Summer Paradise (GxB)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Angie
Regular

Re: Summer Paradise (GxB)

#91 Post by Angie »

I just finished checking out this game so I thought I will state my opinion :3

First thing, that really caught my attention was that the plot goes really quickly. You don't really realize what was today and what yesterday and it gets mixed up. Also, in my opinion she is talking with guys like she left for a summer or a few months and get back, not a few years. The beginning could me described a little more and they should be a little more awkward around each other (I think).

For example,
Why Mark tolerate her at the very beginning and doesn't shouts something like: "You didn't try to get in touch and now you're coming back?" or "You didn't even get in contact with us and now you act as our friend?"

If he was so angry at her, well, I do not understand his behaviour.
James route is nice, even though you admit something lacks there, but still! You could work a little more on ending, it really does comes way too fast, like... Whatever the hell is happening there...?

These are my major objections. You may think I'm brutal, but I am not, exactly. The plot is interesting and the game has more potential. I enjoyed all of the routes, and I greatly enjoyed the game.

Another little thing is, you could work a little bit more on sprites, it's visible not the whole background was erased, and if you know your way around in graphic programs, you can easily do it. If you do not, just google erasing backgrounds. There are many tutorials and this would improve the game experience greatly.

If I were to rate the game, I'd gave it 3,5/5. What I enjoyed the most was the lovely personality of main character (thank God it stays the same no matter what route you pursue! Good work on that), the interesting information about your (I assume) language, I actually feel like I've learnt something! Tee-hee! Also, I love Arvin's character. I just wish there were more details about him, like... Casey could explore his actual life a little bit more. I'd love that.

Well, that's it! You have done a great job, and I wish you more successes!
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder

Suzumi Hiyoko

#92 Post by Suzumi Hiyoko »

did anyone notice that the characters' clothes doesn't change?

Q:does anyone here knows about Manga Studio or any renpy game maker use it?

Sleipnir56
Veteran
Completed: Under the Sycamore Tree,Timeless-D Gray Man VN(NanoRenO 2014)
Projects: Chocolate Kiss
Organization: SleiphericWings

#93 Post by Sleipnir56 »

Suzumi Hiyoko wrote:did anyone notice that the characters' clothes doesn't change?

Q:does anyone here knows about Manga Studio or any renpy game maker use it?

Sometimes in visual novels the makers don't have their character in different clothes. It's common.

Suzumi Hiyoko

#94 Post by Suzumi Hiyoko »

what is the real name of the bgm "twinkle"?

I think its an anime bgm but I don't know the title of the song

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#95 Post by Ran08 »

@Suzumi Hiyoko
Do you mean the sprites? I'm sorry, haha, those are actually pre-made sprites. That's why they don't look Filipino at all. Why are losing confidence in the Japanese language, though? :o It's a really nice language. I personally self-study it.

Also... um, I'm not sure exactly. I think that's the real name of the file. You can find more of these at Noveler's Material and Incompetech!

@Angie
Wow, thank you for the thorough critique! It's okay, it's not brutal at all! Haha. I really appreciate it. I'll make sure to keep those points in mind, so that my future games would be better than this. :) Ahaaa, also, if ever I do a remake of this in the future, those comments of yours will be a huge help to me. So thank you very much!

Aww, thank you! I'll work on improving how I create stories in general, don't worry. :D I'm just really touched (and very glad) that you enjoyed this little game of mine! Thank you so much for playing and leaving a detailed feedback. Very, very helpful. <3

Suzumi Hiyoko

#96 Post by Suzumi Hiyoko »

I recommend you to create a game using manga studio 5 EX 3D models =D I tried creating one for myself and still not finish but still I want to see the stories you will make (but don't include Philippine languages cause this game request must be from Japan) in manga studio you can adjust the characters poses or draw your own character
you may change their hair style if you want and change their clothes
you can also use its backgrounds they also have items that can used in your story
but you need to set up their size in Photoshop CS6 cause if you saved it in Manga studio their size was so big
I look forward seeing your works using Manga Studio
try downloading the cracked
I have a sample gif file here
Attachments
Yehey!ki.gif
Yehey!ki.gif (81.63 KiB) Viewed 1011 times