Peacemaker v1.0 [Horror/Ctulhu][Ludum Dare 26]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Jod
Regular
Projects: F.I.N.
Organization: JodCorp

Peacemaker v1.0 [Horror/Ctulhu][Ludum Dare 26]

#1 Post by Jod »

29-04-2013 - Version 1.0 available, straight from the Ludum Dare press!

Peacemaker, a new visual novel made in 48 hours with nothing more than a camera, Paint.net, and a whole lot of caffeine.
  • Visit graveyards!
    Think about your girlfriend!
    Get into fights with people bigger and stronger then you are!
    Break into other people's houses!
    Find pens!
ImageImageImage

DISCLAIMER: This as made in 48 hours. It's probably riddled with mistakes now, but I am looking forward to improve on it and make it something that resembles a game. Watch this space!

DISCLAIMER: This game has mature content. There's swearing. There's very graphically described violence. There's drinking. And more swearing. Your tender soul has been warned!

It is done. The madness that is Ludum Dare is done. A challenge to create a game from nothing in 48 hours. No publicly available pictures or music. Only generated or self-made content.

This edition's theme? Minimalism. Dear god, it threw me for a loop. I decided to work the theme in with the art-style, music, text display and storyline big bad. In the end I only managed the bad guy and the art-style.

48 hours of rollercoasting, game-creating, deadline-chomping, choice-making, timeboxing awesomeness.

There are so many things I want to improve. There's only 25%~33% of the planned content in there. I didn't proofread more then once and never properly. I think it's possible to get stuck if you do really illogical things. I have no music.

But despite all that I am damn happy with the end result. I look forward to improving this and making it a fully fledged game. I can heartily recommend Ludum Dare to anyone working with Ren'Py. It's extremely educational.

Special thanks to Pytom for helping me out when I was stuck with my imagebuttons. They work deliciously!

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Peacemaker v1.0 [Horror/Ctulhu][Ludum Dare 26]

#2 Post by SusanTheCat »

Congratulations on finishing!

I'll be sure to check out and rate your game.

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

Jod
Regular

#3 Post by Jod »

Thanks Susan! Do you have an entry I can rate as well?

dragonee

#4 Post by dragonee »

Oh, a fellow Ludum Dare entrant! I'll look at your game when I'll have a little time.

Jod
Regular

#5 Post by Jod »

@Dragonee: I would love to take a look at your Ludum Dare entry. Do you have a link for me?

dragonee

#6 Post by dragonee »

Here it is: http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-da ... &uid=23038

and here I'm in the middle of doing the making of article: http://michalmoroz.com/the-room