Schoolgirl x Squid

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

Schoolgirl x Squid

#1 Post by ebi-hime »

Schoolgirl x Squid is a heart-warming tale, in which you - Kitashikawa Moe, a Japanese schoolgirl and part-time fashion blogger - must take care of a cute pet squid. Try not to kill him - because, in all honesty, he’s one of the only friends you have… Or, is he... even more than that...?

For all the people who have ever wanted to date a squid, this is definitely the visual novel for you!

I suppose it's kind of like a dating sim - but it's more about general squidcare, and trying not to do foolish things to murder your cute companion.
If that doesn't take your fancy, maybe the fact one of the supporting characters has really ridiculous hair will :'D

Download for Windows here.
And if you want to check out anything I might be working on at the moment/any new releases, you can check out my tumblr blog here!!!

I hope some people can enjoy it, despite its silliness!!!

Sheridan
Regular
Completed: Tea & Sympathy, 51 cards

Re: Schoolgirl x Squid

#2 Post by Sheridan »

The bad ends in this game are hilarious. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous (in a good way!), but special kudos there.

thecrazy88

#3 Post by thecrazy88 »

I enjoy this game because it's so silly and funny, though it's somewhat educational. And it kind of reminds me of Kuragehime. The bad endings really are hilarious, in fact I keep saving just before the decision so I can pick that wrong one on purpose and see each one.

I really like the music as well.

thecrazy88

#4 Post by thecrazy88 »

Just finished all the endings The good ending was nice, very sweet.
The bad endings are sad, especially the one where Moe has to set him free.
Good writing. I like the random squid facts, and I like that the game didn't take itself too seriously and poking fun at shoujo manga/VN tropes.

Nayara NightRoo
Regular
Projects: The Curse

#5 Post by Nayara NightRoo »

...This is the weirdest game I have ever ever played... :shock: And I liked it!!
All those facts about squids... and the weird-looking characters... and the "silly" story... :o So great.
If you can't do anything, why do you worry? And if you can do something... why do you worry?
The Curse | Honest Critique

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#6 Post by distorsion »

No mac version? ;A;
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

Sheridan
Regular
Completed: Tea & Sympathy, 51 cards

#7 Post by Sheridan »

distorsion wrote:No mac version? ;A;
Not a perfect solution, but try dropping the game in your Ren'Py projects folder and running it through Ren'Py's "Launch Project" button. I've done that for Windows games on Linux and it worked 90% of the time.