Project Nattsu

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

Project Nattsu

#1 Post by Hime »

So, finally... Lux Visual Novels presents it's first visual novel, Project Nattsu! :)

Plot:
The protagonist is a young man, Shoichiro Yoshizumi, whose grandfather has a job as a summer remedial instruction teacher. However, his gramps' has to have a surgery, so Shoichiro will be a substitute teacher for a while... And then he discovers that he's going to teach three girls, not very far from his own age!

To put it short, Project Nattsu is a lighthearted, short and somewhat classic ren'ai game.

Screenshots:
Image Image Image

Please inform me if you discover any bugs or other problems. I hope you'll enjoy the game! ^^

Download from Ren'Ai Archive

edit: The original files changed into the fixed version 1.0 ones.
Last edited by Hime on Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

#2 Post by DrakeNavarone »

Congrats on the release, Hime! A good job! And now with music! DaFool, you did a good job with the music. It helped keep things interesting, since I must've been through this game around 10 times for testing purposes... Not that the story gets old or anything. It's a nice and light-hearted piece. (Now I just gotta get around to finishing my own game...)
http://www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake:
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

Sethaniel
Regular

#3 Post by Sethaniel »

Hey- finished my first playthrough!
Only got ending #1, though. . .
Great visuals, and the music is fantastic!

One minor question-
In the fast food restaurant, there's a bit where Anna moves from being on the left to being directly in front of Fuu, and then hidden behind Fuu when Fuu speaks. Is that on purpose?

Hime
Veteran

#4 Post by Hime »

Thank you both a lot for your feedback! ^^
Sethaniel wrote: One minor question-
In the fast food restaurant, there's a bit where Anna moves from being on the left to being directly in front of Fuu, and then hidden behind Fuu when Fuu speaks. Is that on purpose?
Uh nuh, definitely not... I'll fix this some time in the future.

Sethaniel
Regular

#5 Post by Sethaniel »

All right! Endings #2, 4, and 5!

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by DaFool »

Whoa, it's out! Congratulations!

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#7 Post by PyTom »

First of all, let me say I enjoyed the game. I did a total beat of it, getting all the ending. I have to say that ending 5 has one of the most creative titles for an ending that I've ever seen.

A couple of technical comments, since you seem to have announced plans to make another game.

- I'm not a fan of the monospace font. It renders words like "pupil" poorly, with excessive space between the i and the l. Also, the font was missing the é in moé, which was a problem.

- You would often write code like:

Code: Select all

hide fuu sbasic
    show fuu slaugh
We automatically replace images with the same tag, so you could have just written:

show fuu slaugh
And Ren'Py knows enough to hide fuu basic automatically.

Note that this doesn't matter all that much in this game... I'm just mentioning it to save you some time when writing your next project.

Congratulations on releasing your game.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Hime
Veteran

#8 Post by Hime »

PyTom wrote:First of all, let me say I enjoyed the game. I did a total beat of it, getting all the ending. I have to say that ending 5 has one of the most creative titles for an ending that I've ever seen.

A couple of technical comments, since you seem to have announced plans to make another game.

- I'm not a fan of the monospace font. It renders words like "pupil" poorly, with excessive space between the i and the l. Also, the font was missing the é in moé, which was a problem.

- You would often write code like:

hide fuu sbasic
    show fuu slaugh
We automatically replace images with the same tag, so you could have just written:

show fuu slaugh
And Ren'Py knows enough to hide fuu basic automatically.

Note that this doesn't matter all that much in this game... I'm just mentioning it to save you some time when writing your next project.

Congratulations on releasing your game.
Thanks for your feedback. ^^
The é problem was probably cause because of the fact that at first I was using a different version of Sanazami, which contained Japanese, Chinese and Scandinavian characters and everything else you could possibly think of - and it was huge, so I switched to the lighter version. And it seems that this one didn't contain é... So, I'll probably make a correction pack sometime and change the word "moé" to "moe". Thanks for pointing this out.

And I never knew Ren'Py was that intelligent! Thanks, this will probably be a great relief for the future projects! :)

Hime
Veteran

#9 Post by Hime »

Oh my, I just noticed that I've messed something up quite completely... So, I'll release a fixed version soon in the future! I do not recommend downloading this version anymore, though I see no harm with playing it if you have downloaded it already. It's mostly something concerning the file size. I'll also fix the little bugs mentioned in this thread.

edit: Done!

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#10 Post by PrettySammy09 »

;_; I'm having trouble downloading the Windows version. My extraction of the zip file is being wonky.

Hime
Veteran

#11 Post by Hime »

PrettySammy09 wrote:;_; I'm having trouble downloading the Windows version. My extraction of the zip file is being wonky.
Hmm, happens to me as well. I know there was nothing wrong with the original zip, though, and my FTP tells me that there shouldn't have been any problems with the uploading process. I think this means probably that either my FTP is lying, our net connections are being evil or my mirror is very tired...

I'll try reuploading, since the Linux version downloads just fine.

Edit: Ugh, it seems that it isn't still working even though I reuploaded it... Ugh. I have no idea where the problem is. :(

Edit2: Yay, after a second reupload, it works! :)
Last edited by Hime on Mon May 14, 2007 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by DaFool »

I'm happy with how the game turned out, and loved the omake (played the initial release full version).

I was going to mention some quirks, but it seems it was taken care of already. (Unfortunately I'm on dialup right now, so I cannot verify the fixed files).

Mr. E
Regular

#13 Post by Mr. E »

Finished playing your game (except for the ever-ellusive ending six :? ) and I've found it very light and fun. The artwork is quite good, and each girl looked very distinct, in both appearance and personality. None of them were irritating or bland, despite all of them following certain stereotypes (the tsunderekko, the quiet girl, the energetic girl) you managed to breathe some life into them, which is very difficult.
Captivating introduction and many choices ("...Juuust a little..." :lol:) Overall this is a great game with a big replay value. My troublesome nitpick of the day is: your endings were just a little too short to my taste. Maybe it's because I like long, well-resolved endings, but they seemed to lack the impact that the game deserved. The CGs were great, but the text was a bit too short and lacked... something. :( Of course, that was just a personal opinion, so feel free to ignore it. :D
The rest of the game was surprisingly professional, music, gameplay, character art, background art and story. It's very hard to find a game that combines all these. :o

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#14 Post by mikey »

Congratulations! I played the game several times over and it's really good to see a typical ren'ai story with that typical (classic) plot - in the good sense. No troubled protagonist, no deaths, it's just the thing for the start of summer. :)

The character art worked well with the BGs, even the combination of drawn and photograph BGs was working - and it doesn't happen often. I guess the whole thing has that light summer school atmosphere all throughout the scenes, and it goes hand in hand with the fact that everything fits so nicely.

The story is also just right - anything more and it would be too complicated, anything less and it would be lacking - I can imagine what the endings that I haven't gotten will be like and that's a good thing.

The music was interesting, almost indistinguishable from the usual bishoujo game tunes, with all their backgrounds and compositions, less emphasis on direct melody and more of the ambient effect, that was really nice.

I was quite happy and content with the non-special Ending 1, because that's what I actually played to reach, I wanted to teach them, not really fall in love with the girls on my first playthrough.

Embarrassingly, I wasn't able to get ANY OTHER endings! Well, apart from that baka one which I tried just to make sure it's not a positive option... but other than that, I was completely incapable :)

It doesn't matter though, I'll have more playthroughs and more time to play - but I enjoyed being myself, so actually I don't feel bad having ended up with the neutral ending.

It's true that the font is somewhat strange, but personally I don't care about that, and actually it has a nice "onscripter" feel to it ^_^. And so the biggest problem for me is, just like with Elven Relations, the perspective of the backgrounds. I'm really sensitive to it, but then, it seems that many people aren't bothered, so it's not that a big deal generally. For me, it takes a lot of time getting used to and breaks the atmosphere a lot, especially when it is as significant as in this VN - the kitchen BG for instance, but to be honest, except for the blackboard, it's every background that has a perspective problem. Of course, on the positive side, this gives it a sense of strange consistency, so it doesn't stand out, that's why I can live with it much better.

So thanks for this nice game, and if you won't mind, I'd mirror it on the Ren'Ai Archives. And congratulations once again. I have to play some more to get at least one new ending. Replayability...
Last edited by mikey on Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:08 am, edited 14 times in total.

parvenue
Regular

#15 Post by parvenue »

I was able to get #5 on my first time playing (hehe, how did that happen?), then #2, #1 (arrrgh), then #3, alright! :) Yay, but now I have to play until I unlock all the CGs, because something about this game really calls for it. ;) Now that I got ending #4, all I'm missing are two CGs. :(
Any hints for the sixth (right under the happy Fuu CG) and the seventh CG (coincidentally, left of the ending five CG)?
My favorite ending was #3. Something about the fluffyness in the dialogue got to me. I liked this game overall. The endings were all sweet (well, :P) without becoming too sickeningly sweet too, which is something I like very much.

Great job here. Can't wait for your next project. ;)
parvenue
showcase

SHjunkie
>>>>SOLSTICE<<<<

Need a PREMIUM Rapidshare host? PM me - I'll host your files free of charge.