Project Nattsu

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Recca Phoenix
Veteran

Re: Project Nattsu

#46 Post by Recca Phoenix »

I finally got around to playing this game (I got the bad ending ^^;;;) and it was very nicely done. It was just the right balance of obvious and obscure as far as the choices went, and the characters were very interesting. I enjoyed the mood of the game, the bright colors, and the music, which was simple and unobtrusive but happy. Very nicely done. :)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#47 Post by mikey »

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce, that Project Nattsu now has a SK (Slovak) version!

Thanks to Hime for all the help! It was great fun translating this story that in the process I grew to like so much - it really is a completely different experience than playing.

I'm also happy that it's actually not only a translation - on the occasion of translating Project Nattsu, the idea that we had was also to nicen up the game with a few new or updated BGs, mainly. Hime agreed to this and we changed a few bits for the game - mainly this involved filtering the BGs (and adding 2-3 new ones). For the SK version, we also upgraded the engine and did a new menu, reflecting the SK name.

All the changes are:

- new name for SK version (Nattsu - slnecne dni -), meaning "sunny days"
- updated to latest (6.6.0) version of Ren'Py
- new main menu screen
- translated interface to SK
- changed the color theme to fit Nattsu
- replaced and filtered BGs + added new BGs
- removed gray background parts
- modified credits to reflect changes
- new font (old one did not support SK)
- translated game to SK (see Translation Notes below)

Translation Notes:

The most important feature of the translation is that if taken sentence by sentence, the text is translated in a slightly softer tone than the original and often uses other forms of expressing emotion. This is because SK is very sensitive to the writing style and the atmosphere that is expressed with the EN words cannot be fully reproduced simply by a good and faithful translation of what is written. I'm especially talking about the tone that conversations and narratives have - long story short, I tried my best in looking foremost at Hime's initial idea for this game - a relaxing, romantic, summery game and not looking too much at what *exactly* was said, but in what tone it was said and what it meant. So it's primarily faithful to atmosphere, rather than words - and thanks again to Hime for allowing this little bit of flexibility that IMO makes a big difference.
There were some things that were obviously mistakes in the English original, so I corrected them in the process. For example "Anna is swimming and Fuu and Anna (correct: Mimi) are chatting". Also, some typos were fixed. I also noticed some inconsistencies in the plot, and fixed them with more or less no impact on the story, and all of these have been discussed with Hime. For example, judging from surroundings and descriptions, a trip to the top of a hill would not last 15 minutes, so this was changed to a more realistic 30 minutes.
I would like to thank Hime for allowing me to translate her game, and a special thankyou goes to Liu for an excellent job in correcting the translation, so it now feels like it was natively written in Slovak. Also, thanks go to PyTom, who has helped with some quick fixes. Thank you again!

The project page is here:
http://atp.manga.sk/trans/pn/pn.htm
I know most of you won't be able to play the SK version, but anyway, enjoy :)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#48 Post by mikey »

Here are the reactions from the manga.sk board on the game:

Erikku:
It was very entertaining. And short, which is a good thing, as I wouldn't have the patience for something longer.

hurashiman:
A summer relaxing game for 30 minutes? Right now it was snowing outside...
Within the really short playtime, it was very nice. As a repsonsible adult, I chose a serious educational approach to the students, therefore the ending was with Anna, heh (I even found her drawing to be the best, a sort of nicely done tribute to impressionism).
I guess the aim was to make the game this short, but I could also imagine it being longer, more detailed, more work with the characters and such - the premise was quite good, so it should be able to handle it.
And BTW, I also count myself to the fans [of VNs], relaxing pieces like this one are really great.

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#49 Post by Enerccio »

lulu:
neat game, I tried to became liked by mimi, but I failed ^^

I haven't played game like that and I would not even look for something like that, I was very pleasantly surprised.
Thanks!

(If I might do this for mikey, since I am member of that forum too)
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#50 Post by mikey »

Enerccio >> Thanks, help is appreciated :P

EDIT: Of course, if Hime answers, we will relay this back as well.

denzil
Veteran

#51 Post by denzil »

This translation was a pleasant surprise. I played the English version before, but there was no way I could resist to play the the translation. And it was really nice.
Congratulations to mikey for a nice translation of a nice game.
Practice makes purrrfect.
Finished projects: Broken sky .:. colorless day .:. and few more...

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#52 Post by Hime »

Thanks for the comments, I'm really glad you like it. ^^ Also, I want to thank mikey for the great and reliable work with the translation and the modified parts. Even though I unfortunetly can't read Slovak at all, it's a great feeling to see my work in other language than the original one, and it's very good to know that people are enjoying it like that. Thank you a lot, everyone!

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran

#53 Post by Enerccio »

Flanker wrote:I will play this even if only because mikey took it, who is for me in the world of bishoujo games benchmark for good things.
liu.yan wrote:I looks to me some kind cute, relaxing, exactly like if it was planned, though it would be nice if the characters were more developed and game longer, hm... but then it would not be "relaxing game", right? And Anna is kawaii, I want that kind of sister too!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#54 Post by mikey »

A small comment from Turkish from the manga.sk board:
I was just ROFL from what happened after I touched Fuu's hmmm-hmmm at the pool. (lots of smileys follow)

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran

#55 Post by Enerccio »

turkish added something more
if I were to summarize it, I would say that Fuu requires honestly, Anna spoiling and Mimi simply a bit of attention

but I have still one ending left (there are 6, probably) can anyone help?
/alone
/Anna
/Fuu
/Mimi
/death by Fuu's fist
/???
apart from that, game was totally cute, though nothing epical, but it fulfilled it's purpose being one time relaxant to lift up mood (and really much!) on the best mark.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#56 Post by mikey »

More comments for PN:
Turkish wrote:The true ending was absolutely wonderful, all 5 other endings together can't compare to it.

Malyszeq

#57 Post by Malyszeq »

U had the most problems with getting to that particular ending. The first one was Anna's. And while speaking about translation, I am studying English in a college now, as my main profile, and I would know something about how these games can be translated. Is the Ren'py tool all I need? If yes I'd be willing to translate the game into Polish if I had some time (wink, wink :?: :oops: )
Princess of lust
Dignity put to dust
A virginal sight
Their apple to bite.
Drink from my thighs
The rain of lies
A sight so cursed
Breasts, which never nursed...

Nightwish, "Passion And The Opera"

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#58 Post by Hime »

Malyszeq wrote:U had the most problems with getting to that particular ending. The first one was Anna's. And while speaking about translation, I am studying English in a college now, as my main profile, and I would know something about how these games can be translated. Is the Ren'py tool all I need? If yes I'd be willing to translate the game into Polish if I had some time (wink, wink :?: :oops: )
Thank you, it'd be great to see another translation if you're really up to it... Myself I don't know that much about the translation progress, but I think you don't need anything other than Ren'Py for that. ^^ But, if you want to translate Nattsu, I think you'd better either wait for the updated English version or take some things from the SK translated version, since it had some content updated.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#59 Post by mikey »

You will also need the un-coded script.rpy file - I got it from an initial version of Project Nattsu, which was distributed un-coded, but a day or so later the release was coded - in any case, you need a "writeable" script.rpy file from Hime :wink:

Dave the Twisted
Regular
Projects: 5 Minutes [Cute Story]

#60 Post by Dave the Twisted »

I've been playing this game for about a week and a half, now. Excellent game! (Although I keep mucking up the true ending...)
For my next project I'm going to need a working toilet, a pair of pliers, a jar of cheez-whiz spread, 100 q-tips, a TV remote, a gearshift lever and a whole lot of duct tape. This is gonna be awesome.