Rei (GxB) (supernatural high school romance)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: Rei (GxB) (supernatural high school romance)

#16 Post by Ran08 »

Oh, finally done downloading! :3 I'm currently playing it.

When I first saw the sprites, I immediately thought, "That girl is familiar!" Hahaha. :))) I didn't realize her sprite was also used for a character in Ichigo! It looks really good by the way. ^_^

Um, I have a question though, how come sometimes I click on the text multiple times but the dialogue box still won't show? I thought it was lagging actually, but I realize it happened on purpose. :o Umm... why? If it's anything about the sounds, sorry. My speakers are muted and I can't un-mute them. :(

Risa is so adorable! :) I like her personality so much. Teehee. Well, so far. She seems really child-like though, and still so pure and innocent. Wahaha. I find it funny how she shows Taka her "affections" for him. :3

Ehh, I'm just gonna go back later. :) I'll focus on the game first. ^^

EDIT: Done! I got the Memory ending, and I don't think I want to get the others! I'm happy with this ending. :") I got Fate too, but it was really sad that I immediately re-played the Memory ending to get those good vibes again. :") Eeeeeek, it makes me feel so giddy! I totally did not expect that plot twist. Kinda sad... but... now that I think about it, it's really touching. :") Awww, I love the story! I love the writer. Wahahaha. Those dialogues messed up the speed of my heartbeat. XD Kudos to the writer for doing such an awesome job on this!
Looking forward to more projects from you~

elf22dao

#17 Post by elf22dao »

I loved everything about this game! The memory ending was the best and so cute, even if it took me awhile to get it.

sonnet009
Regular
Completed: Rei, Aloners
Projects: Wilder
Organization: sonnet009 games
Tumblr: sonnet009

#18 Post by sonnet009 »

philip:

Thank you! I'm glad you took the time to play through all the endings. :)

Mimi_Melody:

I am making Aloners. :) There should be a demo out for that this month, so hopefully that'll get you even more excited. (That's the idea, anyway!)

ixWishing:

Thanks for downloading. I hope you enjoy!

cross-chan:

Aww, thank you for saying such nice things!

ThataBR:

:D When you say Rei is cute, I assume you mean the character? I loved writing a guy who had two forms and so two sides to his personality. So he could be all adorable one second and totally tsun-tsun the next. Hehe.

Rei - a supernatural high school romance (COMPLETE)
Aloners - a post-apocalyptic romance (COMPLETE)
Wilder - a forbidden fantasy romance (2017/2018)

Follow me on tumblr at sonnet009 or sonnet009games for updates.

sonnet009
Regular

#19 Post by sonnet009 »

firefliesxxangels:

Well, as mean as it sounds... I'm very glad I got you to almost cry! Hehe. I was aiming for the heartstrings. :P

teacup:

Thank you so much. I say "made in 3 days" like a disclaimer - you know, like, "Hey, don't expect perfection!" - but I did put a lot of effort into the story in particular, so it means a lot to me that you liked it. I do regret not leaving enough time to put in music, but I just couldn't make it all fit together the way I wanted. But at least I've learned a lesson for next time! :)

Ran08:

There are some sound effects that pause the game while they play. Sorry if that's a bit obnoxious, but there are only three or four instances throughout the game. Just some running footsteps or a school bell. I'm so glad you liked the writing, since that's really all I have to offer that is entirely my own. Haha!

elf22dao:

Eee! "Memory" was one of my favourite things to write. I'm happy you finally got to see it! Hehe.

Devil's Truth
Projects: Sky Love
Organization: Celestial Nighte

#20 Post by Devil's Truth »

Wow... It looks amazing! And for it to be done in THREE DAYS?!?!?! Shocking. I'm currently downloading the game.
The spirites look amazing as well :) I'll write again once I finish one ending.

EDIT: I got the ending Memory. And Oh, My, Gods. That was so sweet. The writing was grammatically correct, and the story line was awesome. It was a pity that there was no music, but the plot definitely made up for it. Though it was short, it had a deep story behind it. I absolutely loved Rei, his personality, appearance and all. He was so cute :) Risa was a bit annoying for me, but she played the high school girl pretty well, so I give her a thumbs up as well. So... Overall it was a really good game. I loved it.
My signature...
Let's see. I'm Devil's Truth from Celestial Nighte. I am awesome. Mwahahaha~ Just kidding :)
Okay, Celestial Nighte is a one woman production, and it's current project is:
Mythical Fantasy/GxB/Otome Romance/School Life
OMG I made it a link!! *Cheer*

KochiyaChii
Regular

#21 Post by KochiyaChii »

Played this and it was actually good :)
I L I K E P L A Y I N G O T O M E G A M E S
and other games
that's pretty much it

Kopin

#22 Post by Kopin »

Oh, gods, I don't even. I had to make an account just to tell you how awesome this was. And uh, I'm usually a very silent supporter. Dude, I think I cried a little. It was that line that I dun wanna mention 'cause it might be considered a spoiler and I dunno how to deal with those. But but, it was like, one that I dismissed like, "oh, hah" and then it just came back and I was jus' like, "ohmahfriggin'". Sorry, prolly don't even understand half of what I'm sayin'. XD But, you know, good job. I like you.

CatyCats
Regular

#23 Post by CatyCats »

I've played and it was really a touching story, and I'm so glad i got the best ending (memory) at first try <3
iv tried to get the others too, and they were sad :c
Lovely done!

Ordog
Regular

#24 Post by Ordog »

Wow this game was really great.

I actually enjoyed all the endings. (Memory was great but I might have prefered fate ?)
I also liked reading the different dialogues you get at the end of Memory's ending (Hugging, kissing,laughing).

But of course it is always too short xD

Virelai
Regular

#25 Post by Virelai »

Ohmygosh. I downloaded this, and I loved it so much. It was incredibly heartfelt. And the art was just a great. I literally wanted to kiss the screen. It's one of the best and most meaningful novels I've read. And I've read plenty.

Akuni
Regular

#26 Post by Akuni »

[REDACTED]
Last edited by Akuni on Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sonnet009
Regular

#27 Post by sonnet009 »

Devil's Truth:

Unfortunately, I can't take credit for how good it looks, since I gathered all the assets from various widely available sources, though I agree that they are awesome. But the writing is completely mine, so I'm glad you liked that too. :D Risa is kinda annoying, huh? Hehe. Though it was a lot of fun to write her genki dialogue.

KochiyaChii:

Thank you. :)

Kopin:

Wow! This feedback made my day! Maybe my next two days! I'm not exactly sure which line you're referring to (I sprinkled foreshadowing around in a few places) but I'm really, really pleased the story was able to have an emotional effect. S'what I was hoping for!

CatyCats:

Aww, yeah. Sometimes I wonder if maybe I made "Memory" too easy to get, since people tend to get that first and then all that's left is the sadder stuff... But, oh well. I was thinking of people like myself, who can get so frustrated trying to get the best ending that, by the time they manage, they barely care about the story anymore.

Ordog:

Ooh. You might have preferred "Fate"? That's interesting.
In my mind, the endings are all on the scale of bittersweet. And the sweet of Fate is in preserving the timeline, while still being able to help Rei's spirit find rest. So I like that ending, too. Even if I think Aya would need time to come to terms with it. And I'm glad you liked the different dialogues at the end. The idea was so that, if people actually didn't like Rei (the character) very much, they could still get the upbeat ending without having to suck face or confess their undying love or whatever. Heh.
Virelai:

Aw, thank you so much. :) I can't take credit for the art, but I am so, so glad you found the game to be meaningful.

Akuni:

Good timing! I actually put up a guide a few hours ago. And thank you for the nice words!

StarryCub

#28 Post by StarryCub »

wow i loved this so much! the story was so smooth and so well written, it was a really original game (even if the highshool ghost is something that has been done before in other genres, i've never played an otome game with it, and i never expected the twists -it felt entirely fresh and new and was really exciting to play!)
The memory ending was so sweet :') So glad it ended happily i dont think i could have dealt with one of the sad endings!
Thank you for such a great VN, and please make more! :D

Akuni
Regular

#29 Post by Akuni »

[REDACTED]
Last edited by Akuni on Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sekai sora

#30 Post by Sekai sora »

kawwwii game ^_^

the story is great i like the game

and rei it's sad then he die but

he come back in the end

great game sonnet009 ^O^