Elvine [Otome][Late Nano 13]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Heiden
Regular
Completed: Elvine, The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers, Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend, Beyond the Deep, The Bog's Heart, The Girl With the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A
Projects: The Town Pages, Kill the Prince?! [Nano 2020]
Tumblr: heidengames
itch: Heiden

Elvine [Otome][Late Nano 13]

#1 Post by Heiden »

Story:

Fleeing from a deadly attack on their village, Elvine, her father and a dragonkin soldier named Lukas must flee to an abandoned castle in the woods. There they await the news of what happened to the rest of their village while Elvine herself might find something else hidden among the walls of the castle...

Characters:
Lukas:
Lukas is a dragonkin soldier. Generally cheerful, he is trying to adjust to his new life at Hauptschloss after losing the use of his leg. Romanceable.

Bryant:
This is Bryant! An arrogant ghost who inhabits the castle’s Throne Room. What’s his deal anyway? Romanceable.

Mary:
This is Mary! Also a ghost, who inhabits the castle’s library. She hates fairy tales and is a bit sarcastic at times.

Petrarch:

This is Petrarch! Elvine’s father.
He’s a bit of a stick in the mud and definitely is very opinionated about things. Actually, he’s opinionated about just about everything. He does very much love his daughter, even if this love can come out a bit strict sometimes.

For maximal FEELS I reccomend doing Lukas' route first then Bryant's

Length:

35k words! 30 CGs! 2 routes!(Bryant and Lukas) 4 endings!
~1-2 hours

Download Link:

Edit: New new link! http://www.mediafire.com/download/ce4f3 ... .3-all.zip

I did it! I finished Elvine! I released the demo of Elvine as part of the pphsjam and now here's the full version for (a late) camp Nanowrimo project! This is my first visual novel and I had a lot of fun making it. I hope you enjoy!

I had a lot of problems with the programming so the GUI isn't the best...
Last edited by Heiden on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

Re: Elvine [Otome][Late Nano 13]

#2 Post by merdeamour »

Whoa! Downloading right now (:
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#3 Post by silverpikachu99 »

There seems to be a virus on this zip file...
i'll cry if you yell at me

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by try10 »

I'll download it.

Heiden
Regular
Completed: Elvine, The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers, Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend, Beyond the Deep, The Bog's Heart, The Girl With the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A

#5 Post by Heiden »

silverpikachu99 wrote:There seems to be a virus on this zip file...
That's not good.

Try this link instead: http://rapidshare.com/files/3083146661/ ... .0-all.zip

ixWishing
Veteran

#6 Post by ixWishing »

Whoa! I remember dling the demo for the PPHS Jam xD
Definitely downloading it!
The whole dragon story is cool, imo~
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#7 Post by Ran08 »

Downloading~
Congratulations on your first visual novel! I know how rewarding it feels to release something you've worked so hard on. Hahaha. ^^
I'll give an update after I finish playing.

✿ Usagi Totoro ✿

#8 Post by ✿ Usagi Totoro ✿ »

~ ~ Can Mac computer play this ~ ? C:

Heiden
Regular

#9 Post by Heiden »

ixWishing wrote:Whoa! I remember dling the demo for the PPHS Jam xD
Definitely downloading it!
The whole dragon story is cool, imo~
Ah I didn't know anyone played the demo! O.O

And thank you! I hope you enjoy the full version :D
✿ Usagi Totoro ✿ wrote:~ ~ Can Mac computer play this ~ ? C:
It should be able to!
Ran08 wrote:Downloading~
Congratulations on your first visual novel! I know how rewarding it feels to release something you've worked so hard on. Hahaha. ^^
I'll give an update after I finish playing.
Thank you! Yes I'm really glad to be able to release this after working on it so hard :D
I hope you enjoy it! :)

nipaa_kazuma
Regular

#10 Post by nipaa_kazuma »

I just finished playing and I really reaaaaaally liked Mary.
She's great !!!

Congratulations you did a great job : I really feel pleasure playing at your game,
I also liked to know more things about the story of your game and how the characters art changed =).
There's just one moment in Lukas' story when Mary come in his room where two sentences are lasting not even 20 secondes on the screen : I had to make a screenshot to see what he was saying.

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#11 Post by Anne »

I liked your game, both story and art (especially colors in backgrounds). And the concept art section, right.
I found some moments confusing though
like wouldn't Lukas lose more blood if they actually saw his leg off? or how the humans managed to forget everything about the dragonkin in mere 20 years

Heiden
Regular

#12 Post by Heiden »

nipaa_kazuma wrote:I just finished playing and I really reaaaaaally liked Mary.
She's great !!!

Congratulations you did a great job : I really feel pleasure playing at your game,
I also liked to know more things about the story of your game and how the characters art changed =).
There's just one moment in Lukas' story when Mary come in his room where two sentences are lasting not even 20 secondes on the screen : I had to make a screenshot to see what he was saying.
Mary was definitely my favorite to write for ~ :D
Oh I know what lines you're refering to. I'll change it so that it won't atomatically go to the next line.
Thank you so much for playing~ :)
Anne wrote:I liked your game, both story and art (especially colors in backgrounds). And the concept art section, right.
I found some moments confusing though
like wouldn't Lukas lose more blood if they actually saw his leg off? or how the humans managed to forget everything about the dragonkin in mere 20 years
AAaahh I guess you're right. I should have put in a little more thought for the reason of Lukas' losing his leg. :\ As for the humans forgetting everything I guess you can think of it that Dragonkin were pretty sparse even before Elvine's village was attacked? All of the human literature depicted the dragonkin as giant dragons and really the only humans that had contact with the dragonkin for the past 50ish years were all hunters (who I guess didnt live in the village Elvine visited).
Completed: Elvine (GxB), The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers (GxG)(As Writer, Coder), Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend (BxB), Beyond the Deep (GxB)(As Artist), The Bog's Heart, The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A.

All available to play on my itch.io page!

eikoueikou

#13 Post by eikoueikou »

can you give me walkthrough happy ending with lukas? I got bad ending ~~! Pls help me

Heiden
Regular

#14 Post by Heiden »

eikoueikou wrote:can you give me walkthrough happy ending with lukas? I got bad ending ~~! Pls help me
Sure!
To get Lukas' good ending: Ask Mary for candles and then stop to talk to Lukas when he's sitting out on the balcony.
Here's a full walkthrough for all the endings in case anyone is having any trouble getting one of them.
Lukas' Good End: Ask Mary for candles and stop to talk to Lukas
Lukas' Bad End: Ask Bryant for candles and stop to talk to Lukas
Bryant's Good End: Ask Bryant for candles and don't talk to Lukas
Bryant's Bad End: Ask Mary for candles and don't talk to Lukas
Completed: Elvine (GxB), The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers (GxG)(As Writer, Coder), Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend (BxB), Beyond the Deep (GxB)(As Artist), The Bog's Heart, The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A.

All available to play on my itch.io page!

Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

#15 Post by Victoria »

I keep having trouble with the download. It's been going for about five hours and it still hasn't been done, in fact, not even half of the file has been. As my speed usually reaches 500kb/sec without any problems, and now it keeps stagnating around 10kb/sec, the problem is most likely with the server (maybe it is more restricted in my area or something, as I don't exactly live in the most populated or known country in the world), but this almost never happens to me... Could you perhaps upload it to another? And one other question, if you don't mind me asking, how come the file's size almost reaches 400 mb? Is it the pictures or the music (the other one being more likely)?
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!