Daphne

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sonya
Veteran
Completed: Café Rouge, Skights, High School Otome
Deviantart: winechan

Daphne

#1 Post by Sonya »

A very short visual novel created with an emote(emofuri) animated character. It's very short that it would be considered a demo, but hey it took a long time to make and I feel like it's finished and a complete novel, even though it's short!
Plus I took some time to perfect the flow of the acting expressions of Daphne to flow along with the script of this short visual novel. Hope her acting is good ;)
ImageImage
I'd love to have your opinion on her everyone! :D

Zhyx25

Re: Daphne

#2 Post by Zhyx25 »

It seem interesting going to download it NOW..
Regret is a powerful poison. The more you harbor those thoughts, the harder it is to move on.

Sonya
Veteran

#3 Post by Sonya »

Aha, this is a browser based engine *^*

You can play it directly in the link I put, it's very convenient! :)

csky
Regular
Completed: Perceptions of the Dead, Embers of Magic
Projects: Various Commissioned Artwork

#4 Post by csky »

I find this really interesting, both the animation and the browser based aspect of it. I think maybe you should write up some commentary explaining how you did things and what you see it could potentially do with visual novels. I know for sure I would like to read up about what you've done and how you've done it.

I noticed that she stops being animated and freezes when she is in the second pose (With her head lifted up) is this just how it is or is something playing up?

Sonya
Veteran

#5 Post by Sonya »

Oh yeah, I'll probably elaborate on her more and have her explain how the animation works (haha I never thought of that, it's a really good idea)

And oh! I think for some people depending on how well their computer and internet connection is, since the animation sheet is quite big, while it plays the animation it lags so that way you don't see it until it ends. It happens to me too sometimes. but if you play to the end of the visual novel (it's 7 pages, not that long) you can restart it, and every time I restart it the sprite animation works perfectly normal and doesn't lag!