Potato Art [Hidden Object] [Ludum Dare 26]{All + Android]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

Potato Art [Hidden Object] [Ludum Dare 26]{All + Android]

#1 Post by SusanTheCat »

You are a detective in the 60's on the case of some missing art by the famous minimalist painter 'ed'.
There are 2 Hidden Object areas and 2 mini-puzzle games plus some other problems to solve.

This game and all its assets was made in 48 hours. See me do it here:

Screenshots:
The Main Hall
The Main Hall
The Studio
The Studio
Hidden Object Game
Hidden Object Game
Download the Game:
Win/Mac/Linux:
http://www.thecatsweb.com/games/Potato% ... .0-all.zip

Android:

[The extension apk has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

Re: Potato Art [Hidden Object] [Ludum Dare 26]{All + Android

#2 Post by Haze »

I played and whole thing, and it wasn't too bad, especially considering the 48-hour deadline. Some things you should know:
During some playthroughs, the first puzzle, the one solved after getting all the notes, would have one piece missing, forcing me to start over. This happened...twice, I think? Also, I picked up the first two flowers right away, but after ed told me the painting was a forgery, both the flowers reappeared. This didn't affect gameplay that much, but it's worth noting, I guess. The ending also kind of verged on "a winner is you"territory,but it's Ludum Dare, so that's ok.
The rest of the game was nicely done, though. I liked the music; it fit nicely with the "mystery" feel of the game. Nice job on the BGs, too.
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

ixWishing
Veteran

#3 Post by ixWishing »

Asdfghjkl
The puzzles annoyed me kinda, especially the rotating one, as I forgot how it was supposed to look.
Overall, it was a short and a nice time-killer. Ending was eh, like how Haze had said with the tvtrope lol.
But yeah, if you have time to kill, and likes a short fun puzzle-mystery type of game, this is for you!
- Everlasting Dreams ;

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by SusanTheCat »

@Haze:
I should totally have that as my ending screen. :) The ending was totally a victim of lack of time.

@ixWishing
One of the additions I would do (if I had more time) is a "pull out drawer" with the target image.

Thank you both for playing!

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

luat1995
Completed: Home Alone
Github: https://github.com/luatsenpai
itch: https://luatsenpai.i

Re: Potato Art [Hidden Object] [Ludum Dare 26]{All + Android]

#5 Post by luat1995 »

The extension apk has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed. Please Reup!!!
Sorry my bad english, thank ^.^