Rei (GxB) (supernatural high school romance)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Aseret
Regular

Re: Rei (GxB) (supernatural high school romance)

#61 Post by Aseret »

Finished the game and like everyone else, I loved the memory ending!
Even though you made this in only 3 days, I felt so attached to Rei <3 He's adorable! I know you didn't make the art, but I just want to say it's really pretty haha. Wished there was music tho!

Also, I was a bit confused though on how
Rei *saved* Aya, but he didn't know her before? Like they only met after he died? But he died saving her?

Plus, one line that stood out to me was when Rei said:
You always do this to me. You're always messing me up. ... Mess me up more.
For some reason, that line struck me and it was perfect
Hope you'll continue making more VNs, since I quite enjoyed this one :)

sonnet009
Regular
Completed: Rei, Aloners
Projects: Wilder
Organization: sonnet009 games
Tumblr: sonnet009

#62 Post by sonnet009 »

greenheartnellie:

Hehe. It's always tough to go for the other endings when you're happy with the first one, right? Such a punishment...

yundili:

\o/ I get so excited whenever anyone says it made them cry. Am I turning into some kind of sadist? Also, yeah, my next project will definitely have music.

ngareci:

Oh, I'm so glad you decided to give this game a try! :) Thank you for taking the time to play and comment.

Aseret:
It's the idea of a stable time loop. Ghost!Rei asked Aya to save his life, but if she did manage to save him in the past, he never would have become a ghost at all, meaning Aya would never have met him in the first place, meaning she couldn't have saved him, meaning he would be a ghost, meaning they would meet, meaning-- everything just goes around and around in a circle. Aya being the reason he died is the only way to close the circle. Of course, this changes if you get one of the endings where she does manage to save his life. I'm just messing about with time travel at this point. LOL

From Aya's POV, she meets Ghost!Rei before she goes to the past to save his life. But from Rei's POV, Aya is the girl he met back when he was still alive, a whole year previous, and then met again when he was an amnesiac ghost and didn't remember her. Time travel messes everything up, basically!
BTW, I am so, so happy you mentioned that one piece of dialogue. It's lame to admit, but I was really pleased with that part of the scene and was hoping so hard that people would like it. So, thank you! So much! :D

Rei - a supernatural high school romance (COMPLETE)
Aloners - a post-apocalyptic romance (COMPLETE)
Wilder - a forbidden fantasy romance (2017/2018)

Follow me on tumblr at sonnet009 or sonnet009games for updates.

Aseret
Regular

#63 Post by Aseret »

sonnet009 wrote: Aseret:
It's the idea of a stable time loop. Ghost!Rei asked Aya to save his life, but if she did manage to save him in the past, he never would have become a ghost at all, meaning Aya would never have met him in the first place, meaning she couldn't have saved him, meaning he would be a ghost, meaning they would meet, meaning-- everything just goes around and around in a circle. Aya being the reason he died is the only way to close the circle. Of course, this changes if you get one of the endings where she does manage to save his life. I'm just messing about with time travel at this point. LOL

From Aya's POV, she meets Ghost!Rei before she goes to the past to save his life. But from Rei's POV, Aya is the girl he met back when he was still alive, a whole year previous, and then met again when he was an amnesiac ghost and didn't remember her. Time travel messes everything up, basically!
BTW, I am so, so happy you mentioned that one piece of dialogue. It's lame to admit, but I was really pleased with that part of the scene and was hoping so hard that people would like it. So, thank you! So much! :D
Ohh I see! This time loop business is super confusing. But it kinda clears things up haha. And yeah, you succeeded - I totally loved that line he said <3

Aera

#64 Post by Aera »

This was a delightful game and I loved everything about it! It's amazing that you put such a VN together in just 3 days. I'd give you a standing ovation if I could! I got memory and don't really want to try for the other endings yet though... maybe when I'm in the mood for a tearjerker.

sonnet009
Regular

#65 Post by sonnet009 »

Aera:

Thank you! Hehe. I know what you mean about needing to be in the right mood to purposefully go after tearjerker endings. It can take me months - sometimes I never manage it!

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#66 Post by merdeamour »

@sonnet009 Ooh, I forgot to tell you I made a post about Rei in my blog, anotherotomediary.wordpress.com :D It was so good that I just had to share it with the world xD
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

sonnet009
Regular

#67 Post by sonnet009 »

merdeamour:

Hey, I checked out your review. Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion. :D I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your blog!

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#68 Post by merdeamour »

sonnet009 wrote:merdeamour:

Hey, I checked out your review. Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion. :D I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your blog!
You're very welcome! (: I hope you enjoyed it. I'm playing more games from this forum and posting reviews on the ones I liked. GlassHeart told me she read my review, played Rei, and liked it. I hope I can spread the word about games here because you makers put a LOT of effort into it.
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

Parisa

#69 Post by Parisa »

I played Rei last week, I think. The story was really touching. I loved the fact that the ghost Rei saved Aya, because he badly wanted to do so (both now and when he was alive). Each part of the story makes sense. I loved Memory ending. Once again, it was touching. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will you make VNs like this again? By the way, the art was cute, but it seems that you haven't done that, right? But still I had to mention it.

cookiestruck
Regular
Tumblr: cookiestruck
Deviantart: cookiestruck

#70 Post by cookiestruck »

I downloaded the game and played it! I really love it <3 Like.. so much! :D
It was such an awesome game. I love the Ghost Rei, though. xD
I don't know, but this reminds me a lot to Rise of the Guardians. Jack Frost, you know? He got white hair as a Jack Frost and brown hair as the past Jack. o -o
And the memory ending was soooo cute :3

sonnet009
Regular

#71 Post by sonnet009 »

Parisa:

Aww, I'm so glad you found the story touching. And that it made sense all the way through. I tried to keep the plot tight. And the art is cute! I like the sprite and background artists very much.

I am working on another VN. It's quite a lot bigger and more work-intensive, so I'm not sure exactly when it'll be released, but I'm aiming for this summer.

cookiestruck:

:D Ghost Rei was supposed to be adorable, so I'm happy you liked him! I haven't seen Rise of the Guardians, but I have seen a lot of Jack Frost pics and gifs all over the place, and you're right. I hadn't noticed it before, but the hair colour change is similar. Ha ha!

inhalance
Regular
Projects: Seasonal Melody ♬

#72 Post by inhalance »

Just finished playing this. I got the Memory ending on my first playthrough, and I have to admit it was so cute! I love Rei, he is just so adorable! ^^ Great game and beautiful art too!
Offering proofreading help and writing assets.

Current WIP:

sonnet009
Regular

#73 Post by sonnet009 »

inhalance:

Thank you! I'm glad you think Rei is adorable. :) And, yeah, the artist is amazing.

MioSegami
Regular
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE PARADISE
Organization: BlueAngelService

#74 Post by MioSegami »

I played this game. It was a little too short for my taste, but it was good. The only thing that irks me is that the main character(protagonist) lacks character, while her friend which isn't a big thing in there has attitude and seems more enjoyable to actually play. If the characters switched i would have liked it a little more. BUT that's my personal taste. Well written so far though, but I wished Rei's past could have gone more deeper. Over all it isn't bad, I kind of liked it! :)
CLICK IT------------->viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40639&p=430149#p430149
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE ISLAND
Story: 15% complete
Script: 0%
Art: 35%
Outline: 15%
Code: 10%

sonnet009
Regular

#75 Post by sonnet009 »

MioSegami:

I agree that the story is short and parts of it rather shallow, but for a game made within the time limit of three days, this was about the best I could do. heh. Maybe with practice, I'll get better at packing more punch into a short game.

And we all have different tastes in protagonists, so I can understand not being very fond of Aya. The idea was to make her likeable and quirky without having her act too far out of the player's comfort zone. If Risa was the main character, I feel like the player would have less input when it comes to choices, since her personality is louder and more... rigid, I guess.

Thank you for sharing your opinion! It's something I can learn from. :)