Re:Set Episode 1 Remake : Thief of all Hearts [VN/RPG]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: Re:Set Episode 1 Remake : Thief of all Hearts [VN/RPG]

#61 Post by azureXtwilight »

Hmm, I'll try to figure that out. Thanks XD

suikojay
Regular

#62 Post by suikojay »

Arg, there are some other things I forgot to talk about.

In regards to the Item Inventory during battles (u probably already know), it can be extremely cluttered with many of the same items in different slots. Near the end of the game, I had 4 slots of candy and 3 slots of sushi, lol. It would be nice if those could be consolidated so that there would only be 1 slot for candy and 1 slot for sushi. I guess, for now, though, it's fine since there really aren't all too many items in the game, but it would be quite frustrating if there were like 30+ different items, lol. Also, the "Elixir" item isn't left aligned like the other items, so it looks kinda funny, lol. Plus, it doesn't say on the item how much MP u get when u use it - seems to be 10MP, though. And I have to ask, why is the elixir so weak? :mrgreen: In many RPGs that feature the elixir item, it's usually one of the most powerful items u can get, as it usually restores full HP and/or full MP for 1 character! I was so shocked that my jaw almost hit the ground when I found out that it's the weakest item in the game! :lol:

Also, I have another thing to ask, but what does "speed" in battles do? I know Mike has a Magic spell called "Go! Go! Go!" (which supposedly doubles a character's speed) but as far as I can tell, it doesn't actually do anything, lol. Or does it? :mrgreen:

Also, when u go to choose Valerie's "Blessing" magic, it'll say "Player." When I first encountered that, I felt that it was too ambiguous as I wasn't sure how many characters it was actually targeting. To make things more specific, perhaps u could change it to say "All Players" or "All Allies." This same concept (in being more specific) can be applied to other magic/special abilities, as well; for example, "All Enemies" is better than just "Enemies" since "Enemies" could mean just 2 or 3 or 4 enemies. This is something I'm kinda used to seeing in RPGs. However, it's not really a big deal at this point, but in future installments, it would be nice to see, as it'll certainly make the game feel more polished, and that's always a good thing! :)
azureXtwilight wrote:I still cannot code how that works. Usually all I put range = a certain degree of numbers, but those numbers doesn't define the real number for boxes.
Ah, I see. Well, if u aren't able to figure it out, or if it's just too much work, u still could do an approximation of how many boxes, and just have it look something like "Gammatron Punch (35 MP) (R5-7)" and the "R5-7" would just mean an approximate range of 5-7 boxes. At least we would have a slight idea then of the range. But if it's too much work to figure that out, I wouldn't worry about it. =)
I have to say that they are called the seven demons by people who adopts those ideas, just because there are seven and they have similar traits. They are exactly NOT the same seven demons from the religion/culture (They are not even exactly demons, just artificial made-up creatures). It's just easier for humans in the story to call them that. What they are is basically odd creatures with quirks and personalities on their own apart of the titles human they gave them, so I apologize if it causes misunderstanding. It will explained further in the other episodes.
Heh, no need to apologize Azure-san, there were no misunderstandings! :D To put it another way, I'll just say, keep up the good work, since for the most part, you're doing a great job! ^__^

AlmondFlower
Regular

#63 Post by AlmondFlower »

To be honest, I thought I was going to hate having the battles added into the game. The first battle between Gerald and the two zombie things was interesting to figure out how to use, but it seemed to take away from the introduction. Once I got past that point and into the game itself as it went further along, the battles became more immersed into the plot and seemed to have more purpose. I'm happy to say, I enjoy the battles in it. They add to the player's interaction, at least they did for me, which was a good surprise. I've not gotten all the way to the end successfully yet, but it's fun so far.

I love your games. XD
moved accounts to AngelicReckoning.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#64 Post by azureXtwilight »

AlmondFlower wrote:To be honest, I thought I was going to hate having the battles added into the game. The first battle between Gerald and the two zombie things was interesting to figure out how to use, but it seemed to take away from the introduction. Once I got past that point and into the game itself as it went further along, the battles became more immersed into the plot and seemed to have more purpose. I'm happy to say, I enjoy the battles in it. They add to the player's interaction, at least they did for me, which was a good surprise. I've not gotten all the way to the end successfully yet, but it's fun so far.

I love your games. XD
Thank you~ And don't worry, I am actually trying to incorporate less battles in next episodes because people said they were a chore to go through the storyline once you finished the game once :)
Also, I have another thing to ask, but what does "speed" in battles do? I know Mike has a Magic spell called "Go! Go! Go!" (which supposedly doubles a character's speed) but as far as I can tell, it doesn't actually do anything, lol. Or does it? :mrgreen:
I always assumed they increase the amount of moves available XD
Also, when u go to choose Valerie's "Blessing" magic, it'll say "Player." When I first encountered that, I felt that it was too ambiguous as I wasn't sure how many characters it was actually targeting. To make things more specific, perhaps u could change it to say "All Players" or "All Allies." This same concept (in being more specific) can be applied to other magic/special abilities, as well; for example, "All Enemies" is better than just "Enemies" since "Enemies" could mean just 2 or 3 or 4 enemies. This is something I'm kinda used to seeing in RPGs. However, it's not really a big deal at this point, but in future installments, it would be nice to see, as it'll certainly make the game feel more polished, and that's always a good thing! :)
Yes, but changing the whole name will require me to change a lot of the factions name at the coding. So I'll leave it at that since it's not that big of a deal.
In many RPGs that feature the elixir item, it's usually one of the most powerful items u can get, as it usually restores full HP and/or full MP for 1 character! I was so shocked that my jaw almost hit the ground when I found out that it's the weakest item in the game! :lol:
I dare to be different! *gets shot in the head* I'll find a way to make them aren't cluttered then.

suikojay
Regular

#65 Post by suikojay »

azureXtwilight wrote:I am actually trying to incorporate less battles in next episodes because people said they were a chore to go through the storyline once you finished the game once :)
Yep, as u said, people thought they were a bit of a chore after the 1st play-thru (I know I did, lol), so I don't think u necessarily have to decrease the amount of battles in the next episodes. What u could do, instead, is after the 1st play-thru, perhaps u could have the option of turning off the battles, or u could have something like what u already have in this first game: "Story Mode", and have "Story Mode" unlock after the 1st (or possibly 2nd) play-thru, and of course, with this particular "Story Mode", u would still be able to unlock all the CGs and events just like if u were playing in "Battle Mode." Anyway, it's just a thought and another possible alternative. :mrgreen:

scorlight
Regular

#66 Post by scorlight »

Uwa!!! I just finished this game and I have to say I LOVE IT!!! Of course it isnt perfect and have some errors (I dont need to say what they are because others had pointed them out correctly in the previous posts)
The art is quite well. The problem is... players want to achieve CGs because they are beautiful, but I think the normal art is more beautiful than the CGs n that made me feel a little disappointed
There is nothing to complain about the story and dialouges. U made a splendid story!! Congratulation!!! ^^ Greed and Lust past is so touching TT^TT They both love each other so much. Greed want to prove Lust his love by giving her everything he can but he dont understand that he is everything for her. And in the end he just made her suffer great misery....
There is some moments worth remembering, the one I love the most is when Mike and Gerald on the train and she said "I'm going to fall in love with you" and Gerald just don't know how to deal with her. Man! That was fantastic! I cant want to play episode 2 to see what happen with their adventure. U dont make them forget everything, do u? O_o
Artist for rent, see my art here: http://scorlight.deviantart.com/gallery/

animelover116

#67 Post by animelover116 »

It was amazing :)
Cant wait for the next episode.Btw when will it come out?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#68 Post by azureXtwilight »

scorlight wrote:Uwa!!! I just finished this game and I have to say I LOVE IT!!! Of course it isnt perfect and have some errors (I dont need to say what they are because others had pointed them out correctly in the previous posts)
The art is quite well. The problem is... players want to achieve CGs because they are beautiful, but I think the normal art is more beautiful than the CGs n that made me feel a little disappointed
There is nothing to complain about the story and dialouges. U made a splendid story!! Congratulation!!! ^^ Greed and Lust past is so touching TT^TT They both love each other so much. Greed want to prove Lust his love by giving her everything he can but he dont understand that he is everything for her. And in the end he just made her suffer great misery....
There is some moments worth remembering, the one I love the most is when Mike and Gerald on the train and she said "I'm going to fall in love with you" and Gerald just don't know how to deal with her. Man! That was fantastic! I cant want to play episode 2 to see what happen with their adventure. U dont make them forget everything, do u? O_o
Thank you for the comment, I am truly sorry about the mistakes. I wish there's someone who can help me program the errors, but since I can't find anyone yet, it might stay that way. I'm glad you enjoyed it :) And about the ending... Well, I don't really want to drop a deus ex machina to make people still remember even though the rules says they will forget...
animelover116 wrote:It was amazing :)
Cant wait for the next episode.Btw when will it come out?
Pretty soon! :) All I have to do is code the battles, and make a new OP. Everything else is pretty much done.

sanashi27
Regular
Tumblr: ichika27
Deviantart: sorayume-kyou

#69 Post by sanashi27 »

Played it. It was nice. As someone who has played the original version(both episode 1 and 2), I can't help but compare the 2:

The art got much better. The only character design that I noticed that's really different would be Gerald who now looks older compared to the original where he looks like a teenager. The looks of the game(the screen, font, buttons) look great as it doesn't hurt the eyes and looks um... well, how should I put it- "cleaner" than that of the 1st game.

Story-wise, I like the beginning where Gerald meets and saves Mike(Shipping moment... lots and lots of shipping moment XD). But I like the original versions backstory as well(it was kinda more dramatic than this one. I mean in that one Mike, was alone after everything that happened and she meets Gerald and stuff). I like either one actually.

The backstory for the seven sins however, as awesome as it is, I liked the original one better cause they are just evil and unlike other villains with reasons and excuses, they just do bad things cause that's what they do. It felt a lot original so to speak but giving them backstories is good too as it gives them much more personality than just you average villain.

A question though, why did Mike suddenly have to look like a boy in this game? In the original one, she did that to lure out Lust(and boy, I didn't see that coming). In this one however, did she not only have any idea that Lust was their 1st enemy but she(and Gerald) also tells people that she's a girl when they mistake her for a guy(that means, the whole thing isn't for a disguise).

Mike is kinda different here compared to the Mike of the original game. The Mike from Re:set v1 is kinda more tomboyish than this one and she seems to fit right in to the normal world(like she wasn't from a rich family) than this one(like, v1 Mike likes fastfoood and doesn't say anything about being classy). But I like that more about her family is discussed on here. It would definitely add more drama someday.

The game is hard to complete though. I've played in both story and battle mode and had finished the game more than once but I couldn't unlock the other cgs. Plus, I kept getting the same ending(are there even other endings?). I guess I'll need a walkthrough(mind giving me one please?).

Oh and Jun and Yuri!! I'm super duper happy to see them here :)

Other than that, awesome game and thanks for creating it.(may I please have a walkthrough though?)

Your art got better... any chance of a Fantasia remake? XD
Playing games are wonderful. It's like living another life although short, yet it's unforgettable.

MikaYuu is Love, MikaYuu is Life. My OTP <3

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#70 Post by azureXtwilight »

sanashi27 wrote:Played it. It was nice. As someone who has played the original version(both episode 1 and 2), I can't help but compare the 2:

The art got much better. The only character design that I noticed that's really different would be Gerald who now looks older compared to the original where he looks like a teenager. The looks of the game(the screen, font, buttons) look great as it doesn't hurt the eyes and looks um... well, how should I put it- "cleaner" than that of the 1st game.
Thank you, the old font choice really was painful and I tried to fix the GUI as clean as possible. Sometimes simple things works best. Gerald is supposed to look older as well, considering I meant him to look like a young adult instead of a teenager.
Story-wise, I like the beginning where Gerald meets and saves Mike(Shipping moment... lots and lots of shipping moment XD). But I like the original versions backstory as well(it was kinda more dramatic than this one. I mean in that one Mike, was alone after everything that happened and she meets Gerald and stuff). I like either one actually.
The old backstory and the new one is actually the same, the difference is whether or not Sloth locks Mike down. In both stories Gerald saves her either way
The backstory for the seven sins however, as awesome as it is, I liked the original one better cause they are just evil and unlike other villains with reasons and excuses, they just do bad things cause that's what they do. It felt a lot original so to speak but giving them backstories is good too as it gives them much more personality than just you average villain.
I actually dislike one-dimensional villains, like they are supposed to have nothing else in life except being... evil. It's also quite overused in western stories and fairytales. So I wanted to give them something like a grey morality sense and even a reason to do something.
A question though, why did Mike suddenly have to look like a boy in this game? In the original one, she did that to lure out Lust(and boy, I didn't see that coming). In this one however, did she not only have any idea that Lust was their 1st enemy but she(and Gerald) also tells people that she's a girl when they mistake her for a guy(that means, the whole thing isn't for a disguise).
She doesn't hide the fact that she is a boy, Mike just likes wearing pants more and she cuts her hair because it's being on the way when she fights. In fact in this episode she's quite angry when people mistake her as a boy.
Mike is kinda different here compared to the Mike of the original game. The Mike from Re:set v1 is kinda more tomboyish than this one and she seems to fit right in to the normal world(like she wasn't from a rich family) than this one(like, v1 Mike likes fastfoood and doesn't say anything about being classy). But I like that more about her family is discussed on here. It would definitely add more drama someday.
The old Mike was also from a rich family who wants to taste normal people's food (saying stuff like she used to eat expensive food), and since the POV was more from Miki's side, it was just implied. I just emphasized her social status more this time since we give Mike more screentime.
The game is hard to complete though. I've played in both story and battle mode and had finished the game more than once but I couldn't unlock the other cgs. Plus, I kept getting the same ending(are there even other endings?). I guess I'll need a walkthrough(mind giving me one please?).
Here : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 55&t=22663
Your art got better... any chance of a Fantasia remake? XD
Lol, most likely not. The third fantasia game will be commercial though.

I have released the second episode remake here : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=23996

sanashi27
Regular
Tumblr: ichika27
Deviantart: sorayume-kyou

#71 Post by sanashi27 »

[quote="azureXtwilight"][/quote]

Thanks for the walkthrough. :)
Playing games are wonderful. It's like living another life although short, yet it's unforgettable.

MikaYuu is Love, MikaYuu is Life. My OTP <3

mimi92

#72 Post by mimi92 »

Please help me!!! ;'( Where to obtain the locked cg? This is the only unobtainable cg for me....

ColaCat
Veteran

#73 Post by ColaCat »

@mimi92
You might want to put that in a spoiler tag, or put some kind of spoiler warning up. People might not want to see all the CGs.

mimi92

#74 Post by mimi92 »

ColaCat wrote:@mimi92
You might want to put that in a spoiler tag, or put some kind of spoiler warning up. People might not want to see all the CGs.
Oh, sorry. Since I'm new to this, I hope I don't give any offense for people who hates spoiler. Would you mind teaching me how to put the cg behind spoiler tag. I really don't know >.<

ColaCat
Veteran

#75 Post by ColaCat »

Sure. Don't worry about it, we all have to learn.

I'm not sure if this works for images as well (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but I'll tell you how to do a general spoiler tag.

When you are writing a comment, it will say "Full Editor" at the bottom (next to submit).
Click it (don't worry, anything you write will still be there).
Now at the top of the full editor page their should be a little button saying "spoiler"
[*/spoiler] (the asterisk won't be there, I just put it in so you could see what I'm talking about)
Anything you write inside of the spoiler tag will be covered in white, meaning that people have to highlight it to see what's underneath.
If I took out the asterisk this would be covered.[*/spoiler]

I don't know if it works for images, but I think it does. If not just put the word "spoiler" in caps at the beginning of your post.

EDIT: Forgot to say; welcome to lemma :)