Will edit with feedback.
I jotted down initial impressions and whatnot in a notepad as I was playing but I'll just throw up a few of them (but I'll write them as I scribbled them down since I find the lack of context pretty amusing :p haha. (spoilered as to not spoil it for others)
1. Dat glorious size changing window.
2. Dialogue box seems to bright and pastie, transparency would go well here.
3. Name in the dialogue box too low, would look much better on the top line.
4. Oh cool, time limit!
5. Jumpy sprites! Ahhh!
6. I wanna play highway fighter!
7. Going to Clay's results in crash.
And some context
1. I run an unusual variety of resolution on my monitors and am consistently screen shifting. I noticed that the window wasn't locked first up, +1 Kato point!
2. Pretty self explanatory! It seems too intrusive, taking up so much space yet still being 100% opaque.
3. It seemed odd how the name wasn't on the top line of the dialogue box, yet when Lee was using internal monologue the text started on that same second line.
4. Thought there was going to be a time limit so one could gauge just how far through the game one is. Was a little let down that stating his brother would be back soon and the use of day quotations did not lead to this.
5. Happens with all the sprites but was evident with Rosa. When the sprite changes pose, due to the lack of transition, it's evident that they aren't lined up 100%. It wasn't so bad for Clay where her poses changed drastically but when Rosa's poses changed which were really just facial expressions and maybe arms (I can't honestly remember) her hips and legs, although not changing, jumped a few pixels to the right. If it were a longer game, it would have drove me insane, not so much for a shorter on like this though :p
6. The sudden music change into that awesome song made me giggle, A CG or two wouldn't have gone astray here to prolong this scene (since it's also when Clay's personality changes, seemingly.)
7. Lastly, and error in the script. Choosing to go to Clay's house for her birthday resulted in an error stating alien_ending wasn't defined. Since it was possible to skip over it I assume it was just an image or?...
Anyway! Besides a few cosmetic stuff it was pretty fun. I would like to have seen more indepth character development and, as a result, a longer game but for a nice chilled out way to spend some time on a Wednesday night it did a good job! Writing was comfortable to follow, things just moved a little too quick XD
4 days from hate to love?
Boy, that escalated quickly! All in all though, good job! I'll try take the other routes sometime (I was really sure I had the bad ending right up until the end, haha).
Props on being the first BxG game I've seen here in a while. Bringing it back baby!