Rise Against!! v1 [Friendship,GxB,SliceofLife.School]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
EarlyMind

Rise Against!! v1 [Friendship,GxB,SliceofLife.School]

#1 Post by EarlyMind »

Rated: 13+ for mild swearing
Thank you for checking out this thread!

This is my first experience with renpy and i'm creating this for a community service project. This was made in 2-4 weeks and it'll mean the world if you're able to leave a review or a comment after you play!

It's technically not completed (I haven't added in everything I want to about peer pressure), but it will be extremely soon. The story line will be touched up, but it's completed, so stay tuned!

Rachael [renameable] is a quirky girl in year 11 (Second last year of high school). Recently transferred to an all girls school due to it's expansive subject selection pool, she miraculously made friends with a nice group of girls after contemplating a life of lonership when no one talked to her for 2 periods. There's just something about that popular girl in her group though...and that (cute) guy on her train.

The main focus of this game isn't "oh its peer pressure" but rather seeing it in action in both subtle and obvious ways. It's not meant to drag on, it's meant to be fun and not feel like a text book. It's at it's heart a visual novel, not educational material, but something to give back to the community and raise awareness. There will be more material on peer pressure sometime though :)

Don't be afraid to pick out any issues. I will fix them asap

FEATURES:
- 3 routes! 2 Friendship and 1 romance!
- 5 endings (2 bad, 3 good)
- One optional GxB
- Re nameable protagonist
- Delicious slice of life!
- A hopefully funny but relatable story

How to Play

- Early in the game there's an option to rename your character. Type in a name when it mentions it!
- Space/click/enter to continue

Credits:
Music: Sentive, amachamusic
BG art: +cube+, bassnovel, Kimagure After, Uncle Mugen
Sprites: Tokuda

How do you feel about a visual novel about peer pressure?

Screenshots!

Attachments
Rise Against!! v1.zip
(66.53 MiB) Downloaded 10351 times
Last edited by EarlyMind on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Armee
Veteran

Re: Rise Against!! v1 [Friendship,GxB,SliceofLife.School]

#2 Post by Armee »

This's already out! It look funny, I will giving this a shot.

nefferinthia
Regular

#3 Post by nefferinthia »

Still playing through but holy crap, I'm assuming it's canon this MC regularly visits 4chan? Wow. I like how actually telling the girls what music you like is called 'being a hipster'. Hehe, oh well. Will add more thoughts later.

Wow, it's cool how the whole way the game flows changes the most not by the player's actions, but more by her thoughts! I'm enjoying it so far, though really, you might want to use spellcheck a bit more and cut down on the memespeak a bit.

aya001
Regular

#4 Post by aya001 »

Love it so far (just started playing)!!!!!! :) THanks for the game :)

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#5 Post by silverpikachu99 »

YAY IT'S OUT! *downloading now~*
i'll cry if you yell at me

EarlyMind

#6 Post by EarlyMind »

Harumi Fujyoshi wrote:Still playing through but holy crap, I'm assuming it's canon this MC regularly visits 4chan? Wow. I like how actually telling the girls what music you like is called 'being a hipster'. Hehe, oh well. Will add more thoughts later.

Wow, it's cool how the whole way the game flows changes the most not by the player's actions, but more by her thoughts! I'm enjoying it so far, though really, you might want to use spellcheck a bit more and cut down on the memespeak a bit.
Thanks so much! I think she's more of a reddit girl though XD I didn't really have time to closely edit everything since I had a time limit, but I certainly will keep it in mind when I update it to smooth it out.

Thanks everyone for your input! I really appreciate it!

Sugarou

#7 Post by Sugarou »

I really enjoyed this game! I honestly enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Orz
I really liked how you touched on the subject about not being yourself, and being dishonest about who you are. I mean considering that I, myself, am a teenager and going through this, I can really relate to Lilia.
I also loved the MC's sarcastic comments -- especially about the train. Haha, they had me giggling.
And omgggggg, I seriously wished Daniel ended up being gay. like seriously, he was just too adorable when he and Jack were talking. totes be a cute couple. hnng. You should totally make that happen when you release the completed {since you said this was technically not completed} version. haha. i'll go back to my corner now. ha. haha

There were quite a few grammatical errors, mostly just not adding a comma where it should be, and not capitalizing the 'I's. Nothing a few spellcheckers couldn't fix^^ maybe i'm just too much of a grammar nazi. haha
I also found it weird when the girls were conversing with each other face to face and they used 'text talk'. I just wouldn't picture anyone actually saying, for example, "lel, you are so smart. GG.", to someone face to face.
I thought that the transitions to different scenes were a bit rushed and I had a hard time figuring out where the MC was a few times. One minute she's outside talking about religion and then the next she's indoors fighting. ./welp Just my two cents. :'>

lemonscent
Regular
Projects: Remembrance:)

#8 Post by lemonscent »

^ lol I say GG to my friends all the time. I actually say "Good game" instead of just "GG" (because we all think of Girls' Generation when we say GG;; but I digress), but still.

Also, I loved Lilia omg xD Her comments, especially in Daniel's couple route. When she was screaming "THANK YOU MY DEAR FRIENDS" and "THE WEATHER IS SO BEAUTIFUL TODAY" I was just like omglol xDDD
★Remembrance - a WIP
소중했던 내 사람아 이젠 안녕❣ (안녕 안녕 이젠 안녕)

EarlyMind

#9 Post by EarlyMind »

Sorry again about the grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, I didn't use spell check for the game ^^"

The text speak and such is meant to be read like that. I'm not sure if it's just my school/area, but the kids there actually says things like "lol" and "GG" xD I guess it's different. Once again, thank you so much for playing! It really makes me happy to know you guys liked it!

KiYa

#10 Post by KiYa »

*Downloading now*
Your description made me want to try out the game~ xD Can't wait to play it

Koi Academy a.k.a. Love Academy? eggdjshgasjhgjgashjg Haha, sorry for spamming
*Too busy playing PSP to make a signature*

EarlyMind

#11 Post by EarlyMind »

Thanks! If you like it or not please tell me what you think! xD

shiho14
Regular

#12 Post by shiho14 »

Hello! I usually don't comment but I really like your game. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much but as I got into the story I ended up loving it especially the MC. I really like her! She definitely speaks out whats in her mind but at the same time knows her place when to be quiet. I also like it talks about peer pressure, a lot of people can learn from it.

I love the romance route. It was really adorable! Well done if you made it in 2-4 weeks! I hope you continue making more games :)

✿ Usagi Totoro ✿

#13 Post by ✿ Usagi Totoro ✿ »

Does it work on Mac computer ? :D

EarlyMind

#14 Post by EarlyMind »

✿ Usagi Totoro ✿ wrote:Does it work on Mac computer ? :D
I've packed it as "all distributions" so it should :) I'm not 100%, if it isn't i'll work everything out!
shiho14 wrote:Hello! I usually don't comment but I really like your game. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much but as I got into the story I ended up loving it especially the MC. I really like her! She definitely speaks out whats in her mind but at the same time knows her place when to be quiet. I also like it talks about peer pressure, a lot of people can learn from it.

I love the romance route. It was really adorable! Well done if you made it in 2-4 weeks! I hope you continue making more games :)
Thank you so much! And I'll definitely be making more games. Nothing planned soon, but I'm working on a few big scale ones ;)

Keyalha

#15 Post by Keyalha »

Looks very interresting like the Art an aweful lot. If i get my phone to work again i might give it a shot.