Falling For You (Korean Idol Otome game)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
monkeyartist214

Falling For You (Korean Idol Otome game)

#1 Post by monkeyartist214 »

STORY:
Soo Yun had always wanted to be like her mom and dad, managing newcomer idols and bringing them up to stardom! However, her parents wanted her to have a normal life and forbid her from managing any stars. Soo Yun's dreams seemed to be down the toilet, until her dad fell sick! Now Soo Yun is in charge with three new idols with three completely different personalities! Can she juggle bringing these idols to stardom and have a budding romance? Will she be able to deal with all the drama and scandals that come with fame? Find out for yourself and see who will be falling for you. -Heavily based on the Korean dramas Heartstrings and You're Beautiful- *I'm not Korean so sorry for any inaccuracies
Characters (From Left to Right):
Min Kyung:
The adorable, optimistic, dog-lover of the three. He has a bottomless pit for a stomach, but who could resist that smile :)
Shin:
The mischievous one of the three who likes to tease Soo Yun, but don't let his antics fool you. When it comes to singing, he's top notch!
Tae Hyun:
The cold, independent idol who hates to rely on other people, but respects those who try their best.
Game Features:
- 3 endings
- epilogues
- approximately 25 or more minutes of game play
Works with:
Credits:
Story and Art: Me
Background Art: Google and the owners who put it on google
Music: Heartstrings and You're Beautiful Soundtrack
Newcomer to otome game making here! I just finished recently and I was hoping to get opinions and feedback from those who play it :D I welcome critiques and I hope you enjoy the game :)

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

Re: Falling For You (Korean Idol Otome game)

#2 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Congrats on finishing your game~! I'll download it now and give you some feedback laterImage
i'll cry if you yell at me

sonorousgem
Regular

#3 Post by sonorousgem »

Oohh, those happen to be the only Korean dramas I've watched parts of before :D!
I'll play it right now~

sonorousgem
Regular

#4 Post by sonorousgem »

Okay, I played it and I'm super impressed! :D

I'm a newbie too and I haven't really played too many of these, but I hope my games turn out as well as yours! XD
Your art and story are good, but I did get a little distracted by how the sprites moved a little to the left or right when they changed expression... Also, there were a few spelling and grammar errors, but it didn't make the game less understandable :) (I also liked how you put happy faces in your dialogue XP)
I kept on choosing the wrong thing... it's a wonder how I was able to get all the endings! o_o
but how was I supposed to know whether or not to sign autographs with blue or black marker? XO
let's see, a couple more things... I really loved the music, it was very fitting :) it made me want to watch the dramas again...
I wish Soo Yun didn't block Jeremy when she talked, but I guess that couldn't be helped :P
The glasses on Min Kyung were a nice touch, it helped me tell who was who XD
I felt kind of bad when I went on dates with all of them o.o
This was fun! I hope you make more games in the future :)

monkeyartist214

#5 Post by monkeyartist214 »

Thank you soooo much :D I'm working on another game right now and I hope that the characters don't awkwardly shift any more haha (i still don't understand how to work the sprites that well) and I'll be sure to proof read :D Thanks again so much! I really appreciate it!

SkyeBlue

#6 Post by SkyeBlue »

Just finished this game! I think it's really good. My only wish it that it were longer :P haha I wanted to get to know the guys a little better.
I also really love Korean dramas so I think it was a great idea to base a game on them. Also, I really loved the music that was used in the game but I feel like it could have been varied from time to time (like using something different for sad or dramatic scenes). I think it would help set up the different moods for different scenes.

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#7 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Hello~

I just recently finished your game and I must say- it was very cute. Min Kyung was definitely my favourite ^^. I really like that you based it off a Korean drama, since I love them so much~!

I think that you should have made the game play a little longer. When I finished the game, I still didn't like each character enough to feel like I could adore them. I also thought that it was kinda weird that you were adding smiley faces to the script- when the sprites already expressed the emotions you wanted to show. I also felt that it was weird and awkward that no matter which person you had the highest points/love level with, you still went on a date with each one. It became really distracting for me when I saw the spelling errors and grammar. It made me think more about the mistakes rather then the story. It also distracted me when the sprites kept moving in different directions. So next time, could you add more character development and make it longer? I think by then your games will be a lot more enjoyable~!
Hope this helped!
i'll cry if you yell at me

monkeyartist214

#8 Post by monkeyartist214 »

thanks so much! I really appreciate the feedback! I will definitely make the improvements for the next game I make :)

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#9 Post by Anne »

I liked Shin singing, I wish the other two did so too