again for playing though it all <3
merdeamour wrote:
Morishita wrote:

Oh, Lord ((: Now that you mention it, my wip VN has a tsundere fairy in it. And he has pink wings. ((:

And, I can't believe you remember me O: Haha, it wasn't kind at all ((: I'm just honest. I don't do reviews of games I don't like because of that... I hope you liked my review~!

Wow, I'd definitely be playing it again, just to see the CGs xD And it's great that you have a new proofread version! <3

Once again, thank you for making people happy with this game ^^
You're so sweet! I've always wanted to do something cute and adorable but things always seem to turn out differently ^^;
I think that's a very good idea, to only review things that you like to review. I think it makes a lot of since because if you didn't like the game then why go out of your way to review it and tare down someones hard work with your words? I think my plan with my games is just to keep them light and fluffy as possible and to continue to have fun with everything I do. I really enjoyed your review :D Hopefully when I get my other games finished they'll interest you enough to be reviewed by you as well ^^
gulabji wrote:Oh, my goodness. I just got through playing all the paths. That was seriously wonderful. Awesome game!
Thank you for playing it Gulabji ^^ I'm happy you enjoyed it!
Talann wrote:Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa~ I ammm soooo going to play this&&NOBODY is going to stop ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can do it! <D Feel free to let me know what you think about it when you get done with it! I hope you like it! ^^
Vilhelmina wrote:
Morishita wrote:
Ah, when you explain it like that I see how it was necessary. You've really thought her character and the psychology of it through - that's great! n_n
With Acacia's personality type it was really easy to figure out her personality and reactions to things because she was so upfront so it didn't take me to long to do but I also think what helped me is all these years of comic creating that I have under my belt ^^ I still have a lot to learn with character development but I'm grateful that so many people where able to enjoy and still relate to Acacia. Thank you for the compliment <D Vilhelmina

merdeamour
Veteran

#86 Post by merdeamour »

Morishita wrote: You're so sweet! I've always wanted to do something cute and adorable but things always seem to turn out differently ^^;
I think that's a very good idea, to only review things that you like to review. I think it makes a lot of since because if you didn't like the game then why go out of your way to review it and tare down someones hard work with your words? I think my plan with my games is just to keep them light and fluffy as possible and to continue to have fun with everything I do. I really enjoyed your review :D Hopefully when I get my other games finished they'll interest you enough to be reviewed by you as well ^^
Yeah, because I don't think I'm good enough to be a critic or anything like that :P And besides, my blog's aim is to spread the word about free VNs made by hardworking people (ilke *cough* you *cough*) I'm so happy to know that you enjoyed my review! <: I'm sure I'll enjoy your other games as well, just judging from this (:
-Vincent van Gogh

Talann
Regular
Projects: Shooting Stars, REBORN

#87 Post by Talann »

I don't know where to begin....
Okay so I played this and got Damien's ending...
This VN actually made me cry :'(
I cried like 3 times while playing this.
And I swear I got butterflies every time.
Like literally, my emotions kept changing xD
Really really really great work on this.
I am like your new stalker now.
I will play every SINGLE game you make from now on xD
I just love this game and I am trying to get all the endings. Great job!
But oh, one more thing, sometimes you got your "their, they're, your, you're, there" mixed up :)
But other than that, GREAT story!
<3

HoneyDust
Projects: Dead man's Theory, Interwoven

#88 Post by HoneyDust »

I've just finished playing through it. I thought the story was pretty sweet and yet funny. I ended up with fairy's (Edavine's?) ending first and then Damien's. There seemed like there was a couple spelling errors in the game, but nothing that took away from the story. The story itself was my favorite part of this game. I loved the art, though, especially the main menu and all of the sprites' expressions.

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#89 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Alright~ First of all I want to say great job! I loved the art so much!! Plus the story line was very neat and creative- which made me like the story more.

Truthfully... The Damien ending made me cry ^^ It was just so cute and UGH!!!! I just loved everything about Damien!! I have't played the other routes yet, but am starting them very soon!

I look forward to another game you have created! So please continue making AWESOME renp'y games~

Overall I liked it a lot. The only thing that caught me off guard sometimes was the spelling errors... but it didn't take away from the story at all! So Bravo~

-silverpikachu99

(p.s, I LOVED the design of the MC! She was so pretty in a different way- and I love different! She was a kick-ass mc and im glad to have the change instead of a quiet and nice character so thank you!!!!!!~)
i'll cry if you yell at me

Morishita
Veteran

#90 Post by Morishita »

merdeamour wrote:
Morishita wrote: You're so sweet! I've always wanted to do something cute and adorable but things always seem to turn out differently ^^;
Yeah, because I don't think I'm good enough to be a critic or anything like that :P And besides, my blog's aim is to spread the word about free VNs made by hardworking people (ilke *cough* you *cough*) I'm so happy to know that you enjoyed my review! <: I'm sure I'll enjoy your other games as well, just judging from this (:
I'm a little nervous about my other games. Seeing the feedback from this one I worry that other people might compare the other games to this one even though the other two are kind of different. With School Memories that one is going to be bittersweet and with Curse of the Caribbean that one has more drama and horror in it; so I am a little concerned but I think that as long as I like it then other people that have the same mindset as me will end up liking also ^^

Talann wrote:I don't know where to begin....
Okay so I played this and got Damien's ending...
This VN actually made me cry :'(
I cried like 3 times while playing this.
And I swear I got butterflies every time.
Like literally, my emotions kept changing xD
Really really really great work on this.
I am like your new stalker now.
I will play every SINGLE game you make from now on xD
I just love this game and I am trying to get all the endings. Great job!
But oh, one more thing, sometimes you got your "their, they're, your, you're, there" mixed up :)
But other than that, GREAT story!
<3
Thank you so much for playing his route <3 It's really nice to see Damine getting some nice comments as well! I was so nervous typing up the story then I worried that me being nervous would make the romance part of the story boring but I'm happy that it didn't at all <D
I hope to not disappoint with the other games but I'm happy to have a new game player/reader!

HoneyDust wrote:I've just finished playing through it. I thought the story was pretty sweet and yet funny. I ended up with fairy's (Edavine's?) ending first and then Damien's. There seemed like there was a couple spelling errors in the game, but nothing that took away from the story. The story itself was my favorite part of this game. I loved the art, though, especially the main menu and all of the sprites' expressions.
Thank you for playing through the whole story HoneyDust =D I'm really glad that you were able to enjoy the plot of the story as well as the art! I hope that you'll be able to enjoy the extra content once I get the rest of the files back from my proofreader and once the voting closes sometime in June then I'll update the old files with the new content <3
silverpikachu99 wrote:Alright~ First of all I want to say great job! I loved the art so much!! Plus the story line was very neat and creative- which made me like the story more.

Truthfully... The Damien ending made me cry ^^ It was just so cute and UGH!!!! I just loved everything about Damien!! I have't played the other routes yet, but am starting them very soon!

I look forward to another game you have created! So please continue making AWESOME renp'y games~

Overall I liked it a lot. The only thing that caught me off guard sometimes was the spelling errors... but it didn't take away from the story at all! So Bravo~

-silverpikachu99

(p.s, I LOVED the design of the MC! She was so pretty in a different way- and I love different! She was a kick-ass mc and im glad to have the change instead of a quiet and nice character so thank you!!!!!!~)
Yay! Another Damien fan! I was starting to get a little worried that I didn't do a very good job with his route but I'm really glad to see that it's not really the case and it seems to depended on the person playing through it so Yay!
Feel free to let me know what your thoughts are on Edavine's path whenever you're able to finish his route <3 I'm also really gald that you liked Acacia design! She's my violent troll that's a closet princess hahaha!

Update time:
I received and email for my second proofreader and I was informed that I she has four more files left and she will be contacting me again this Tuesday in regards to her progress with everything and with June coming up I'm getting more and more excited to soon release the extra content section. I hope you all will be able to enjoy it. I have a few things in mind for the extra content also just as a side note I also wanted to take some of the comments from this thread and from my site and have the characters give their response to what might have been said about them ^^ I think it will be very funny and light hearted and silly so again I hope everyone will be able to enjoy that and once that's finished the next project up will be School Memories.