Eye Love [GxB] [2short4u]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

Eye Love [GxB] [2short4u]

#1 Post by Applegate »

EYE LOVE
... is a one-hour-in-development Visual Novel, of which half was spent figuring out what music and images to use, and how to into the new Ren'Py lay-out. The other half went into actually writing and playing World of Tanks. So, I hear you ask, "Why did you make it?"

Well, Omnificent and I are pretty good friends. One day he told me Night of the Hospital has a homo ending. I jokingly said he wrote homosmut, which somehow triggered him to write actual homosmut. In return, he asked I write something sugary sweet dokidoki. Unfortunately, I don't doki, but I still release to you the result of that.

So what's it about?
"Eye Love" is about a girl talking to her friend while the rest of the class is taking a re-sit. Yup. It comes Omnificent approved, however, and this release prompts the release of his (decidedly more mature) dare project. Look forward to that coming in moments.

Version for all systems

So why the title?
Read further if you've read the VN! (That shouldn't take long.)
'Eye' and 'I' are homonyms. I used 'Eye' to refer to the boy not looking at the girl and her being vexed about it, which is less because of how he's not interested and more because he can't look the girl he likes in the eye. Eye'm so clever.

Chibichann
Regular

Re: Eye Love [GxB] [2short4u]

#2 Post by Chibichann »

Well the title was quite clever,but i would like to suggest that how could the boy suddenly blurt out that he liked the girl while in the beginning of their conversation he was being all cold,and suddenly in the middle he got all shy,what i mean is how could the boy just frankly tell her that.No offence.

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Applegate »

Chibichann wrote:Well the title was quite clever,but i would like to suggest that how could the boy suddenly blurt out that he liked the girl while in the beginning of their conversation he was being all cold,and suddenly in the middle he got all shy,what i mean is how could the boy just frankly tell her that.No offence.
The narrator isn't reliable.

EDIT: To actually explain how the narrator isn't reliable.
The narrator is a girl who sees him as a friend, and considers falling in love something to be she does after getting to know someone. She knows him, but she hasn't known him as a potential love interest. Consider being lectured by someone you really, really like; Can you tell 'em to get lost? Not really. Looking out the window to avoid her gaze, being unable to really respond to her admonishing, are just part of him being shy. Asking her if there isn't someone better to talk to and then talking about Chris is because he's worried she might like that Chris, and he can't just say he's worried about that. If you read the tone of his words in that of a shy boy with a huge crush, I think you'll be able to agree he isn't that cold and started out shy; It's just that the narrator has not realised it and does not report it.

I actually do think a bit when I write.

ixWishing
Veteran

#4 Post by ixWishing »

Downloading right now~
- Everlasting Dreams ;

✿ Usagi Totoro ✿

#5 Post by ✿ Usagi Totoro ✿ »

Why oh why did it end ?! It was just getting to the good part TwT Pleasee make moree QAQ . . . Oh and i loved it even if it's short C: And the Art was great >3<

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Applegate »

Well, it does say it's "too short for you". I'm glad you liked it despite its brevity. I am a bit crestfallen now that I realise I have an outdoors picture but reference the boy "looking out the window"... sigh! I'm such a hackjob.

Celestine
Veteran

#7 Post by Celestine »

Omg you did another one :wink: I'm so downloading it! (I have been away too long. I miss Lemma atmosphere.) I'll let you know what I think of it when I get a chance to read it.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

Ordog
Regular

#8 Post by Ordog »

So in fact, this game isn't finished ? I think I didn't understand your first post...
I'm asking because you said it's in development...

Virelai
Regular

#9 Post by Virelai »

Oh my...It was short but lovely. HEHEHE. It was better than I thought it'd be. This was way 2 short 4 me. ;'[ ;A; crais.
But yeah. It's dandy. <3
*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*
Sparkles.

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#10 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Seriously for like 30 minutes after, I was still saying "awww"! It was just so cute! When I ended that game I started squealing- so great job!☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
i'll cry if you yell at me

Puchin
Regular

#11 Post by Puchin »

Downloading!
Fav Games: REI - NanoLife 1.1 - Zayay - Dizzy Hearts Demo - Night at the Hospital

Dawnfire
Regular

#12 Post by Dawnfire »

Very adorable. I wish it was much longer...it is too short for me! But I liked it a lot. The dialogue was very natural, and the sprite was really well-drawn.
Writer/editor with native English skills and a bachelor's. Back after a longtime hiatus. Message if interested.

Puchin
Regular

#13 Post by Puchin »

AH!! It tricked me! I thought it was longer! Like a full hour otome game or something!
This was enjoyable but.... it felt like a preview!!

More, please!
Fav Games: REI - NanoLife 1.1 - Zayay - Dizzy Hearts Demo - Night at the Hospital

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Applegate »

Celestine wrote:Omg you did another one :wink: I'm so downloading it! (I have been away too long. I miss Lemma atmosphere.) I'll let you know what I think of it when I get a chance to read it.
Embarrassment is a cruel mistress here.
✿ Usagi Totoro ✿ wrote:Why oh why did it end ?! It was just getting to the good part TwT Pleasee make moree QAQ . . . Oh and i loved it even if it's short C: And the Art was great >3<
I'm glad you enjoyed it! It ended because I only needed to write this much for the challenge. The art isn't by me, though. I forgot mentioning it (awful of me), but Tokudaya did the art, here. They're for free use as far as I understand, so help yourself!
Ordog wrote:So in fact, this game isn't finished ? I think I didn't understand your first post...
I'm asking because you said it's in development...
I meant it took one hour to develop, so it is very short.
silverpikachu99 wrote:Seriously for like 30 minutes after, I was still saying "awww"! It was just so cute! When I ended that game I started squealing- so great job!☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
GLad to hear you found it cute! The challenge was to write something nauseatingly dokidoki, and being not quite sure on dokidoki, I thought I'd write something somewhat cute. I'm happy I succeeded!
Dawnfire wrote:Very adorable. I wish it was much longer...it is too short for me! But I liked it a lot. The dialogue was very natural, and the sprite was really well-drawn.
See above about the sprite, but thanks about the dialogue. It's usually my weakness, since English isn't my native language and I don't get to listen to how normal people talk, LOL. I only ever get to see chatspeak and television, but no one's telling me Bold & The Beautiful has totes natural language. 8(
Puchin wrote:AH!! It tricked me! I thought it was longer! Like a full hour otome game or something!
This was enjoyable but.... it felt like a preview!!

More, please!
How'd it trick you?! D: The title even says "2short4u"!

Puchin
Regular

#15 Post by Puchin »

I don't trust titles!!
I really liked the art, but I feel like I have seen it somewhere else. Do you haver more games or DA acount?