A Troll's Fairy Tale [Otome] [GxB] [NaNoRenO 2013]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

A Troll's Fairy Tale [Otome] [GxB] [NaNoRenO 2013]

#1 Post by Morishita »

Will Acacia be able to break out of her shell and find her true love? A fairy tale love story for a troll is a very strange thing indeed, because who could ever truly love a troll?
This is just a light hearted story with a silly bad ending and happy good endings. This is truly just a fluffy love story about a fairy tale troll and not the internet trolls. I just wanted to make sure there was no confusion. I'm sure there would be people interested in a story like that but this isn't that story ^^;
Art: S-morishita
Coding: S-morishita
Writing: S-morishita
Proofreading: KissofDeath, Cara Hillstockand myself
Download

*UPDATE:Here are the new download versions below:*

Mac Version
Windows Version
Linux Version

About Play-through
Genre: Comedy/Drama/Romance
Rated: T
Time: about 3 hours *Thank you Ran ^^*
Number of Routes: 2
Endings: 3
(2 Good endings 1 Bad ending)
Helpful pointers:
I will suggest that you follow Damine's path first then Edavine in order to get the whole feel of the story. Damine is the Unicorn prince and Edavine is the fairy.
If you don't want to do that then don't say that I didn't warn you because you might be missing out.
Progress update tumblr and 4-panel otome diary comic:
Last edited by Morishita on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 15 times in total.

enta
Veteran
Projects: One Moment in Summer(GxB/Supernatural)

Re: A Troll's Fairy Tale [Fantasy] [GxB] [NaNoRenO 2013]

#2 Post by enta »

Mwahaha!!! This looks interesting >:3 I'm addin' this to my playlist!

*downloads*

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#3 Post by Alera »

This looks great!!! >w< I'll definitely have to try it out~ *downloads*

I've noticed that you're improved quite a lot btw, art-wise, I like that *A*
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by 15385bic »

i officially love and hate nano reno at the same time
love - all the games that look so good *Q*
hate - too busy to play! QAQ grrr - if only this was released a week ago ....
ah well - adds to play list

KissOfDeath
Regular
Projects: Ikofá (In Development)

#5 Post by KissOfDeath »

I almost died when you sent the link to my email, and the screenshots were just bullets of happiness in my heart. Yes, that made no type of sense but oh well *shrugs* anyway I'm going play this soon bc you already know how I feel about the fairy~ :D ! It's just so nice to see that you've completed it after all the stress and migraine-pain (:'() Can't wait to see the rest of the art, and I'm glad I could help you out in some way (proofing) even if it wasn't that much on my part :D

Love! Love! Jahnarah! lol
(P.S. guess I can't give a review since it'll be a bit biased ^^; lololol :) )
"Build your own pyramids, write your own hieroglyphs." -Kendrick Lamar
-KissOfDeath

Completed:
RE:Set Episode(s) 1 and 2 (Proofreader)
*A Troll's Fairy Tale* http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=20160 (Proofreader)

Aseret
Regular

#6 Post by Aseret »

OMG I've been a silent supporter of yours for a long while now. Your art is gorgeous and your stories always sound so interesting & unique :D This game looks amazing and can't wait to play it!

Unfortunately, right after I download it, this is what it says:
"The Troll's Fairy Tale-1.0-win.zip is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous."
I can select either keep or discard. When I click discard and and then try to redownload it, the same thing happens every time? I don't understand why? I really want to download this game :(
Would it be safe for my computer to just select keep?
Thank you so much!

P.S. Can't wait for your other works to be released in the future as well <3

EDIT: Yep, I downloaded your windows version without any problems yay!
I'm gonna get around to playing it, once I'm not as busy :P
Last edited by Aseret on Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Morishita
Veteran

#7 Post by Morishita »

enta wrote:Mwahaha!!! This looks interesting >:3 I'm addin' this to my playlist!

*downloads*
Thank you very much for trying the story out ^^ I hope you like it!
Alera wrote:This looks great!!! >w< I'll definitely have to try it out~ *downloads*

I've noticed that you're improved quite a lot btw, art-wise, I like that *A*
I've been so busy with mine I haven't had time to try out the others but I was also shocked when I saw yours too Alera ^^ I think we've both come a long way in our art! Your art's really improved too =D Once I get some more rest I plan on downloading your game too ;3
15385bic wrote:i officially love and hate nano reno at the same time
love - all the games that look so good *Q*
hate - too busy to play! QAQ grrr - if only this was released a week ago ....
ah well - adds to play list
I can understand what you mean ^^; right now me and nanoreno kind of have a love hate relationship. Since I finally finished this years nanoreno I hate and love it because of all the stress and work it put me through. I'm not sure if I'll participate next year but we'll see what happens ^^;
KissOfDeath wrote:I almost died when you sent the link to my email, and the screenshots were just bullets of happiness in my heart. Yes, that made no type of sense but oh well *shrugs* anyway I'm going play this soon bc you already know how I feel about the fairy~ :D ! It's just so nice to see that you've completed it after all the stress and migraine-pain (:'() Can't wait to see the rest of the art, and I'm glad I could help you out in some way (proofing) even if it wasn't that much on my part :D

Love! Love! Jahnarah! lol
(P.S. guess I can't give a review since it'll be a bit biased ^^; lololol :) )
You are so SILLY!! Hahahahaha! It was so much fun working with you and once I get some more rest I plan on adding a few more sparkles to the story as an extra bullet. For now I'll keep it secret until I get some rest and get S-Morishitastudio caught up and updated. I missed celebrating my 1 year anniversary for the site because of work ;^; but at least I can offer my readers this story in return. You should also feel accomplished because you are apart of a completed story! Now maybe this can help you with your experience with your own story because you are so talented and you should really give it a try! I'm hoping they will end, at least the new med's have been helping and I hope this makes them stop for good and your proofing was a very big part! Don't you start saying crazy things *If I had a DC twang in my voice I would use it but unfortunately I can only do country with confidence.....*You had better cut that mess out ;3 You were like a huge life saver! Also you haven't given me your blog url, I wanted to post it on my website so that others know where to find you and biased or not a review is a review ^^ besides I'm sure I'll need to have that in my back pocket when I start getting some negative backlash from those who don't like the story so feel free to still send it my way to help keep me encouraged ^^;
Aseret wrote:OMG I've been a silent supporter of yours for a long while now. Your art is gorgeous and your stories always sound so interesting & unique :D This game looks amazing and can't wait to play it!

Unfortunately, right after I download it, this is what it says:
"The Troll's Fairy Tale-1.0-win.zip is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous."
I can select either keep or discard. When I click discard and and then try to redownload it, the same thing happens every time? I don't understand why? I really want to download this game :(
Would it be safe for my computer to just select keep?
Thank you so much!

P.S. Can't wait for your other works to be released in the future as well <3
Thank you Aseret! I' really happy to see that! I went ahead and downloaded onto my window vista and it seemed to download and play with no problem. ;^; I'm not quite sure why it's giving you that error, maybe since it's a new file that's just been created that's why it's giving that warning...I'm not entirely sure ^^; but so far it's been running safe on my windows vista if that helps to reassure you =D
Thank you so much for your support! That really helps X3

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#8 Post by Ran08 »

OMG, no words can freakin' describe what I'm feeling right now. :")
The game was amazing. Amaziiiing! Omfg I loved it. <3
I just... super duper love all the characters, all the scenes... ahhh, I am squealing so loud right now.
Aeron is so adorable! And Edavine is just plain hot! <3 Fudge! <3

Oh, and the art is super awesome~
Hmm, I still have a lot to say actually. :) If you have time... my whole fangirlish speech is here. :")

Thank you so much for making this game and brightening my night! <3

Morishita
Veteran

#9 Post by Morishita »

Ran08 wrote:OMG, no words can freakin' describe what I'm feeling right now. :")
The game was amazing. Amaziiiing! Omfg I loved it. <3
I just... super duper love all the characters, all the scenes... ahhh, I am squealing so loud right now.
Aeron is so adorable! And Edavine is just plain hot! <3 Fudge! <3

Oh, and the art is super awesome~
Hmm, I still have a lot to say actually. :) If you have time... my whole fangirlish speech is here. :")

Thank you so much for making this game and brightening my night! <3
OH MY GOSH! Thank you so much!!!! I didn't expect anyone to get through the story so quickly!!! I'm so happy you liked it! I'll have to post up a link to your review on my website because that really helped brightened my day!
Also I haven't watched that Korean drama but now that you mentioned it I should go ahead and see if it's on dramafever because I could use a good fluffy korean drama to sit back and squeal over XD
Thank you soooo much!! That really helped made my day and made me feel like all my time, work and effort was truly worth it! and I really have to laugh at your comment about Acacia's hair because that really reminds me a lot of what my family would tell me about my hair when I was younger hahaha! This makes me sooo happy!! YAY!

Edit:

WAIT! I have watched that drama!! That was one of my favorite drama's!!! I don't know how I forgot about it! They have two of my favorite actor's and actress on it!! I really want to watch it again now!!

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#10 Post by Ran08 »

Morishita wrote: OH MY GOSH! Thank you so much!!!! I didn't expect anyone to get through the story so quickly!!! I'm so happy you liked it! I'll have to post up a link to your review on my website because that really helped brightened my day!
Also I haven't watched that Korean drama but now that you mentioned it I should go ahead and see if it's on dramafever because I could use a good fluffy korean drama to sit back and squeal over XD
Thank you soooo much!! That really helped made my day and made me feel like all my time, work and effort was truly worth it! and I really have to laugh at your comment about Acacia's hair because that really reminds me a lot of what my family would tell me about my hair when I was younger hahaha! This makes me sooo happy!! YAY!

Edit:

WAIT! I have watched that drama!! That was one of my favorite drama's!!! I don't know how I forgot about it! They have two of my favorite actor's and actress on it!! I really want to watch it again now!!
Hahaha, you're welcome! :) And again, thank you, because I just love it so much. <3 I still can't get Edavine out of my mind. He really reminds me so much of a special friend of mine... :") Oh! And I'm also happy that you're happy! Yay! You made me so happy too! <3 ^_^

Haha, again, you're welcome! :D And yeah, it really is worth it because we can see all the effort that has been put into this to make it this awesome. :") Also, I forgot one other thing: I absolutely love how everything was tied together at the end. "It's a small world after all." :D Hahaha! Oh... and, this is probably the only VN that has ever made me laugh, made me angry, made me giddy, made me feel in love, made me feel heartbroken, and actually made me cry all within... around 3 hours. And really? ^_^

Omfg, you have?! Oh myy, I absolutely love that! I'm actually watching it on TV right now. :") This night is so great. <3 Hahahaha.

LadyAvori
Regular

#11 Post by LadyAvori »

Yay! This makes me happy. :)
Thank's for your hard work. I'll be enjoying this VN later this evening!

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#12 Post by KittyKatStar »

Going to enjoy this VN this evening. ^_^

Morishita
Veteran

#13 Post by Morishita »

LadyAvori wrote:Yay! This makes me happy. :)
Thank's for your hard work. I'll be enjoying this VN later this evening!
Thank you ^^ I hope you do~
KittyKatStar wrote:Going to enjoy this VN this evening. ^_^
Yay~ Thank you! I hope you like it ^^

Update
It looks like the traffic for the dropbox shared link was exceeded so I'll have to upload them on mediafire or some other place so just give me a little while longer until I can get the download links working again. For now I'll have to take them down until I can get some new ones up and working ^^; Please forgive me for the delay @^@

EDIT:
The windows download links is up and working now ^^
Last edited by Morishita on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wonderland
Regular
Projects: Fairy Tale Stupor [GxB] [Fantasy] [Adventure]

#14 Post by wonderland »

Waaaa~ I really want to play but somehow your links have been shut down? Or something like that.. :(
"Keep your head up princess, if not the crown falls.."

Morishita
Veteran

#15 Post by Morishita »

EDIT:

The windows download link is now up and working ^^
wonderland wrote:Waaaa~ I really want to play but somehow your links have been shut down? Or something like that.. :(
Forgive me ;^; I didn't realize that I would excede Dropbox's limit so quickly so I'm trying to get the files up on mediafire as soon as possible. So far it's saying that I have 39 min and 7secs left. Once that's all uploaded I'll come back and get the download links back working again. I'm so sorry about that Q^Q