Miranda, Princess at Heart [GxB, slice of life]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

Re: Miranda, Princess at Heart [GxB, slice of life]

#16 Post by Didules »

sonorousgem wrote:You can tell that I did Mira's friends sprites first, huh? ;D (and I did Jen's last.) I used deviantARTmuro, and as much as I like deviantART, I really want to use another program for other projects! I'm used to doing traditional art, so now that this is done I'm definitely going to work harder digitally (i.e., shadows, hair, etc.)~!
Actually since a few weeks ago I only worked traditionally and then put colors on it digitally, I think it's a pretty good alternative if you don't want a tablet (yet or not ever), just ink your sprites traditionally and then use a level layer to clean them up! The mouse is actually rather okay to do shadows and colors~ :)
BTW, the sprites of your WIP are quite nice :)
BUT I did forget something! Beware of the perspectives in your BG, somehow it feels strange for some scenes (for instance in school! but Miranda's home is good! I don't know how to say this but a view from up high doesn't give a good feeling ^^)
sonorousgem wrote:Yes, thank you again for playing and for taking the time to write this!!! :D
Actually it's not that long ^^ Moreover, you brought us a really cute game so it would be a shame not to say everything I could XD So thank YOU for making it:3

sonorousgem
Regular

#17 Post by sonorousgem »

@Didules: I still like working traditionally, but I've been doing a lot of stuff digitally recently, so I think I can work things out that way :) (and I do have a tablet, that's what I've used for all my projects :P )
...oh, you saw the WIP for Finding my way to you...?? In that, the characters were made with the art program I used for CGs in Miranda; unfortunately I can't use that program for sprites b/c it doesn't do transparent backgrounds T.T Also, I'll probably continue to put that project on hold b/c I've gotten into another idea XD
Thanks for the tip about the backgrounds... I couldn't really decide if I wanted an aerial view or just straight-on, but that's certainly something else I'll try to be touching up on before I make a WIP thread for my new idea :)

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#18 Post by Didules »

sonorousgem wrote:@Didules: I still like working traditionally, but I've been doing a lot of stuff digitally recently, so I think I can work things out that way :) (and I do have a tablet, that's what I've used for all my projects :P )
Somehow I almost stopped drawing traditionally in just 2 weeks XD If you do have a tablet, I advise you to draw your sprites on a bigger "paper", "file" (whatever it's called) (for instance I do my sprites on a 3000x3000 transparent layer) if you can, and then reduce them for the 800x600 game because then evenif you shudder a bit, it'll be reduced and novody will be able to see it ^^ that's a strange tip, but until now it worked for me ^^
Also, I'll probably continue to put that project on hold b/c I've gotten into another idea XD
I can understand that, I've got files and files about rabdom ideas I had XD then I'll patiently wait for a new WIP thread from you :)

Viobli
Regular
Projects: *Truly, Friends *Lady Eun-mi

#19 Post by Viobli »

sonorousgem wrote:
Viobli wrote:
For parts 1-9 I pretty much figured them out on my own and for part 10, I kind of thought the "princess-ly" (is there even such a word?) way and with some referencing to the script, I got the lines correct 8)
That's great to hear! If you do make some more games, I'll be sure to play. :D
Thanks XD but wait, were you aware that
the quotes on each title screen (part 1, 2, 3, etc.) were the correct lines for part 10? I don't know if anyone's caught that yet, but...
Yup, I was thinking that
the quotes might be related to the lines.

soraibi
Regular

#20 Post by soraibi »

I'm going to play this as well!! :D

sonorousgem
Regular

#21 Post by sonorousgem »

@Viobli: nice!! XD thank you again :)

@Didules: thank you for the tip! I've actually been experimenting with another program and have been drawing at 600% zoom, haha ;D it actually seems to be working pretty well!
Didules wrote:I can understand that, I've got files and files about rabdom ideas I had XD then I'll patiently wait for a new WIP thread from you :)
Thanks so much! If any of your ideas work out, I hope to find them here too :D

@soraibi: Yay! I hope you like it ^.^

Royalty

#22 Post by Royalty »

I have a problem, every time I try to download it, it wouldn't finish and this comes up: "D:\games\Miranda, Princess at Heart-1.0-win.zip.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.
Try again later, or contact the server administrator."
What is the problem??!! Please help.
P.S. The same happened when they were still parts and I was trying to download the 5 last parts that came out... T_T

sonorousgem
Regular

#23 Post by sonorousgem »

Royalty wrote:I have a problem, every time I try to download it, it wouldn't finish and this comes up: "D:\games\Miranda, Princess at Heart-1.0-win.zip.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.
Try again later, or contact the server administrator."
What is the problem??!! Please help.
P.S. The same happened when they were still parts and I was trying to download the 5 last parts that came out... T_T
Honestly, I have no idea what the problem is... that has never been a problem before O.O
totalthedog and I both have Windows computers (I'm assuming you do too?) and it works fine... I do also have a Mac that just won't download any of my files, but I think it's because it's too old.

So, if it's not too much trouble, maybe you should:
1. try again (like the thing suggests, although you probably have tried again...)
2. download another game (there are so many!) and see if the same thing happens...
Tell me what works and what doesn't... What might be happening is that your computer is too old... so if worse comes to worse, perhaps you should just try playing it on another computer... ^.^"
I'm sorry, I wish I could be of more help ._.

edit: I was also able to open the file on a school computer, so that is a possibility.

Royalty

#24 Post by Royalty »

Well, thanks anyways. :)
My laptop is about 4 years old, I think. The rest of stuff downloads just fine but, it happened with two other games before...not sure why. T_T
Oh well, I liked your game. Good job. :D

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#25 Post by Kato »

Finally got around to finishing this (I swear I need to clear more free time in my schedule :lol:)!

I really enjoyed it and I'm super glad you ended up finishing this. It's already been said but this is a fantastic first VN, I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for any future works you do :).
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

sonorousgem
Regular

#26 Post by sonorousgem »

@Royalty: So none of it worked...? I'm so sorry! :'(
Do you want me to release the game for all platforms and try that? In any case, thank you for following up with everything, and I'm glad you liked the parts that you were able to play >.<

@Kato: Thank you again XD (that's seriously becoming the only thing I can say)! Also, I know you've got your own projects floating around here, so I will check them out in a moment! :)

Jessie17

#27 Post by Jessie17 »

OMG. I can't get the good ending. This is soooo frustrating. I'm envying that everyone already got it! D; I'm really desperate. Can you help or at least give me hints? I'm at part 10 and I have to choose the lines. I started out with Miranda being all cold and then soon I made her say kind things. Cause in this part she falls in love and slowly stops being cold, right? Sorry if it's confusing, I don't know how to explain right. XD

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#28 Post by Kato »

Jessie17 wrote:OMG. I can't get the good ending. This is soooo frustrating. I'm envying that everyone already got it! D; I'm really desperate. Can you help or at least give me hints? I'm at part 10 and I have to choose the lines. I started out with Miranda being all cold and then soon I made her say kind things. Cause in this part she falls in love and slowly stops being cold, right? Sorry if it's confusing, I don't know how to explain right. XD
If you replay parts 1-9 again (you can use the skip function if your clicking finger gets tired) and pay special attention to the chapter titles you'll have all the clues you need.
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Jessie17

#29 Post by Jessie17 »

Kato wrote:
Jessie17 wrote:OMG. I can't get the good ending. This is soooo frustrating. I'm envying that everyone already got it! D; I'm really desperate. Can you help or at least give me hints? I'm at part 10 and I have to choose the lines. I started out with Miranda being all cold and then soon I made her say kind things. Cause in this part she falls in love and slowly stops being cold, right? Sorry if it's confusing, I don't know how to explain right. XD
If you replay parts 1-9 again (you can use the skip function if your clicking finger gets tired) and pay special attention to the chapter titles you'll have all the clues you need.
Thanks. :D

Jessie17

#30 Post by Jessie17 »

Hey, I think I did something wrong. On a part, I clicked the option when she confessed to Garette. And he rejected Miranda. Is that how he'll always react? I played part 10 over and over. And I'm still stuck. :(