Re:Set Episode 1 Remake : Thief of all Hearts [VN/RPG]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Minari Cipher
Regular
Projects: Seasons of Love, The Dare to Gamble, Halloween Otome (Beta Tester)

Re: Re:Set Episode 1 Remake : Thief of all Hearts [VN/RPG]

#31 Post by Minari Cipher »

There is a big improvement in the new version of the game. I love the sense of humor you put in it, it was really hilarious. :lol:

My favorite scene in the game is when Gerald was "Mike struck" his just standing there and really red, and his answer was very far from Mike's question. :D Oh yeah, Coren wearing a girls clothes was an awesome touch. :lol: I have a stupid question, is Coren and Isabela/Isabel (not good at remembering names X3) of the same age (this was probably mention in the game and I was not paying attention)? because if they were I ship them X3.

During the game I have a little difficulty reading the choices. The choice style (if that's what you call it) was kinda unreadable for me I have too zoom in my face in front the screen X3, the choices blends/fades with the background except if the background is black. I suggest that the choice color background opacity would be lessen and the choice font color should be darker.

Well that's all. I'll be looking forward to your game Azure-chan . . . ^^,
Seasons of Love (Little Helpers)
The Dare to Gamble (Writer)

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#32 Post by Coren »

is Coren and Isabela/Isabel (not good at remembering names X3) of the same age (this was probably mention in the game and I was not paying attention)? because if they were I ship them X3.
I am, apparently, asexual.
Last edited by Coren on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#33 Post by azureXtwilight »

D`Angel18 wrote:There is a big improvement in the new version of the game. I love the sense of humor you put in it, it was really hilarious. :lol:

My favorite scene in the game is when Gerald was "Mike struck" his just standing there and really red, and his answer was very far from Mike's question. :D Oh yeah, Coren wearing a girls clothes was an awesome touch. :lol: I have a stupid question, is Coren and Isabela/Isabel (not good at remembering names X3) of the same age (this was probably mention in the game and I was not paying attention)? because if they were I ship them X3.

During the game I have a little difficulty reading the choices. The choice style (if that's what you call it) was kinda unreadable for me I have too zoom in my face in front the screen X3, the choices blends/fades with the background except if the background is black. I suggest that the choice color background opacity would be lessen and the choice font color should be darker.

Well that's all. I'll be looking forward to your game Azure-chan . . . ^^,
Thanks! Look forward to the next episodes~
Coren is asexual. :mrgreen:
I will change the color scheme accordingly in the next installments, thank you for your suggestion!

Minari Cipher
Regular

#34 Post by Minari Cipher »

Coren an asexual character.
WHAT!? :shock:
Missing and forgetting some information (which are important) are really a disease of mine. I should really pay attention to what I read. Knowing that Coren is that, it made me laugh :lol:.
Last edited by Minari Cipher on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#35 Post by Coren »

... and to answer your question, I'm 17 and Isabel is 15. P: Don't ship us though, we're just BFFs.

And I'm pretty sure Clara's joking about the asexual part.

Minari Cipher
Regular

#36 Post by Minari Cipher »

Kirroha wrote:... and to answer your question, I'm 17 and Isabel is 15. P: Don't ship us though, we're just BFFs.

And I'm pretty sure Clara's joking about the asexual part.
:D
I know, I was just referring to Re:Set Coren character and Isabel character not the Coren and Isabel in real life. Don't worry about that I know you're not really an asexual person, I was also referring to the Re:Set Coren character. :lol:

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#37 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Okay, I shall now post a quick review~

First off! The remake tears the original into little pieces and stomps on it multiple times. While I still like the old one, this new version not only revamps it with better art and detailed story, you introduce us to something FRESH! New characters (including the implementation of Doppelganger) and great new gameplay, such as inspection, interrogation, and best of all...THE RPG ELEMENT! Battles, yeaaah <333

Now....

I like how we start at the beginning. We get to see how Gerald and Mike actually meet, and before she cut her hair! Their dialogue seems even better than the original. Mike is as witty as ever, and she can also become totally adorable as well! I also liked the switching between POVs. I don't think I've ran into very many games that switch POVs, so that's a cool feature so we get to see things at different angles.

So, let us go through all of the good;
- REALLY GOOD STORY! A visual novel is nothing if the story falls flat, but Re:Set doesn't. It has depth, yet it doesn't fear being whacky either, and it all flows very well.
The seven demons, portrayed as the seven deadly sins also seem to have substance to them compared to the original game. I liked the relationship between Sydonai and Midas, and the reason why she became the sin of "Lust". It really add more depth. Instead of just presenting the sin in its raw, selfish form, you portray it in a more human way---often times, why the sin is committed. For Sydonai, all she wanted was Midas, but he was Greedy and she felt abandoned, so she sought what she wasn't getting in all the wrong places and became...well, Lust.

I really liked learning more about Mike's past, and why she is hurting the way she is...so she acts well, like Mike XD It's cute how she and Gerald interacts concerning this, and I loved their promise. Not sounding cheesy, either. Quite the plus~
DOPPELGANGER JUN AND YURI!!! I loved seeing them again so much. Melding the stories together brings up points for me~

- The RPG battles were fun! This feature made Re:Set go beyond being a linear novel, but I can actually think of it as a "game" with high emphesis on story.

- Voices for character battles!!! Everyone matched their character well. Even though it is only heard during battles, now I have a voice for each character as I read in my head. I was also very proud to see one of my own voice actors there ^.-

- Epic opening, as usual! I won't comment on the song 'cause I sung it and...yeah, I'm still a little embarrassed ^///^

Okay, now for...some of the cons;

- As already mentioned, the color scheme for the choice menu was difficult to read...even when I put on my glasses XD More or less, the background color.

- Voice audio needs to be louder. I had to lower the music volume in order to hear the voices, especially when a battle ends. So either battle music needs to be lowered, or voice volume needs to be normalized. It differed per character, too. Since you are probably dealing with VAs using different equipment and settings, their volumes aren't level with each other.

Lastly, Gerald theories;
At first, I thought he was the original box owner. Then, it seemed he was one of the demons himself, considering the flashbacks. Now...the epilogue makes me think he might of been used for some kind of "experiment".
I remembered some other errors, too, and when I run into them again, I shall report. Anyway, great story! I look forward to episode 2! ^o^
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#38 Post by azureXtwilight »

Kokoro Hane wrote:Okay, I shall now post a quick review~

First off! The remake tears the original into little pieces and stomps on it multiple times. While I still like the old one, this new version not only revamps it with better art and detailed story, you introduce us to something FRESH! New characters (including the implementation of Doppelganger) and great new gameplay, such as inspection, interrogation, and best of all...THE RPG ELEMENT! Battles, yeaaah <333
Thank you! I'm still a novice at this so please bear with any lack of features...
Now....

I like how we start at the beginning. We get to see how Gerald and Mike actually meet, and before she cut her hair! Their dialogue seems even better than the original. Mike is as witty as ever, and she can also become totally adorable as well! I also liked the switching between POVs. I don't think I've ran into very many games that switch POVs, so that's a cool feature so we get to see things at different angles.
Thank you. The reason why the POVs are not like the old one is maybe it'll be a good idea to introduce the main characters first before anything else.
DOPPELGANGER JUN AND YURI!!! I loved seeing them again so much. Melding the stories together brings up points for me~
Well, there will be more of doppelganger characters XD
- As already mentioned, the color scheme for the choice menu was difficult to read...even when I put on my glasses XD More or less, the background color.
All righty~ I'll use a different color scheme next time.
- Voice audio needs to be louder. I had to lower the music volume in order to hear the voices, especially when a battle ends. So either battle music needs to be lowered, or voice volume needs to be normalized. It differed per character, too. Since you are probably dealing with VAs using different equipment and settings, their volumes aren't level with each other.

All I can say it all voices are in diff qualities when given to me, so the only option now is to lower the music volume manually throughout the game with the preference settings.
Lastly, Gerald theories;
At first, I thought he was the original box owner. Then, it seemed he was one of the demons himself, considering the flashbacks. Now...the epilogue makes me think he might of been used for some kind of "experiment".
Experiment? Now you have my attention *_*

iibexie
IRC Nick: Kira

#39 Post by iibexie »

Can't wait to play ! :D ! I literally died (After getting a majority of Doppleganger Endings) when I realized you also did the Fantasia Series also. HOW COULD I NOT TELL omg. The work is almost the same and all stories are truly amazing! You are seriously my favorite VN Creator. (I've played almost everyone out there too by the way c:) Keep on doing what you're doing !

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#40 Post by azureXtwilight »

iibexie wrote: Can't wait to play ! :D ! I literally died (After getting a majority of Doppleganger Endings) when I realized you also did the Fantasia Series also. HOW COULD I NOT TELL omg. The work is almost the same and all stories are truly amazing! You are seriously my favorite VN Creator. (I've played almost everyone out there too by the way c:) Keep on doing what you're doing !
Thank you, can't wait to hear your feedback~

Katty16
Regular

#41 Post by Katty16 »

Omg!!! I wondered when you would get finished with this!! I played the first episode long ago and when I saw that you was going to make a remake of it I was really curious how it was going to be. Can't wait to play it!!! I hope not too much of the story is changed *^* But I don't mind if it is anyway XD
It's so cute, and when I'm finished I will tell you how awesome it was x3

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#42 Post by tiya_nofurita »

I'll definitely download this after I get stable internet connection (maybe on early September) can't wait to play the demo has already caught my interest =w=. Congrats for the release and being so productive VN developer =w=
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#43 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thanks, guys!

I have to forewarn that there has been so many changes in storyline/events/characters from the first episode, even so, the essence is still the same and doesn't disrupt the original storyline.

bakachocolate

#44 Post by bakachocolate »

Well, I have one question...
Is this game's romance...BG? GB?? BL??? GL????
Hehe, I have to ask :3

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#45 Post by MaiMai »

Uuuu, need to play this, I remember enjoying the first version a lot.

Azure, I have to say, it's a pleasure to see you making games and free ones to boot. I can feel the love you pour into this especially since you've been improving a lot art wise (I think you can draw hands better than I do now!)
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)