The Story Generator R16/PG13 [RandomGen]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

The Story Generator R16/PG13 [RandomGen]

#1 Post by OokamiKasumi »

StoryGen_01.jpg
The Story Generator
Text & graphics by Me.
Featuring Music by Epic Soul Factory

-- Version 1.4 --
Two Versions!
R-16 for Adult Language, Adult Situations, and Suggested Violence. (Text only -- no images.)
Download from MediaFire 71MB

PG-13 for Suggested Violence. (Text only -- no images.)
Download from MediaFire 71 MB

Anyone familiar with my Erotic Generator will immediately note the similarities. This one however is far more vast in scope. In the Story Generator, the player gets to choose far more than the gender of two participants.
StoryGen_12.jpg
Characters:
Lead, Companion, Trouble-Maker, Villain.
-- With a gender choice for each.

World:
Fantasy, Historical, Contemporary, Futuristic, Sci-fi, and Anime.
-- This changes the image, the Music, and the type of Characters.

Genre:
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Gothic, Romance, Horror, Mystery.
-- Both Fantasy and Sci-Fi have sub-genres.
-- Each genre has its own plot-line, meaning: the whole story changes.
-- with Stories 6 to 8 pages long each.

Action:
Romance, Violence, Suspense, Paranormal, Magic, Combat, Sports, and Smut! (Smut in R16 version only.)
-- What happens to the characters in addition to the story's plot actions.

Style:
Comedy, Tragedy, or Drama.

You can Change your selections simply by hitting PAGE UP, and choosing something new.
However, once a story is generated, you must start over from the beginning.

Every selection triggers a massive list of Random elements. This means that even if you never change your selection choices, every single story generated will be Different from the last.

As with my Erotic Generator, you can choose to generate a story with the same selections, a whole new one from scratch, or see the credits and go.
StoryGen_13.jpg
I also, once again, use a Bookmark style of Navigation. (Because I think it's cool.) However, I added a Music room.
StoryGen_14.jpg
The game contains:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
43 dialogue blocks
2,376 words, with an average of 55.3 words per block.
20 menus
16 screens

Enjoy!

Note:
-- When you find a typo, or something that doesn't read right, please let me know. However to fix it, I'll need either a screen shot or the entire sentence to find the list it belongs in. Thankx!
Last edited by OokamiKasumi on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

Armee
Veteran

Re: The Story Generator R16 & PG13[RandomGen]

#2 Post by Armee »

I'm looking forward to try this, it seem really interesting. I like your works, only the SFW VN. I know you're a great aldult writer, but I'm still young, and, I can't play R18 VN so let's wait a bit longer until I can actually, haha. I'm trying to choose between the R16 and PG-13 version. I can handle aldult language but I don't know what to with aldult situations. I think I will going with the PG13. Haha... Wll giving you comments and feedbacks after I tried.

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Armee wrote:I'm looking forward to try this, it seem really interesting. I like your works, only the SFW VN. I know you're a great adult writer, but I'm still young, and, I can't play R18 VN so let's wait a bit longer until I can actually, haha. I'm trying to choose between the R16 and PG-13 version. I can handle adult language but I don't know what to with adult situations. I think I will going with the PG13. Haha... Will giving you comments and feedbacks after I tried.
Thank you!
-- Don't worry about the adult stuff. There is No Reason to rush into trying something you're not comfortable with (or old enough for.) Just so you know, the PG13 game is the same as the R16 except for the Smut action and some of the plot twists that come with it, so you're not going to miss out on anything, really.

I look forward to seeing what you think of it!
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

Duskylli
Regular
Completed: The Mishka Effect, Fairly Dangerous.
Projects: Palette Swap

Re: The Story Generator R16/PG13 [RandomGen]

#4 Post by Duskylli »

Heya Ookami. I had a few tries the beta version. Its fun and I got some really funny story lines
my fave involved bear juggling to cure the fear of bestowing love.
Also in the beta version after I watched the credits and tried to start a new game the game would shut down.
Attachments
I found one typo in the first line it says "teacher' " needs an "s"
I found one typo in the first line it says "teacher' " needs an "s"

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Duskylli wrote:Heya Ookami. I had a few tries the beta version. Its fun and I got some really funny story lines
my fave involved bear juggling to cure the fear of bestowing love.
LOL!
-- I'm glad you liked it.
Duskylli wrote:Also in the beta version after I watched the credits and tried to start a new game the game would shut down.
Thank you for catching that, but especially for the screenshot so I could find the typo. I believe the shutdown during the credits is because in one of my earlier beta versions, I had a graphic listed that I had pulled out. Try one of these versions instead, (once ver 1.1 is uploaded.)
-- Uploading version 1.1 for both.

magbie
Regular

#6 Post by magbie »

Dude, this is awesome. I just read a story about female poet who saw vampire attack organized by alien("for science!" no, seriously), and the final battle was spanking!
How can I ever repay you?

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#7 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Woot! Yay, it's finally out! Downloading now~
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#8 Post by KittyKatStar »

magbie wrote:Dude, this is awesome. I just read a story about female poet who saw vampire attack organized by alien("for science!" no, seriously), and the final battle was spanking!
Repay her by making it happen! I'd play a VN with that story. XD

Downloading, thanks so much, OokamiKasumi! ;;

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more

#9 Post by Kokoro Hane »

This has been fun so far!

I've been playing around with many stories, and the most interesting one that generated was in the Historical-SciFi-Tragedy combination, about a chef who discovered the technology of cloning and a lady model persuades him to sell it to an international company, but then the technology is used for wrong, and some battles ensues and now he will never share what he discovers again. Pretty intricate for random!

Another good one was a space one, where the lead guy was cursed with a demonic limb. I made sure I bookmarked that, it was pretty interesting!

Now my first try was in the Anime-Horror-Tragedy genre, and that one didn;t make much logical sense XD A shut-in girl who was stalked by a stalking shadow, and her best friend was a handsome vampire hunter, and the enemy was a tennis princess who summoned something demonic 'cause she was lonely...and someone died.
PROJECTS:
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

Owl City "Galaxies"

Armee
Veteran

#10 Post by Armee »

OokamiKasumi wrote: Thank you!
-- Don't worry about the adult stuff. There is No Reason to rush into trying something you're not comfortable with (or old enough for.) Just so you know, the PG13 game is the same as the R16 except for the Smut action and some of the plot twists that come with it, so you're not going to miss out on anything, really.

I look forward to seeing what you think of it!
I just tried it a couple times, I must say, it's quite entertaining. I haven't spot any typo during my play. Nothing important except it's really funny. I should trying to choose some tragedy...hm... I hope to see more of your work in the future!

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#11 Post by OokamiKasumi »

magbie wrote:Dude, this is awesome. I just read a story about female poet who saw vampire attack organized by alien("for science!" no, seriously), and the final battle was spanking!
By showing me what you can DO with this story.
-- I'm thrilled you liked it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
KittyKatStar wrote:
magbie wrote:Dude, this is awesome. I just read a story about female poet who saw vampire attack organized by alien("for science!" no, seriously), and the final battle was spanking! How can I ever repay you?
Repay her by making it happen! I'd play a VN with that story. XD
Yes, please.
KittyKatStar wrote:Downloading, thanks so much, OokamiKasumi! ;;
My pleasure. Really.

Kokoro Hane wrote:This has been fun so far!

I've been playing around with many stories, and the most interesting one that generated was in the Historical-SciFi-Tragedy combination, about a chef who discovered the technology of cloning and a lady model persuades him to sell it to an international company, but then the technology is used for wrong, and some battles ensues and now he will never share what he discovers again. Pretty intricate for random!

Another good one was a space one, where the lead guy was cursed with a demonic limb. I made sure I bookmarked that, it was pretty interesting!

Now my first try was in the Anime-Horror-Tragedy genre, and that one didn;t make much logical sense XD A shut-in girl who was stalked by a stalking shadow, and her best friend was a handsome vampire hunter, and the enemy was a tennis princess who summoned something demonic 'cause she was lonely...and someone died.
LOL! I definitely looks like you've been coming up with some pretty fun stuff.
- I'm thrilled you liked it!

Armee wrote:I just tried it a couple times, I must say, it's quite entertaining. I haven't spot any typo during my play. Nothing important except it's really funny. I should trying to choose some tragedy...hm... I hope to see more of your work in the future!
I'm so glad you like!
-- Don't worry, you'll eventually spot a typo, or things together mixed because I missed a comma in the coding somewhere. No one ever gets these things 100% right the first few times it's released. Sigh...

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Oh! I forgot to mention a small error with the PG-13 version. After you click "make me a story!" an error screen pops up, saying "smut" not defined twice. Of course, I just hit "ignore" and the game plays just fine, but just thought I'd mention it.
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Kokoro Hane wrote:Oh! I forgot to mention a small error with the PG-13 version. After you click "make me a story!" an error screen pops up, saying "smut" not defined twice. Of course, I just hit "ignore" and the game plays just fine, but just thought I'd mention it.
Thank you for catching that!
-- PG13 updated to ver 1.2.

jayroll123

#14 Post by jayroll123 »

miss please teach me how to call the rpy files to script.rpy. i'm a newbie and i want to learn thanks. and by the way where did you put your jpg files? i cant find it. I just want to learn how to use renpy. thanks a lot

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#15 Post by OokamiKasumi »

jayroll123 wrote:miss please teach me how to call the rpy files to script.rpy. i'm a newbie and i want to learn thanks. I just want to learn how to use renpy. thanks a lot
Well, to use Ren'py, first you need to download the Ren'py launcher from the Renpy homepage. This will jump-start you into creation of a game by setting up all the basic files needed to actually run a game. This will also give you access to the rpy files you can adjust through the built-in text editor.

As for your initial question, you don't need to Call the files because Ren'py automatically searches ALL the rpy files when the game begins. The important part is:

Code: Select all

init:
This stands for Initiate, or Begin. The further back you set it, (-2) the earlier it will read that code.

The best place to learn the super basics on how to make a game with Ren'py is at the Renpy Wiki. Specifically, the Quickstart Manuel. There are several easy games there that you can open up and poke around in to see how they work. When you get a little more used to how Ren'py works, try this tutorial: How to Make a Simple Otome Game. It's for making a dating simulation, but it also explains how to set up branching paths, choice menus, and a how to use Flags to make the game automatically select one path over another from the player's previous choices. Once you know these things, you can make just about any sort of game with Ren'py.

If you have specific questions about using Renpy, or you run into a problem with your code, go to the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements section of the forum. Make sure you first read the sticky: On Asking Questions, okay? For working recipes and tutorials on how to do specific things, visit the Cookbook section of the forum.
jayroll123 wrote:...and by the way where did you put your jpg files? i cant find it.
That's because all my image and music files are Archived when I Build Distributions. They were changed into code so no one else can use them.