A Very Splendid Otome Game [PPHS Jam]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

Re: A Very Splendid Otome Game [PPHS Jam]

#31 Post by Akitsuki »

To be honest, I didn't expect myself that I'll love this VN o__o It's easy to tell why since it looks plain with unusual plot because I thought it'll be like the girl falls in love with a cake, literally a cake in the cake form ("._.) But after giving it a try, I don't regret spending some times reading it! And I simply love Tira~ *A* He and the MC perfectly suit each other. I really want to know what happen between them next.

Overall, it's a sweet and light VN. Thanks for making it!

Chihiko0192

#32 Post by Chihiko0192 »

Aww! This game was so cute! I loved it XD I hope you continue to make more games~ :D

Mikae

#33 Post by Mikae »

Endearing gem of a game. It truly is splendid. If this is what you guys can come up with in 48 hours, why, I'd just die if you were given more time - imagine what you could do! I loved the dialogue, adored the characters, and was tickled pink by the premise. Did I mention I'm smitten by the writing? No? I LOVE IT *parades inner fangirl*

My only complaint is that I NEED MOAR XD

If you were to expand on this further to a magical bakery otoge, or a full-fledged VN, you have my full support. I'm definitely willing to pay for it. It would be such a pity and a waste of talent to do otherwise T_T

Thus ends my pitch trying to get your team to create more of this splendid universe XD In any case, amazing job and keep up the great work! I'd better stop while I'm ahead, before I exhaust all these synonyms :P Cheers!

Sharane
Regular

#34 Post by Sharane »

I don´t mind there is no backgrounds or music in your game because even without this, it´s a game with big "G". I like the ideas like this one
though I was sorry for her as she worked so hard to satisfy her boss and after all, the cake was gone. Well, transformed to a Tiramisu guy actually :D
By the way, the line: "What´s your name" ... "Tiramisu" is amazing :lol: And "I will probably die if I leave your side." was so sweet like the real Tiramisu.
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

azuki_beans

#35 Post by azuki_beans »

Awww I loved this game sooo much- I thought it'd be a silly thing, since a cake becoming a person sounds kind of silly - but Tira was SPLENDID XD He was sooooo cute and soooo sweet (and sometimes so funny too ^^)<3
Oh, and I loved the main character so much- she was sooo funny!! Anyways, I hope that you can make other VNs like this one (omg, you just made it in 2 days?? @_@ I wish I had your talent!). :) Please, do expand this universe when you have time ^.^!!!

FjärilPrincess
Regular

#36 Post by FjärilPrincess »

This was truly a splendidly splendid game <3.I enjoyed every minute of it.I laughed immediately when I realized how much the MC was trying to deny that she was falling in love with a cake that was near-sighted xD.

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

#37 Post by OokamiKasumi »

That was actually quite --please forgive the pun-- sweet.
-- The characters were beautifully drawn, and beautifully written too. It could use a little more proofing in the sentence structure, but it wasn't distracting enough to spoil the game. I really liked the personalities of all the characters, but especially the cake's. I thought the story might turn a bit too sugary, (too many romances do,) but I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it balanced out nicely.

Good work! I very much enjoyed the game.

I apologize for taking so long to play it. I have no idea how I missed it!
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

MiloMotion

#38 Post by MiloMotion »

Hello there, made an account on here just so i could share this with you :)

I do videos on YouTube and thought it would be fun to try and record this game, so i did and the first part have just been uploaded :3

(i really dont know how to make this like work) [Fixed - PyTom]

I added music myself, and i did a couple jokes about it all, so sorry if it seems like i hate the game, i really don't i ended up really liking the game :3

I would like to see more from you guys, considering this was done in only 48 hours im really impressed by how cute and "real" you made the story, its possible to make you feel one with the main character in such a short time and i think thats, as Tira would say, very splendid ;)

Alia
Regular

#39 Post by Alia »

I played this game a couple years ago, really enjoyed it, and then forgot about it until I ran across a review.
I'm so very glad I found it again.

First playthrough today I got the true ending, and couldn't remember if I'd liked the other endings enough last time to potentially ruin the warm fluffy feeling. Luckily, I'm a completionist. The bad endings were zany and enjoyable (though if the "quite horrific" ending you wanted to make was worse than the
accidentally eaten
bad end, I'm kinda glad the artist vetoed it... X) And the normal ending was just as good as the true one: bittersweet and emotionally realistic, it was very satisfying.

The game had a great choice-to-text ratio. A very short game with two-to-four choices seems way more fun to me than a longer one with the same small number.
I also appreciated the way choice was obviously tied to consequence: if you were negative to Tira, you didn't get the "in love" ending. (It's frustrating when something like which random direction you decide to turn determines whether you can get a good ending.)

As has been said, Tira's art was lovely, classy, and perfect for a tiramisu. I feel like the absence of background pictures really set him off to good advantage!

It was really beautiful the way you whipped together humor (both madcap and dry) with philosophic reflections (on goals, self-worth, and relationships) without it feeling awkward or heavy-handed. That's a serious achievement. Is it easier or harder with a short game?

Thank you so much for making and sharing this very splendid otome game!

Lyalicia

#40 Post by Lyalicia »

What can I say: I loved it!!!
So simple and yet so original :D

BáiYù
Regular
Completed: This Life Escapes Me, Up All Night, Lotus: The Self-Made Witch
Projects: Various
Organization: tofurocks, Fiendish Fiction, Spider Lily Studios
Github: baiyu-dev
itch: tofurocks

#41 Post by BáiYù »

Reviving thread because everything is cake.

The original website is down but you can still play it on the Web Archive.
https://web.archive.org/web/20170730115 ... /otoge.php
Games and supplementary Ren'Py codes

Alia
Regular

#42 Post by Alia »

BáiYù wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:50 pm The original website is down but you can still play it on the Web Archive.
https://web.archive.org/web/20170730115 ... /otoge.php
Thanks for the link!